Custom Person Provider (Actor Image Fetcher)

mickle026

mickle026

I think this is polished enough to be labelled a beta now.  Original thread is here

I have started a new thread to seperate this plugin and the confusion with another plugin I made.  There are two seperate plugins in the original thread.

This thread will carry the newest version of this plugin.

What this plugin does.
+++++++++++++++++

It sits in the Emby system and is called when:

1. A User or client clicks on an Actor (Movie or TV Series) that does not have an Image.
2. An Admin enabled user or client clicks on Edit Image (Even if you already have an image)

What this plugin does not do
++++++++++++++++++++++

1.  Scrape web pages continuously updating you Actor Images.
2.  Fetch Actor Images automatically when an item is added to your library.
3.  Fix issues in your Actor thumbnails (However >this plugin< will fix bad thumbs, corrupt files etc and re-enable Emby to update properly)

The Main configuration page can be found in your server dashboard Plugins.

It is recommended that you do not use all the scrapers at once.  This will slow page load times down dramatically even for clients. (only the Actor Info Page).
If you can use a friends server, or a second server, I would recommend doing that.  It will pull images from that too if it has one you need. You can do just alone that if you wish by dissabling all the scrapers but leaving the plugin turned on.

If you do come accross any that do not load a thumbnail in the preview, click the bottom right of that blank image to open it in a new browser window and see if it can be accessed.

I have left "TV Duck" in there but it probably will not work, so I recommend that is turned off unless you use it to open in another url and download the image manually.   I currently don't know why Emby cannot download from there yet, but it can access the image.  Maybe a TLS problem?  Emby may create a corrupt file from TV Duck.

Use the on/off toggle if you cannot delete an image, because of Emby re-fetching it.

Trakt Images are Webp,  If you can avoid them do so at them moment, they work in Emby, but Emby cannot currently resize them so shows an Error in the logs.

If you find you dont like an image fetched, click the search icon (admins) and there may be a few to choose from depending on the scrapers selected.  Some of IMDB images are cut off with half a face etc, some others may have two or more people in them, but generally most images are correct.

Screenshot_2021-02-10 Emby.png

Screenshot_2021-02-10 Emby(1).png

Nicole.jpg

Screenshot_2021-02-10 Emby(4).png

Untitled.jpg

CustomPersonProvider-beta4.6.0.22.zip

CustomPersonProvider-stable4.5.0.28.zip

Edited by mickle026
add stable and beta server versions
  • Like 3

Happy2Play

Is there a issue of the plugin not staying off?  It is only off while on the plugin page.

mickle026

Updated , found the error - I hope . A bracket '}' in the wrong place .

Edited by mickle026

mickle026
2 hours ago, pünktchen said:

@mickle026 can you please re-compile your plugin against the nugget package of the stable server?

Done, but what a pain, is there a way to do this without having 2 seperate projects or removing and re-adding the nuget packages?

• Thanks 1

pünktchen

Not that i know. But if you don't use any method that has changed for the beta server, you can keep the stable nugget package.

mickle026
6 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

Not that i know. But if you don't use any method that has changed for the beta server, you can keep the stable nugget package.

I need to use the tmdb and imdb id keys for this and the have changed :(

Happy2Play

Any one having a issue turning plugin on on beta?  config Switch is always false in xml.  If I manually change it to true and restart server the plugin starts working.  But toggling the on/off via plugin is always false in xml.

I noticed if I toggle on/off and then click servers tab and click save it will toggle on/off, not the save button on Config.

mickle026
26 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Any one having a issue turning plugin on on beta?  config Switch is always false in xml.  If I manually change it to true and restart server the plugin starts working.  But toggling the on/off via plugin is always false in xml.

I noticed if I toggle on/off and then click servers tab and click save it will toggle on/off, not the save button on Config.

The switch is working fine here, true false on toggle instantly in the xml (without clciking save)

However its misbehaving when page is navigtated away from or save is clicked.  I'll investigate.

mickle026

*Updated* with toggle on/off fix

When the page loads the static html shows the toggle as on but will set itself to the correct position quite quickly when the config is loaded as the page renders.

let me know if this works or not for you.  It works here on my test machine and on my server.

Edited by mickle026
  • Like 1

Happy2Play
42 minutes ago, mickle026 said:

*Updated* with toggle on/off fix

When the page loads the static html shows the toggle as on but will set itself to the correct position quite quickly when the config is loaded as the page renders.

let me know if this works or not for you.  It works here on my test machine and on my server.

Works in my test on beta and issue I described above is resolved also.

• 1 year later...
mickle026

TMDB has its own plugin available via the Emby catalogue.

This plugin is now not being developed but has grown into a new plugin which has many more features. (Still in Alpha, and still being modified daily - please read the thread first)
Here: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/94263-backup-restore-actors-beta-with-local-or-web-based-restore/page/7/#comment-1128934

If you try it out, you might have to uninstall this one first (not sure if the plugins have the same id)

marcelhehle

Thanks! ... I did already.

The plugin is not what I'm looking for: I's storing my metadata in nfos and with new actors there's always the problem that Emby neither reads the <tmdbid> tag in the actor-section in the nfo nor does a lookup. So I'm loking for a way to batch-update a big number of actors.