BubbleUPnP too long to detect Emby Server

dml33
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Hi. 

I have Emby v4.5.4.0 with a Music Library which I would like to stream to a Yamaha AVR by using BubbleUPnP (3.14.17) Android app. 

The issue is that BubbleUPnP takes ages (a minute or even more) to discover Emby Server, but detects others (laptops, for example) instantaneously. It makes my children crazy and they do not want to use it 😅

What could be happening? Is there anything I could configure or do in Emby (or BubbleUPnP maybe), to be faster and usable? 

Thanks!! 

Does the Yamaha receiver not have direct DLNA client capability? If it does then you dont need BubblePnP at all. If the Yamaha has DLNA client it should be able to see Emby Server directly. Emby server has native DLNA rendering built in. If your Yamaha isnt DLNA capable, how do you get it to see BubblePnp?

Are you trying to cast music to the Yamaha from a phone or tablet? If so you should be able to load Emby app to the phone or tablet and cast music directly through Emby to the Yamaha by way of the same mechanism you're using for BubblePnP. Emby Android app has casting built in as well. But either your Yamaha would need to accept casting directly or have a device connected externally (like chromecast or other) to accept the cast and send to the Yamaha.

Unless there is some other overriding need. I wouldn't complicate the setup by introducing BubblePnP at all. My 2cents.

rbjtech

In the DLNA Plugin itself - set the Blast Alive to less than 300 seconds ...

Capture.PNG

Edited by rbjtech

Thanks for your answers!

The Yamaha AVR is 5 years old and I am not sure if it does have an actual DLNA render. It does not appear in Emby as an option to play into:

<root xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:device-1-0" xmlns:ms="urn:microsoft-com:wmc-1-0" xmlns:pnpx="http://schemas.microsoft.com/windows/pnpx/2005/11" xmlns:df="http://schemas.microsoft.com/windows/2008/09/devicefoundation" xmlns:yamaha="urn:schemas-yamaha-com:device-1-0">
<yamaha:X_device>
<yamaha:X_URLBase>http://192.168.4.140:80/</yamaha:X_URLBase>
<yamaha:X_serviceList>
<yamaha:X_service>
<yamaha:X_specType>urn:schemas-yamaha-com:service:X_YamahaRemoteControl:1</yamaha:X_specType>
<yamaha:X_controlURL>/YamahaRemoteControl/ctrl</yamaha:X_controlURL>
<yamaha:X_unitDescURL>/YamahaRemoteControl/desc.xml</yamaha:X_unitDescURL>
</yamaha:X_service>
</yamaha:X_serviceList>
</yamaha:X_device>
<specVersion>
<major>1</major>
<minor>0</minor>
</specVersion>
<device ms:X_MS_SupportsWMDRM="true">
<dlna:X_DLNADOC xmlns:dlna="urn:schemas-dlna-org:device-1-0">DMR-1.50</dlna:X_DLNADOC>
<pnpx:X_compatibleId>MS_DigitalMediaDeviceClass_DMR_V001 </pnpx:X_compatibleId>
<pnpx:X_deviceCategory>MediaDevices Multimedia.DMR MediaDevice.DMC </pnpx:X_deviceCategory>
<pnpx:X_hardwareId>VEN_0033&DEV_0006&REV_01 </pnpx:X_hardwareId>
<df:X_deviceCategory>Multimedia.DMR </df:X_deviceCategory>
<deviceType>urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:MediaRenderer:1</deviceType>
<friendlyName>RX-V475 A11J64</friendlyName>
<manufacturer>Yamaha Corporation</manufacturer>
<manufacturerURL>http://www.yamaha.com/</manufacturerURL>
<modelDescription>AV Receiver</modelDescription>
<modelName>RX-V475</modelName>
<modelNumber>V475</modelNumber>
<modelURL>http://www.yamaha.com/</modelURL>
<serialNumber>0C0C8164</serialNumber>
<UDN>uuid:6f9ac1b3-ef59-1900-3530-00c0de415a13</UDN>
<UPC>142810128508</UPC>
<iconList>
<icon>
<mimetype>image/jpeg</mimetype>
<width>48</width>
<height>48</height>
<depth>24</depth>
<url>/BCO_device_sm_icon.jpg</url>
</icon>
<icon>
<mimetype>image/jpeg</mimetype>
<width>120</width>
<height>120</height>
<depth>24</depth>
<url>/BCO_device_lrg_icon.jpg</url>
</icon>
<icon>
<mimetype>image/png</mimetype>
<width>48</width>
<height>48</height>
<depth>24</depth>
<url>/BCO_device_sm_icon.png</url>
</icon>
<icon>
<mimetype>image/png</mimetype>
<width>120</width>
<height>120</height>
<depth>24</depth>
<url>/BCO_device_lrg_icon.png</url>
</icon>
</iconList>
<serviceList>
<service>
<serviceType>urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:RenderingControl:1</serviceType>
<serviceId>urn:upnp-org:serviceId:RenderingControl</serviceId>
<SCPDURL>/RenderingControl/desc.xml</SCPDURL>
<controlURL>/RenderingControl/ctrl</controlURL>
<eventSubURL>/RenderingControl/evt</eventSubURL>
</service>
<service>
<serviceType>urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:ConnectionManager:1</serviceType>
<serviceId>urn:upnp-org:serviceId:ConnectionManager</serviceId>
<SCPDURL>/ConnectionManager/desc.xml</SCPDURL>
<controlURL>/ConnectionManager/ctrl</controlURL>
<eventSubURL>/ConnectionManager/evt</eventSubURL>
</service>
<service>
<serviceType>urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:AVTransport:1</serviceType>
<serviceId>urn:upnp-org:serviceId:AVTransport</serviceId>
<SCPDURL>/AVTransport/desc.xml</SCPDURL>
<controlURL>/AVTransport/ctrl</controlURL>
<eventSubURL>/AVTransport/evt</eventSubURL>
</service>
</serviceList>
<presentationURL>http://192.168.4.140/</presentationURL>
</device>
</root>

However, BubbleUPnP can cast the Music to the Yamaha, so I use it to have a friendly graphic interface in a mobile.

The Yamaha has just a single text line, so it is quite a challenge to navigate through albums or artists or playlists to the desired one.

@rbjtech I lower the interval to just 30 seconds just to try and I do not see much a difference... I was several minutes waiting for the search to stop and launch it again until Emby appeared as Media server...

Regards.

rbjtech

You may have to tweek the DLNA 'profile' that the Yamaha is using - or better still create one in the DLNA Plugin.  Start with just MP3 and build it from there.

Does emby pickup other DLNA devices on your network quickly ?  

You can also turn on enhanced logging in the DLNA plugin - this should give you more info on what is going on.  I'd recommend cycling the log before you look though (in 'Schedule', they can be very large with 1000's of lines.

Also have you upgraded to the latest firmware on the Yamaha ?  You may be lucky and this fixes the discovery problem.

rbjtech
2 hours ago, Luke said:

The profile will not impact how long it takes to be detected.

Sure - I'm curious why the Yamaha cannot play the audio files directly - why does the OP need to use this other app when the Emby Android app should be able to cast to the Yamaha directly itself ..

Hi.

Emby picks:

BubbleUPnP (CTL-29) - DLNA
Huawei P20 Pro - Emby for Android
Huawei P20 Pro - Emby for Android Mobile

I am not sure why my mobile appears twice. I have just got one :) with Emby app installed.

Sometimes, my Sony Android TV appears, as well. But, the Yamaha AVR never appears in the list.

However, BubbleUPnP picks the Yamaha AVR inmmediately, but needs some minutes to discover Emby...

The Yamaha can find Emby inmmediately too, but it's very difficult to use it through its one-line-text screen.

rbjtech
16 hours ago, dml33 said:

Hi.

Emby picks:

BubbleUPnP (CTL-29) - DLNA
Huawei P20 Pro - Emby for Android
Huawei P20 Pro - Emby for Android Mobile

I am not sure why my mobile appears twice. I have just got one :) with Emby app installed.

Sometimes, my Sony Android TV appears, as well. But, the Yamaha AVR never appears in the list.

However, BubbleUPnP picks the Yamaha AVR inmmediately, but needs some minutes to discover Emby...

The Yamaha can find Emby inmmediately too, but it's very difficult to use it through its one-line-text screen.

Exactly - and this is the actual issue here - Emby is not showing / discovering your Yamaha - there should be no reason to use BubbleUPnP at all - you should be able to drive it all from the emby app directly.

As an example, I have a Denon AV, On the Emby App on my Android phone, it shows that in my list of items that I can 'Play To' - and it works just fine.  It even turns the AV on if it is off and starts playing the music. 

Are all the devices on the same wireless 'network' ?  From the looks of it - the Yamaha is Ethernet only correct ?  Is the Emby server itself wired or wireless ?

There 'may' be some filter between the wireless and wired networks to avoid network broadcast traffic and it is this which is causing it to not be 'discovered' but I'm not sure why the BubbleUPnP is picking it up and emby isn't ...

Hi. 

The Yahama AVR has only an ethernet connection. The Emby Server is also wired and within the same network. 

If Emby saw the Yamaha AVR, I would use it, rather than involving a third application such as BubbleUPnP. But, it is quite interesting that I cannot find the right combination, where everyone sees everyone in an usable and friendly way (The Yamaha AVR sees Emby Server, but it has an awful interface of a single text line). 

I wonder why Emby does not like the Yamaha to play onto... 

Thanks. 

rbjtech

I would ask a Moderator @CBers to move this into the DLNA Emby section - you may get a better response there as unfortunately I do not use DLNA myself and have only touched on what 'should' be happening..

However, I did a quick search for you - and looking at the old thread below, it appears they successfully created a 'Yamaha' profile - which I think is what you need to do as it's not getting recognised using the 'Default' one.

It may be as simply as copying the 'Yamaha' XML into the ..programdata/config/dlna/user folder... 🤪

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/7796-calling-up-profiles-with-the-dlna-server/&/topic/7796-calling-up-profiles-with-the-dlna-server/?p=104973

Edited by rbjtech

There's two ways bubble can discover Emby server, via upnp search requests, and via the server sending out periodic broadcasts.

It sounds like the upnp search requests are not working and it's not getting discovered until the next periodic alive broadcast.

Thank you both. Yes, it would be better to move this to DNLA sub-forum. Sorry, I didn't see it.

@rbjtech, I tried what is suggested in that post and another similar one, but it did not work, anyway.

I think the main problem is for Emby to discover the Yamaha AVR. If this were working, I would give up BubbleUPnP.

I asked for help here. I pasted logs.

Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Luke said:

This should be much better with Emby Server 4.6. Thanks.

Yes! It works normally with 4.6.0.26. It takes some seconds for Emby to appear in BubbleUPnP :)

I have seen that 4.6.0.28 is just published. I'll try it in a couple of days. 

Thanks a lot, @Luke 

dml33

Hi. 

Sorry for the delay. 

I have just installed beta 4.6.0.30 and everything is great. My Yamaha RX-V475 appears in the Play On list and Emby appears in BubbleUPnP at a glance. 🥳🥳

Thanks for making Emby much better!