What determines order of items in Latest TV Shows?

MBSki

MBSki

I'm not understanding how the Latest TV shows are getting sorted. I just added WandaVision a minute ago, but it's the 4th item on the list. Why isn't it the first item on the list? It's not alphabetical, it's not by release date, it's not by show date, what is it? It should be putting the last item added at the front of the list, but it isn't ordering that way.

image.thumb.png.20c9e1ab844efc931504d902b2996c15.png

GrimReaper
3 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

I'm not understanding how the Latest TV shows are getting sorted. I just added WandaVision a minute ago, but it's the 4th item on the list. Why isn't it the first item on the list? It's not alphabetical, it's not by release date, it's not by show date, what is it? It should be putting the last item added at the front of the list, but it isn't ordering that way.

image.thumb.png.20c9e1ab844efc931504d902b2996c15.png

Is your Library set for Date scanned into the library or File creation date for new content? 

Happy2Play

It is last episode date added.  So look at the dated added for the last episode in the series.

MBSki
9 minutes ago, GrimReaper76 said:

Is your Library set for Date scanned into the library or File creation date for new content? 

I swear I saw this setting, but I can't find it now. Where is it?

4 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

It is last episode date added.  So look at the dated added for the last episode in the series.

I don't think it's working correctly then, because when I sort by "Last episode date added" in the library, WandaVision is first in the list.

image.thumb.png.f048bb88a510019cdeee842729873bdb.png 

Happy2Play

I have raised issue on these never matching as there is a difference in the query somewhere.  Come to think of it I am pretty sure it has to do with Virtual episodes.  As in my case for series that have unwatched episodes and a episode airing today is sorted first via Library.  If you removed the unplayed filter you would see this defect also of virtual unaired episodes changing the display order.

Library has virtual and Lastest row does not from my guessing.

Edited by Happy2Play

MBSki
10 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

I have raised issue on these never matching as there is a difference in the query somewhere.  Come to think of it I am pretty sure it has to do with Virtual episodes.  As in my case for series that have unwatched episodes and a episode airing today is sorted first via Library.  If you removed the unplayed filter you would see this defect also of virtual unaired episodes changing the display order.

Library has virtual and Lastest row does not from my guessing.

Ok, thanks. 

@Luke Do you have this bug tracked internally?

GrimReaper
30 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

I swear I saw this setting, but I can't find it now. Where is it?

Dashboard>Library, Advanced tab. 

• Thanks 1

Happy2Play

But as you can see everything in square is future and line point to Latest.

sort.thumb.jpg.4dfd7174ca203207743a91ea77628cf3.jpg

Happy2Play

And technically that is not correct as you have to go back further as future episodes of Zoey put it there.

Look at Mayans and Manifest. Future air dates.

future.thumb.jpg.0ae1d128b0dcd8df374e6c1e103cdb22.jpg

MBSki
17 minutes ago, ebr said:

Oh my.... I can hear Luke cursing his screen from here... ;) 

That might be an inside joke. Why? Cause this was fixed before and it came back?

4 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

That might be an inside joke. Why? Cause this was fixed before and it came back?

Sorry, yes, an inside "joke".  This one feature (missing/virtual episodes) complicates our system beyond what you could possibly imagine.  Its one of those situations where an "option" looks so simple but, internally, creates extreme havoc due to the complexity it introduces into almost everything.  We've been fighting with these complexities for years but this is an important - and unique to us - feature that we really don't want to remove (the missing/future episodes).  Doing so, however, would have probably saved a lot of gray hairs...

MBSki
15 minutes ago, ebr said:

Sorry, yes, an inside "joke".  This one feature (missing/virtual episodes) complicates our system beyond what you could possibly imagine.  Its one of those situations where an "option" looks so simple but, internally, creates extreme havoc due to the complexity it introduces into almost everything.  We've been fighting with these complexities for years but this is an important - and unique to us - feature that we really don't want to remove (the missing/future episodes).  Doing so, however, would have probably saved a lot of gray hairs...

Ah, ok, now I get it. 😅 And, yes, keeping missing/future episodes is HUGE. I use it all the time. Extremely useful feature IMO.

• 4 months later...