Can I copy a windows server configuration to nVidia Shield Server?

MBSki

MBSki

I'm setting up an nVidia Shield as a backup and possibly test server. Is there any way to copy my current Windows configuration, settings, etc to the new server on the Shield? I know the library paths won't map, but that's something I can change after. I'd like everything else to move over though especially the users.

Happy2Play

You could just store users and userdata on the new installation, as you will have to redo libraries.

If you have playlists you will have to remap everything in the playlist.xml's.  Pretty much any area the you manually assigned a path to also.  I would take some time and look through most of the files in a backup.  

But overall you should not have any real issues.

• Thanks 1

MBSki
21 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

You could just store users and userdata on the new installation, as you will have to redo libraries.

If you have playlists you will have to remap everything in the playlist.xml's.  Pretty much any area the you manually assigned a path to also.  I would take some time and look through most of the files in a backup.  

But overall you should not have any real issues.

Ugh, ok. So am I better off just redoing everything?

Happy2Play
Just now, mbarylski said:

Ugh, ok. So am I better off just redoing everything?

Really depends on your setup but crossing platforms I would.  But if you have a default setup, you shouldn't have any issues besides libraries.

MBSki
2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Really depends on your setup but crossing platforms I would.  But if you have a default setup, you shouldn't have any issues besides libraries.

Sounds good, thanks!