CoverArt Query

GrimReaper

GrimReaper

WAF alert, again. 🤦‍♂️

Would it be possible for plugin to display multiple subtitle icons on covers? 

All of my media has accompanied subtitles in several languages: English by default (for own use), Croatian (local - for Queen's usage), Bosnian (if no Croatian or auto-downloaded), Serbian (if no Croatian or auto-downloaded). Since Croatian (Hrvatski, .hr) is actually alphabetically behind English - and what I've surmised, first srt (if present or subrip if not), is the one displayed on covers, all my libraries have abt. 95% English icons, so SHE still has to actually enter each item and click-click-click to check whether local subtitles are present or not. You can imagine that I'm not hearing the end of it. 🙄

What would possibly spare me a lot of grief is CoverArt to display icons for at least first 2-3 subtitles? Crude mock-ups attached to get a better idea. 

Thanks in advance. 

Cheers

Poster 1.png

Poster 2.png

Possibly, but these could quickly overwhelm the cover I would think.  A lot of ripped media has tons of subs in it and not in any particular order.

@roaku any interest in attacking this in your plug-in?

BillOatman
44 minutes ago, ebr said:

Possibly, but these could quickly overwhelm the cover I would think.  A lot of ripped media has tons of subs in it and not in any particular order.

Maybe show the first 5 or so and a "..." to indicate there are more.

• Like 1

GrimReaper
46 minutes ago, ebr said:

2 minutes ago, BillOatman said:

Maybe show the first 5 or so and a "..." to indicate there are more.

Yeah, some kind of limiter is necessary, hence (in my case) stated "... at least first 2-3 subtitles...". 

I reckon 4-5 (plus dots if extra), like @BillOatman said, sounds like a fair number. 

53 minutes ago, ebr said:

@roaku any interest in attacking this in your plug-in?

In terms of Iconic, I think the user creating a MediaStream Rule for each subtitle language could already accommodate this.

The catch is that a different icon from the predefined set would need to be associated with each rule to signify the different languages.

I'll think about either adding a specialized Subtitle Rule that could identify subtitles and their language and then add a badge+user config-ed icon+lang abbrv or a more generalized Rule option to add some user defined characters on top of a badge when a Rule matches, but opening this door likely has several cans of worms behind it.

• Like 1

GrimReaper
1 hour ago, roaku said:

I'll think about either adding a specialized Subtitle Rule that could identify subtitles and their language and then add a badge+user config-ed icon+lang abbrv

That sounds great, mate. 👍

GrimReaper
On 2/8/2021 at 6:45 PM, roaku said:

In terms of Iconic, I think the user creating a MediaStream Rule for each subtitle language could already accommodate this.

The catch is that a different icon from the predefined set would need to be associated with each rule to signify the different languages.

I'll think about either adding a specialized Subtitle Rule that could identify subtitles and their language and then add a badge+user config-ed icon+lang abbrv or a more generalized Rule option to add some user defined characters on top of a badge when a Rule matches, but opening this door likely has several cans of worms behind it.

This actually already works, with Codec:srt/subrip/pgsub and DisplayTitle:Croatian/Bosnian/Serbian, just tested it, works like a charm, all my movies with localized subtitles have been properly iconized. 😯 Lots of rules but quite fast to setup, in fact. 

The only thing missing, as you said, is the ability to differentiate between languages, I guess just adding number of national flag icons to your existing icon set would be the most streamlined way and least effort to make this function complete (once it has the ability to display different icons for multiple rules on same item). 

Edit: Type:subtitle/DisplayTitle:*language or first three letters* also works, number of Rules down to 3 from initial 9.

Edited by GrimReaper76
Further testing
  • Like 1

GrimReaper

Another query:

Is it possible for the episode Media Info overlays to be propagated to Series thumbs in Continue Watching/Next Up rows? 

Thanks. 

1 minute ago, GrimReaper76 said:

Another query:

Is it possible for the episode Media Info overlays to be propagated to Series thumbs in Continue Watching/Next Up rows? 

Thanks. 

Sorry, no.  A series does not have any media info.

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, ebr said:

Sorry, no.  A series does not have any media info.

I understand, hence the propagation idea. Since Emby shows Series thumb instead of Episode thumb (which I do prefer, hopefully that will never change), and the link is obviously there, why not just superimpose that same particular episode Media Info onto Series thumb? 

21 minutes ago, GrimReaper76 said:

I understand, hence the propagation idea. Since Emby shows Series thumb instead of Episode thumb (which I do prefer, hopefully that will never change), and the link is obviously there, why not just superimpose that same particular episode Media Info onto Series thumb? 

Because that image is used for the series.  CoverArt only runs once at image ingestion time.  It is not run every time an image is requested.  That would slow things down way too much.

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, ebr said:

Because that image is used for the series.  CoverArt only runs once at image ingestion time.  It is not run every time an image is requested.  That would slow things down way too much.

Thanks for the explanation, that would mean that the same image would show in any tab in Library view with Thumbs instead of Posters, which surely makes no sense. I actually thought that it's just image-swapping each time requested. 

Cheers