Tesla Infotainment

francoisp

francoisp

As part of our Tesla Infotainment system, we have a choice of various streaming providers like Spotify Premium. Tesla indicated that more are coming like Amazon Music and Apple Music.

Currently it is possible to stream from our emby home server using the Tesla browser however the car must be in park. 

My feature request is that emby works with Tesla to create a fully integrated solution. A one-time purchase for the emby Tesla streaming solution would be attractive to me.

Edited by francoisp

Hi.  We'd love that but it is a pretty closed system right now.  I think (hope) they will eventually have some sort of "app store" but the most likely and quickest path to our integration will probably be when they support CarPlay and/or Android Auto.  That is much more likely to happen faster I would think.

We'll definitely have it on our radar though.

francoisp

The problem with CarPlay and Android Auto is that the data connection is provided by the mobile device. With Tesla's integration, data is provided by the car as part of my yearly subscription.

• 2 years later...
jefferyk21
On 2/7/2021 at 7:46 PM, francoisp said:

As part of our Tesla Infotainment system, we have a choice of various streaming providers like Spotify Premium. Tesla indicated that more are coming like Amazon Music and Apple Music.

Currently it is possible to stream from our emby home server using the Tesla browser however the car must be in park. 

My feature request is that emby works with Tesla to create a fully integrated solution. A one-time purchase for the emby Tesla streaming solution would be attractive to me.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feature request regarding the Tesla Infotainment system. It's exciting to hear that Tesla has already incorporated streaming providers like Spotify Premium and has plans to add more, such as Amazon Music and Apple Music.

I understand that you're currently able to stream from your Emby home server using the Tesla browser, but the limitation of the car needing to be in park can be a bit inconvenient. You're suggesting a fully integrated solution between Emby and Tesla, which would allow for seamless streaming in the car.

I can see why this would be an attractive option for you, as it would enhance your overall entertainment experience during your drives. Integrating Emby with Tesla's Infotainment system would provide a convenient way to access your media library without the restriction of being in park.

• 3 months later...

Having just purchased a Tesla (Model Y), it would be awesome to get an Emby app into the Tesla "store".

I have used the browser to open Emby, but don't get any audio.

I have used the https://abettertheater.com/ mehtod, but still no audio.

Anyone else have a solution that works please?

I assume the audio issues could be the type, as I doubt everything is supported, but I would hope that Emby still detects the capabilities and transcodes accordingly.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, CBers said:

Having just purchased a Tesla (Model Y), it would be awesome to get an Emby app into the Tesla "store".

I have used the browser to open Emby, but don't get any audio.

I have used the https://abettertheater.com/ mehtod, but still no audio.

Anyone else have a solution that works please?

I assume the audio issues could be the type, as I doubt everything is supported, but I would hope that Emby still detects the capabilities and transcodes accordingly.

I've tested the web app in the tesla browser before and it has worked well.

• Like 1

francoisp
1 hour ago, Luke said:

I've tested the web app in the tesla browser before and it has worked well.

But not while driving. Tesla cuts off the sound.

8 minutes ago, CBers said:

Got it working via the abettertheater website. 

Thanks. 

Cool. I really haven't looked at the specifics of what they're doing technically. I'll try it out when I can.

On 23/09/2023 at 09:31, Luke said:

Cool. I really haven't looked at the specifics of what they're doing technically. I'll try it out when I can.

Do you have a Tesla Luke? 

Edited by CBers

adrianwi

I use the Youtube app and have created a very short private clip with a link to my emby server in the comments.  It's a few more clicks than a native app, but it works perfectly and is a great way to kill some time if stuck in the car for any length of time

IMG_6371.jpeg

Edited by adrianwi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1