Can I limit transcoding FPS?

Vitz

On 13/03/2021 at 19:00, Luke said:

@Vitz please let us know if this helps. thanks.

Unfortunately, no. Manually deleting the ffmpeg pkg and reinstalling emby-server only resulted Emby complaining about there not being any compatible streams whenever I tried playing a video. I tried installing the beta, which gave me the same problem. Finally, I did pkg delete -a and this just nuked the jail. Even snapshots can't bring it back now so I guess I'll have to start from scratch and hopefully import the database to a new jail.

Edit: I managed to revive the jail from a snapshot made earlier this week, but I'm not going to mess with it again. I guess I'll just have to live with it and hope this gets fixed at some point through an update from the community plugin. I might mess about with a new jail entirely and see if I can clone the existing database there but I'm not touching the current jail again.

Edited by Vitz

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2021 at 12:07 PM, Vitz said:

Unfortunately, no. Manually deleting the ffmpeg pkg and reinstalling emby-server only resulted Emby complaining about there not being any compatible streams whenever I tried playing a video. I tried installing the beta, which gave me the same problem. Finally, I did pkg delete -a and this just nuked the jail. Even snapshots can't bring it back now so I guess I'll have to start from scratch and hopefully import the database to a new jail.

Edit: I managed to revive the jail from a snapshot made earlier this week, but I'm not going to mess with it again. I guess I'll just have to live with it and hope this gets fixed at some point through an update from the community plugin. I might mess about with a new jail entirely and see if I can clone the existing database there but I'm not touching the current jail again.

@Vitz when you say re0installing emby server, how were you trying to do that? Were you using one of our supported install methods for FreeBSD/FreeNAS ?

https://emby.media/download

• 1 month later...
On 01/04/2021 at 08:23, Luke said:

@Vitz when you say re0installing emby server, how were you trying to do that? Were you using one of our supported install methods for FreeBSD/FreeNAS ?

https://emby.media/download

Apologies for the radio silence. Yes, I tried the FreeBSD install methods described on the page you linked to.

At this point I don't require further help as I will be switching to a Proxmox setup and will no longer be running Emby through the FreeNAS plugin. I'll be happy to answer any remaining questions you may have, though.