XBMB3C with media browser classic home menu screen

Danny1966

Danny1966

Hi all,

I switched over from MB classic, to XBMC3C after many years of happy use. Mainly to get rid of windows media center and have a stand alone.

I love the options in XBMC when playing a file like subtitle search and the smooth operation without need for codec fiddling.

I do not like the main menu setup, i tried the various skins for XBMB3C to get to something simple.

Ii have all my media on separate HDD's, movies, tv shows completed, tv shows ongoing, scifi series, music etc etc. I add regularly to these HDD's but do not watch immediately.

In MB classic i just had the main menu choices representing my HDD's content folders and above the last added items unwatched and if more episodes of one series they were nicely grouped. This made it very easy to select a show of movie i did not watch yet.

Is this possible in XBMB3C, i get lost with all the screens and options i never use and need a skin that can be customized MB classic menu style..

Is there a skin that takes care of this for those who prefer the MB classic main menu setup. If someone can point me in the right direction it would be appreaciated.

Many thanks.

Regards,

Danny

im85288

Having never use MBC I have no idea what look your striving for. If none of the skins we have made xbmb3c compatible suit your needs you could always look through these: http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=160 or these: http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=67 and if you find one you like you can look into making it compatible with the xbmb3c addon so that others may benefit from it.

Cheers.

xnappo

Aeon Nox and Aeon MQ5 are both easy to modify to be more MBC-like. In Nox for example hit down on the settings menu and go to Edit Menu. From there you can turn things off, and make new menus and sub menus pointing to any 'Video Node' inside XBMB3C. It is quite powerful, but takes a bit of exploring. When I get back in town I can make a video.

You can also add widgets to recently added/nextup and specify rotating background art from there.

xnappo

Edited by xnappo