No option to save thumbnail into media folder

Damien_
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Damien_

While researching this topic, I noticed that in a windows post you have the option to save 1) save artwork into the media folders and 2) a separate option to also save thumbnail into media folders.

In Mac, there is no option to save thumbnails into media folders. Does that mean when you choose to 'save artwork into media folders" and  it also includes thumbnails? 

And if you don't choose the one option, where is the artwork and thumbnails stored? 

Thanks much

------

windows :

windows.JPG

Mac:

mac.png

Edited by meatball

Damien_
17 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, it's there, but only when using the interval method rather than the chapter method.

Ah, thanks for that. 

Question- if you dont choose to store the thumbnail in the media folders, is it stored in the metadata folder?

• Solution
9 minutes ago, meatball said:

Ah, thanks for that. 

Question- if you dont choose to store the thumbnail in the media folders, is it stored in the metadata folder?

Correct.

• 10 months later...
Damien_

Follow up question to same topic, if I choose a separate drive for metadata, however I have chosen in my libraries to store artwork in their relevant media folders' does that mean artwork will be store in the media folders but all other metadata (like thumbnails) will be stored in the metadata path? Thanks much

818287971_ScreenShot2022-01-02at5_49_07PM.jpg.009ecc1c72f0a28f4217dc7b9e122fd7.jpg

20 hours ago, meatball said:

Follow up question to same topic, if I choose a separate drive for metadata, however I have chosen in my libraries to store artwork in their relevant media folders' does that mean artwork will be store in the media folders but all other metadata (like thumbnails) will be stored in the metadata path? Thanks much

818287971_ScreenShot2022-01-02at5_49_07PM.jpg.009ecc1c72f0a28f4217dc7b9e122fd7.jpg

Yes other things will go to the metadata folder.