Emby nutzt nfo Datei nicht

speedy78

I haven't seen anything shown to be wrong.  Emby works correct as designed for each of the things mentioned.

If using an ID it is used. If you setup Emby to store watched data for a user it will get saved with NFO files (just in case).
Of course watched status is saved FOREVER and not just with the media.  This is by design of course.

Emby even has 3rd party addons to hook other sites to tracked watched status so you can see a brand new movie in IMAX at your theater, go to Trakt and mark it as being watched.  Then later when you purchase and rip the movie and add it to your media server it will pull the info from Trakt and mark your new movie watched (correctly).

We can certainly go over anything that wrongs using actual examples of course.

speedy78

Not it isn´t - look at my log or the line I copyied many times now. In my case its searching by Name not by ID for this movie. I have a NFO with all the IDs. Its from last installation, created by Emby, never ever changed by me.

Watched data isn´t saved in NFO file.

Happy2Play
13 minutes ago, speedy78 said:

Watched data isn´t saved in NFO file.

Sorry I don't follow as  <watched>true</watched> is written.  But at the same time it is that way for Kodi not Emby.  Emby writes lots of stuff that is only there for Kodi and Emby will never use it.  As that written watched status would apply to who in a multi user environment?

Edited by Happy2Play

speedy78

I am talking about the exact time, for example stopped watching at 1 hour 2 min, not If I ever watched the movie completed.

Change this position and compare your NFO with beyond compare etc. - nothing changes. This data is not saved in NFO, its in "databases", thats all period, a conclusion.
This infos have to be deleted, if I delete a movie - everything else blows up the database with useless stuff, that could possible causes errors. There are people throwing away or selling movies, too. If I rename false named movies, add production year etc, all this shit would be perhaps causes "duplicate" entries in database if nothing is deleted.

Edited by speedy78

I'm sorry I don't follow this.  If you stopped watching at 1 hour 2 mins it's not watched so nothing should change.  When you FINISH watch the movie it will get marked watched and updated in the NFO IF AND ONLY IF you have configured Emby to do that for THAT SPECIFIC USER.

What do you mean "blow up" when you delete a movie?  Nothing blows up or gets added but info is removed other that watched status.  Watch status is not dependant on you having the movie active.  If you watched Top Gun and then deleted it but later added it back 2 years later it's still watched.

If you have a 480, 720, 1080, 3D and 4K version of Top Gun along with a director commentary or anniversary edition it's still just "Top Gun" to Emby.  Emby does NOT CARE what version you watched or even if you had marked it 10 years earlier on Trakt from seeing it in a theater.  Top Gun (all versions) have been watched.  It doesn't track specific media but just and ID.

Understanding how this works is important.  It's NOT BROKEN as it works as designed and asked for by users.

speedy78

Thats why I talked about watch status, point I stopped watching movie.
If I delete a movie, all relating things has to be deleted (if not everybody, then a yes / no option in settings is needed).

After I deleted the movie and added it again, everything relating "watch stop point" was back again - so it wasn´t deleted.
This will possible happen on many other cases, like I described the last postings in this thread - for example just renamed it after a while to add production date.
Possible there a multiple versions of all this data, because I changed the movie name several times, typo error, missing year etc.

I have no access to the "database" or tried to look for all this useless data, emby don´t delete.

Do you keep your garbage can, because you possible want to restore the bluray etc. you throw away back in 2 years ?
How often will your usecase happens ? Only for some testing.
How many times you delete a windows file, emptied the Recycle Bin and wanted it again ?
I want a clean, small, compact database and not a lot of trash inside, because something could be, but 99% wouldn´t ever be.
The database is always getting bigger and bigger, blows up...

Such things explain, why embys behavior is different after once it was installed compared to a real fresh clean reinstallation on a new drive.
There is always a lot of trash inside, deinstall / reinstall emby is never a real clean install.

As has been said watched status is NOT TIED TO YOUR MEDIA.  It's not suppose to be.

In real life once you watch a movie you can't unwatch it. It's watched for a lifetime.  Doesn't matter how you saw Star Wars or Jaws, but once you saw it then it's watched.  Emby follows that thought pattern but does at least allow you to manually unwatch something.

All versions past, present or future of a show are the same thing so if you watch Star Wars on your tablet in SD it's watched and doesn't matter you have a new 100" 4K HDR TV and new media, it's still watched. How or when you watched doesn't matter, just that you did.  It's for a lifetime.

It will not be deleted when you delete media BY DESIGN.

If you setup a new system or wipe your library.db and don't do a watch RESTORE then everything watched will be fresh UNLESS of course you sync to one of the watch tracking services then you'll get your old watch status back.

speedy78

I read that, but thats your point of view - not mine. And if its 100 times by design, I don´t have to like it.
In real life, if I delete a film, I don´t liked it / selled it / throwed it away - it has a reason.

Why should I be interested in old data in the database, relating to a film I don´t have any more ?
Why I should save data, thats never ever displayed on GUI again ? There is no list with all of my movies I watched the last 100 years to get a boner. Its unnecessary useless data and thats only ONE EXAMPLE for blowing up the database. This shows me why after installation on the new system, emby files takes a lot less space than my old installation, running 2-3 years.

If buy a house and rent it, Its only importent, who is the current resident.
I don´t have to know the last one over 100 years back.

Do you have a list of every little item you bought once, throwed away, bought a new piece in your household ?

Every ordinary database cleans itself up, if I delete something, its deleted and not saved for 100 years, because I could get something, someone, somewhere back perhaps in 10 years.
I pretty really sure now, emby mess up the database with a lot of more data, not only "watching time" - I am not surprised now, why its often unimpossible to provoke some errors several times and like I told a reinstall changes nothing. I would have to fully wipe my nas, to get back a clean fresh emby installation to get a 100% comparable testing situation.

Well it's not my "point of view", it's how Emby works. :)  You are correct you don't have to like it,and that is purely your perspective and opinion and YOURS.

I still don't get your "blowing up the database" thing you keep mentioned but it takes very little space to record a UserId and MetaData ID.  You could store a million of these with little affect on your database size.  If you really don't like this you could run a script from time to time to remove any of these watched status records for media that no longer exist.

You house examples aren't related at all and it's surely not factual anyway.  Previous owners matter a lot in many states as you have to disclose lot of information about previous owners, who's died in the house, etc What work has been done EVER for things like foundation repair, termite treatment, etc.

Again Emby does clean up information it deems not important when you remove media but USERS HAVE REQUIRED WATCH STATUS BE SAVED. Unlike you, this is something most users want.  Just check out all the threads where users ask how to get this info back after a rebuild or threads on how to save this info out to 3rd parties.  Everybody uses Emby differently.

The main point is that if you remove the media you really SHOULD NOT CARE if watched status is still there or not as it won't bother you in the least unless you later add the media back again.  It may then bother you but it likely benefits your other users who would prefer to know if they have seen a movie or episode before.  My users would have a cow if I lost their watched status.

speedy78

I don´t know, why its so difficult for you to understand my point of view.
And again, watch status was only an EXAMPLE for obviously many mess up.
Otherwise my problem in this thread, would happen again and again and again each time I delete / move the movie and rescan library - not only once after a fresh installation on a clean system !
Take a another example, if you don´t like that. If a company would work like Emby, their database are 100 times bigger !

In the database or whatever has only all that to store, that I am own, my media collection right now, not a week, a month, a year ago.
All old shit, should be deleted automatically. Just as simple it could be !
Then it makes sense doing something like tests - everything else is wasting time ...

I don´t care some other users wanted, for many things are settings - but there is no setting you mess up my system with old irrelevant things. Its full of old things, I don´t need for my current movie collection and thats the only relevant thing - I only need to save data for my CURRENT collection - not any old state.

Happy2Play

Watch/Resume data applies to a users not the media.  It is recorded by global ids (IMDB, TMDB, TVDB ids) in the userdata table.  There is not way to clear the userdata table for that item as no one has ever requested that as they want the data.

Sure you can make a Feature request for when you delete media the userdata is purged also, but I am sure it would be a low priority and get lots of negative feedback.  

• Like 1