Issues with metadata Manager

aspdend

aspdend

So I added a new series to the server for my two young sons to watch. When logged in on their profiles, the saeries is not displayed - that's because their profiles restrict content based on the rating. great, that works. When I look at the series, I see the parental rating applied is KR-ALL. Being in the UK, anything other than GB-U or GB-PG is not allowed on their profiles. Again, good, all is working. however, when I go to amend the parental rating, I change the series rating to GB-U thinking this will cascade from the highest level down through both seasons and all episodes. Nope. I then have to go to each season and change that perental rating and then each and every single episode. Even using the metadata manager this is panful as Ican't select multiple items...

Please tell me I did something wrong and should have done X instead to change all values simultaneously...

Tl/DR - changing the parental rating of a TV series doesn't cascade to all items below it and using the metadata manager is painful without allowing multiple selections.

It will cascade if the seasons and episodes don't have their own rating. If they do have a rating set, then you might want to remove that so that they can inherit from the series.

• Like 1

aspdend
15 hours ago, Luke said:

It will cascade if the seasons and episodes don't have their own rating. If they do have a rating set, then you might want to remove that so that they can inherit from the series.

That's what I thought it should do, however on each episode the parental rating is blank and it does not inheret the rating...the series was rated at KR-ALL and there were no other ratings for anything. nothing would appear as being visible on my son's profile until I manually added a rating - thinking about it, I probaly have the don't show if no rating is provided option checked just in case, however, should it not show everything if it does cascade down to episode level?

It does inherit internally for parental control restrictions, you just don't currently get to see the inherited rating.

aspdend
23 hours ago, Luke said:

It does inherit internally for parental control restrictions, you just don't currently get to see the inherited rating.

But when I changed the series rating from KR-ALL to GB-U then the only item that showed up was the series folder with no seasons or episodes under it, even after a scan. So I changed the blank rating of Season 1 to GB-U and then that was visible, but no episodes under the season. Again, another scan but still no episodes. I picked a random episode under season 1, changed that blank rating to GB-U and that then was visible....I had to manually change the series, both seasons and every episode before they were visible under the parental rating controls...

I just tested and it all seems to be working OK from here. I would suggest going through each season and episode with the metadata editor and ensuring it does not have it's own parental rating set. I would check both the rating and custom rating fields.