Sharing "Deep Link" to Specific Content

sundevil67

sundevil67

It seems like a question that would have been asked several times before, but forgive me I've not been able to find anything related to the topic. I found some renewed hope it might be possible after rediscovering a setting titled something like "enable sharing on social media". Is there some way to generate a direct link to a photo, video clip, or any content in one of my libraries with someone outside of my network who may not have or need a user account. I find myself wanting to do this quite often, especially as my media library grows to include lots of old photos & home video that I'd like to share with some of the people featured in them. Thanks.

PenkethBoy

IIRC its not possible as that functionality would get Emby baned from app stores etc as against their terms of service.

even though they are your photos etc - the movie industry etc just looks at - you can share - so bad - even though its nothing to do with them - just reality

Emby isn't made to share with the general public. It is a private media server. You would want to host those items on Google Photos or Amazon Photos and have those links fed from those services.

Edited by speechles
  • Like 1