Chris2

Beardyname

@@Luke kk still fixed one error i got the first time running the server :) still can't use the network thing though :/

Is any other linux user able to add a samba share ? aka \\server-name\share

Edited by plumblum

Login screen looks weird:

http://imgur.com/4WeYKam

I don't know if I have an SMB problem exactly, but when I quickly tried \\Server IP\Share Name it didn't work so I figured the mounting method would be quicker than fighting with it. 

The next problem I have is that the library scan appears to freeze, but not quite at random. It seems to be related to thumbnail extraction via I-Frame failing, and then it seems there is no fall back. See log here: http://pastebin.com/SQEVeiw8 This has occurred 2-3 times, with the same error appearing before the program stalls. 

what do you mean stalls? sometimes image extraction can be slow. does it eventually recover?

As in I left it for a good 5-10 minutes and nothing further was being scanned into the library and the % indicator did not change. Maybe I was being impatient if that is normal. I've turned off the thumbnail extraction for now and it's now getting through the rest of the library. 

As in I left it for a good 5-10 minutes and nothing further was being scanned into the library and the % indicator did not change. Maybe I was being impatient if that is normal.

Is it normal for you to be impatient?  :D

Login screen looks weird:

http://imgur.com/4WeYKam

I don't know if I have an SMB problem exactly, but when I quickly tried \\Server IP\Share Name it didn't work so I figured the mounting method would be quicker than fighting with it. 

The next problem I have is that the library scan appears to freeze, but not quite at random. It seems to be related to thumbnail extraction via I-Frame failing, and then it seems there is no fall back. See log here: http://pastebin.com/SQEVeiw8 This has occurred 2-3 times, with the same error appearing before the program stalls. 

also the broken image we'll want to get to the bottom of, but the white text is just a bug in the current code.

Same problem with the library as before on my 13.10 system. 

http://pastebin.com/50k7f0U2

The problem with my 13.04 VM seems to be related to the HTTP server? As first it crashed without downloading ffmpeg, and when I copied ffmpeg across from my other install it crashes with this error: http://pastebin.com/zJwNjP97 Setup issue with the VM, ignore. 

Just going to keep editing this post as I work through things: 

Was able to start the application in my 13.04 VM. I sidestepped the SMB path problem by mounting the SMB share to a local folder and then pointing MB3 to the local folder. The system now seems to be working ok - It's currently at 31% of the way through scanning. Will report any issues I have after the scanning has finished. 

Edited by Begall

Ok, great. With the library scanned in (although it was refreshing it as I did this, as you'll see in the log), I tried to play some files from the library. Two things I noticed: No images were displayed on the browser screen as you can see in this screenshot. http://i.imgur.com/1KVeVfS.png This was true regardless of whether I selected 'Backdrop' or 'Portrait'. Images did display once a specific media file had been selected. 

Secondly when I tried to play any file, it gave me an 'Invalid Source' message and did not play. Both these events happened during this log:

http://pastebin.com/nBJ9ufGW

Beardyname

@@Begall, you have to make an symbolic link to : /usr/local/lib/libgdiplus.so from where ever your libgdiplus.so is installed :) mine was in /usr/lib

as i talked about here :

@@Luke yes, i now have images everywhere ^^

I made an symbolic link from /usr/local/libgdiplus.so to --> /usr/lib/

/usr/local/libgdiplus.so whas where it was trying to locate libgdiplus and /usr/lib/ is where it is located (for me atleast)

Also i should say that im running ubuntu 12.04 LTS.

the image issue is the gdi issue. you have to go back a couple pages for the fix, involving a sym link. and for testing video streaming, don't use IE. we have some known issues with it affecting certain kinds of files.

Guest scokar

RHEL6/CentOS 6 SQL issue isolated:

Further VM testing in RHEL6/CentOS6 shows my SQL issue is related to the version of the sqlite3 library: The natively installed version 3.6.x will not work (CentOS 6).   version 3.7.x DOES work (RHEL 7 beta).

installing sqlite 3.7.x on RHEl6/CentOS 6 appears to be unsupported.  i.e  its not in the EPEL repository and it may cause other issues

Thanks.

Ok, I've worked out why ffmpeg wouldn't start - the ProgramData-Server folder created when the app is run is owned by root. This means that even though I'm running the MB3 .exe with sudo, when it attempts to run the ffmpeg program outside of the working directory (e.g. sudo /home/ubuntutest/Downloads/ReleaseMono/ProgramData-Server/ffmpeg/ffmpeg20131221/ffmpeg, 'sudo ffmpeg' while in the ffmpeg20131221 folder works) it acts as if it the path does not exist. I chmod 777'd the directory and now video is working, the only problem is it takes 2-3 minutes to start, but I don't know if this is normal? 

no that's not, but that's much easier to troubleshoot then not playing at all. how about an audio file through the web interface?

I gave the server a restart and went through Chrome on another OS instance (used Firefox before) and now the video is starting pretty much instantly. Audio files are also working well. The only issue now is the interface randomly breaking in Chrome (and only Chrome), the pages suddenly start taking an age to load and when they do load the CSS is not properly applied so it's mostly just white pages with some text. I will play with it tomorrow evening and see if I can reproduce it and get a log to you. 

• Like 1

I gave the server a restart and went through Chrome on another OS instance (used Firefox before) and now the video is starting pretty much instantly. Audio files are also working well. The only issue now is the interface randomly breaking in Chrome (and only Chrome), the pages suddenly start taking an age to load and when they do load the CSS is not properly applied so it's mostly just white pages with some text. I will play with it tomorrow evening and see if I can reproduce it and get a log to you. 

What version of chrome?

Beardyname

The chrome thing happens for me aswell, latest version fresh install.

@@Luke Does the new version include something to diagnose the smb problem?

The chrome thing happens for me aswell, latest version fresh install. @@Luke Does the new version include something to diagnose the smb problem?

no but what version of chrome?

i saw the same thing on my opensuse vm and it was because the version of chrome was just too old.

Beardyname

@@Luke you might be right, i just assumed it was version 31.0.1650.63  Since it was a fresh install (school computer installed chrome yesterday) but since i cant re-produce the error today with a fresh install (different computer). Im gonna retract my previous statement ^^ will check version if it happens again.