Chris2

Beardyname

@@Luke yes, i now have images everywhere ^^

I made an symbolic link from /usr/local/libgdiplus.so to --> /usr/lib/

/usr/local/libgdiplus.so whas where it was trying to locate libgdiplus and /usr/lib/ is where it is located (for me atleast)

Also i should say that im running ubuntu 12.04 LTS.

remove the ADE plugin. It uses some techniques that may not be mono compatible. Try a different one. Stick to the basic ones, starting with the core plugins, like trailers. genre cleaner is another basic one.

Beardyname

Thanks. If you're going to go into small details such as that - well that's a very good sign that the server is working well under mono, but if you are then please make sure to see if it reproduces in windows so that we have an idea if it's a linux-specific issue.

Hahaha fair enough :) unfortunately i don't have a spare machine to fully test the server under windows, I'm gonna give the server a try later tonight on my main machine. (the server is headless, and I'm doing all the watching/editing from an windows machine)

ok, that's fine then. thanks for your help. when you resume testing tonight i'll have an updated build on dropbox

Beardyname

@@Luke I now have the new version up and running, cant tell if there is any difference streaming still works great until you switch on the subtitle :P

Images gets pulled nicely from the web as long as it can match up the show (works as intended in other words) time will tell if all the blank spots will get filled :)

What i noticed (and have not tested fully yet) is that i can't play videos via Media Browser Theater or Media Browser Classic

(On the previous versions i just navigated around in the player but never pressed play)

server log : http://pastebin.com/A84tHJck

Media Browser Theatre log : http://pastebin.com/QMMGumVA

@@Luke I now have the new version up and running, cant tell if there is any difference streaming still works great until you switch on the subtitle :P

Images gets pulled nicely from the web as long as it can match up the show (works as intended in other words) time will tell if all the blank spots will get filled :)

What i noticed (and have not tested fully yet) is that i can't play videos via Media Browser Theater or Media Browser Classic

(On the previous versions i just navigated around in the player but never pressed play)

server log : http://pastebin.com/A84tHJck

Media Browser Theatre log : http://pastebin.com/QMMGumVA

awesome, very exciting. the path you used to setup your media with the server - is the machine hosting MBT able to access these paths directly? if so, then it will try to play them over the file system. if not, then it will try and stream them through the server.

@ I would like to get a couple more testers. i think unubtu is going to be a very popular choice of distros. can you list out everything you did to get the server up and running ?THanks.

Beardyname

Oh now i feel like a complete retard.... as i have been using xbmc through smb for years and i make such a rookie misstake...

Gonna fix that and report back asap!

Beardyname

hmm I am unable to use the server ip for adress (that's how all my other machines access the server).

If i put in the correct path it tells me "The path does not exist" I'm gonna fiddle around with permissions and see if that is what is causing it.

Guest scokar

I'm having issues starting in a RHEL6/CentOS 6 environment, I think i'm missing something obvious :

"...

SQL logic error or missing database
Failed to initialize logging.

..."

I set up the monodevelop  environment from http://software.opensuse.org/download/package?project=home:tpokorra:mono&package=monodevelop-opt

rpm -qa | grep -i sql shows:

mysql-libs-5.1.71-1.el6.x86_64

sqlite-3.6.20-1.el6.x86_64

sqlite-3.6.20-1.el6.i686

Thanks.

appHost.Init
UnhandledException
One or more errors occured
System.AggregateException
  at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll (System.Threading.Tasks.Task[] tasks, Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll (System.Threading.Tasks.Task[] tasks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.MainClass.RunApplication (MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.ServerApplicationPaths appPaths, ILogManager logManager) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.MainClass.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
InnerException: System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException
SQL logic error or missing database
Failed to initialize logging.
  at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteLog.Initialize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection..ctor (System.String connectionString, Boolean parseViaFramework) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection..ctor (System.String connectionString) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection:.ctor (string)
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Persistence.SqliteExtensions+<ConnectToDb>c__async67.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
  at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter[System.Data.IDbConnection].GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Persistence.SqliteUserRepository+<Initialize>c__async8E.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.ApplicationHost+<GetUserRepository>c__async3.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter[MediaBrowser.Controller.Persistence.IUserRepository].GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.ApplicationHost+<RegisterResources>c__async1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable+ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.BaseApplicationHost`1+<Init>c__async0[MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.ServerApplicationPaths].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Beardyname

@@Luke sure its not that many steps, i should try to verify them somehow though.

Also i am not able to setup a share through dashboard, it keeps telling me that "The path does not exist" for \\192.168.x.x\xxx

i have verified with 2 computers that the stated share does exist and does not need any form of identification.

Not sure how i should continue from here.

Beardyname

It is the same machine so it "should" for kicks i tried to see if it could connect to my pc \\plumblum-pc\pi and no luck there either.

(And i can do \\plumblum-pc\pi from my laptop)

and you're remembering that it's case sensitive? i will probably have to add more information to that log message but as of now it's a framework method telling me your path doesn't exist.

Beardyname

trying a run --> sudo mono etcetc.

and yep, i only do lowercase on my network for this reason ^^

And it didn't work :/

Edited by plumblum

ok. i'll put up a build later so that we know exactly what path was passed into Directory.Exists, in the off chance it's not exactly what you typed

another test might be to try setting up a different share. also what about smb? does the server understand that?