Watch while recording?

Justus

Hey, 

I have a quick question before I set up Live TV. Is it possible to record something at 20:15 for example and start watching it at 20:45 while the recording is still running?

Spaceboy
20 minutes ago, Justus said:

Hey, 

I have a quick question before I set up Live TV. Is it possible to record something at 20:15 for example and start watching it at 20:45 while the recording is still running?

absolutely

The only limitation will be that you may not be able to seek forward/back (which will be client dependent)

Seeking while recording doesn't work on Samsung or LG clients (they are DirectPlaying).  I expect a client the streams with HLS while recording will support it though

3 hours ago, SamES said:

Seeking while recording doesn't work on Samsung or LG clients (they are DirectPlaying).  I expect a client the streams with HLS while recording will support it though

If they are like the other Android clients this is a setting you adjust to allow direct playing of TS files.  Have you turned this off in settings?

Disabled and you can then pause, rw, ff but it comes at a bit slower channel tune/startup

gillmacca01

Just look on my Samsung phone, and cannot find the setting. Is this only an option when you are playing a file?

9 minutes ago, cayars said:

Check Settings->Live TV Settings->Direct Play Live TV

turn that off and try it.

That setting is only in the Android TV app right now.

That was right from my phone.

Version 1.8.71g

Edited by cayars

• 2 months later...

Sorry I think I missed something earlier as @SamES is of course correct as this wasn't android mobile or ATV being discussed. LG & Samsung TV is different as he pointed out.
Sorry for any misinformation or confusion on this.