Plugin - Iconic Image Enhancer

roaku

arrbee99

btw if your looking at the colour selector and press escape it just closes the colour selector, but if you click on one of the icons in the rules at the bottom (to maybe change it) and press escape it goes out of the plugin completely and back to the plugins page.

15 hours ago, roaku said:

And I'm not sure there's a way to associate an incoming image request to a current user,

No, you cannot.  Images are global to the item.  While you may be able to "fake" this with your cachekey I would not suggest trying to do that as it would slow things down quite a bit.

Ya, I initially didn't think it would be possible, but went for it when I saw continue watching data available on the item.

Then, I pretty quickly re-discovered why I didn't think it would be possible. :(

mickle026

No icons show at all with add property (more elements than one), and add property doesn't save, its gone when you exit and re-enter the plugin.

Colour change and positioning is fine though.  Its very nice.  Although my test colours are gross :), Im going to use this a lot :)

C
hanging the icon is at the side of the rule by clicking the icon, that was not clear.  I thought you set it above but thats just to choose the colour ... now I know :P

I would like there to be a !not rule , so I can display an icon if simply not my native language.  ie not English display a foreign audio symbol.

Screenshot_2021-02-03 Emby.png

Screenshot_2021-02-03 Emby(1).png

Screenshot_2021-02-03 Emby(2).png

Edited by mickle026

mickle026

Displaying 2 icons the same for me when they should be different.

Cover on the left is only H264, cover on right has subtitles and is H264

Screenshot_2021-02-03 Emby(3).png

Screenshot_2021-02-03 Emby(4).png

16 minutes ago, mickle026 said:

Displaying 2 icons the same for me when they should be different.

Cover on the left is only H264, cover on right has subtitles and is H264

Screenshot_2021-02-03 Emby(3).png

Screenshot_2021-02-03 Emby(4).png

Thanks for trying it out.

This is an intended limitation for the beta. It's mentioned at the top of the config page and in the first forum post, but the message could probably be clearer.

In the beta, the icon for your first rule match gets repeated for subsequent badges.

When there's an actual release, all icons will match their rules.

1 hour ago, mickle026 said:

No icons show at all with add property (more elements than one), and add property doesn't save, its gone when you exit and re-enter the plugin.

Screenshot_2021-02-03 Emby.png

Screenshot_2021-02-03 Emby(1).png

Screenshot_2021-02-03 Emby(2).png

Multi-property MediaStream rules will hopefully work for you; I use multi-properties to say things like the MediaStream should have Type 'Audio' and the 'Title' property should contain 'commentary'.

But, they are *and* matching, which means all properties must match to get the icon. If you want *or* matching, you can add multiple rules with the same icon because Iconic will only ever print 1 of a particular icon (again, this isn't true for the test beta, but how it will work for release versions).

So, let's go over the steps.

1) Add the properties you need and set their values, remembering that *each* property must match.

2) 'Commit' the new/edited rule by clicking the check box (circled in green in the screenshot below) then select a different icon than the rule default if you'd like

3) Click the green save button at the bottom.

*You always need to click the green save to persist any changes to the configuration.*

commit-rule.png.2773cd8cb6f63f56c44b63f5caefd561.png

Colour change and positioning is fine though.  Its very nice.  Although my test colours are gross , Im going to use this a lot

Changing the icon is at the side of the rule by clicking the icon, that was not clear.  I thought you set it above but thats just to choose the colour ... now I know

I would like there to be a !not rule , so I can display an icon if simply not my native language.  ie not English display a foreign audio symbol.

Awesome. Glad to hear you're enjoying it.

You're the second person to mention the rule icon selection not being clear, so I'll work on something to draw attention to that functionality.

I have plans to introduce more operators like NOT and EQUALS, but probably not before the initial release, as that's going to introduce even more complexity on the config side and the back end processing side.

Thanks again for trying it out and the helpful feedback.

Edited by roaku

mickle026
12 hours ago, roaku said:

So, let's go over the steps.

1) Add the properties you need and set their values, remembering that *each* property must match.

2) 'Commit' the new/edited rule by clicking the check box (circled in green in the screenshot below) then select a different icon than the rule default if you'd like

3) Click the green save button at the bottom.

*You always need to click the green save to persist any changes to the configuration.*

commit-rule.png.2773cd8cb6f63f56c44b63f5caefd561.png

Maybe this is not working for me, as the properties I am selecting are all the same?  add them as seperate rules and its fine.

The example below just wont save, even following your steps.

Leave Iconic and go back to it and they are not there, check the xml file and they are not there.

Also , perhaps doing a 'split' by comma or ; should be done in the property value choice, and check "PGSSUB,SRT,SUBRIP,XSUB" like screenshot 2, you are obviously testing for the whole string because this doesn't work at the moment.

I hope this is helpful, its not a critisism so please don't take it as that.  I find when I have ideas in my head I am so determined and know how it works other people just don't see it my way.  So I am myself open to suggestions.

There are two screen shots below, this forum makes it look like just one.

My examples are subititles because for me this is very important, im very nearly deaf and use them a lot.  At the moment I have to go in to the view screen and check them there.  This would be dynamic as Emby downloads subs on a task if it finds them so Iconic will add the symbol automatically, would be nice to see it on Episodes too, not as sure how you would do that on series covers though if the rule doesn't match for every episode.  When I record channels, some stations dont broadcast subtitles, whilst some do. 

Screenshot_2021-02-03 Emby(5).png

Screenshot_2021-02-03 Emby(6).png

Edited by mickle026

@mickle026

Ya, that's an *or* matching situation, so you'll want to create a separate MediaStream rule for each Codec you want to match, then each of those rules should have the same icon. If 1 or more of those rules match, you'll see the icon.

I'll add some validation to prevent the same property from being selected more than once inside the same MediaStream rule.

New Beta 0.9.1.5 has been posted:

- Prevent committing of a MediaStream Rule with duplicate Property Keys.

- Add helper text and color on hover to bring attention to the Icon Selector for Rules.

- Optimize rule analysis: Finally figured out a way to run the analysis once, cache the results, and discard after writing without the parallel processing requests clashing.

GrimReaper

First of all, thanks for the great plugin, having lots of fun with it. Contrary to some ppl that prefer their posters as clean as possible (and have issues even with watched status indicator), I like as much info as posssible presented on mine (granted, it came to the point that I can barely see the poster beneath 🤭), so your plugin is a given, for my tastes. 

Besides subtitles icons, discussed in another thread, I was wondering do you have any plans to expand Iconic to eventually incorporate TV Shows as well? I guess on episode level that would be quite straightforward, not so much on Series/Season posters? I suppose propagation should work well enough for those, i.e. if ANY episode underneath matches selected rule, propagate it to Season/Series poster? Again, with great visual clues Iconic provides, it would be pretty easy to pinpoint exact episode, literally 2 clicks? Just throwing some ideas around. Anyway, thanks again, excellent work. 👍

Cheers

crusher11

How do I assign a particular icon to a particular rule? I can't seem to find a way to do that. I just get the default icon.

GrimReaper
3 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

How do I assign a particular icon to a particular rule? I can't seem to find a way to do that. I just get the default icon.

Click on the icon in front of Rule name. 

• Like 1

GrimReaper

What would also be sweet is different-colored badges, i.e. Rule icon pop-up window to contain color picker as well. 

• Agree 1

GrimReaper
On 2/1/2021 at 11:29 PM, arrbee99 said:

but I think it still misses out on some of the AC3 stuff

You might try with Type:audio, DisplayTitle:AC3, had similar issue with 1080p HEVC, that setup sorted it. 

• Like 1

crusher11

Is it possible to have a negative match? ie Language != English to catch all foreign-language stuff?

Is there a way to rule in movies with different cuts, but rule out movies with different resolutions? I don't use "cut" every time in the name, unfortunately, but all my different-resolution stuff has its own folder. So any multi-version film, where all versions are in Movies and no versions are in 4K Movies, for example.

GrimReaper
7 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

Is it possible to have a negative match? ie Language != English to catch all foreign-language stuff?

On 2/3/2021 at 4:00 AM, roaku said:

I have plans to introduce more operators like NOT and EQUALS, but probably not before the initial release, as that's going to introduce even more complexity on the config side and the back end processing side.

Not yet, but I guess you could create a rule for each Audio/DisplayTitle language separately, can't be that many of them. 🙄

crusher11
Just now, GrimReaper76 said:

Not yet, but I guess you could create a rule for each Audio/DisplayTitle language separately, can't be that many of them. 🙄

Off the top of my head I don't even know what I've got. French, Russian, Spanish, Japanese, German...I'm sure there are others.

GrimReaper
Just now, crusher11 said:

Off the top of my head I don't even know what I've got. French, Russian, Spanish, Japanese, German...I'm sure there are others.

That's some collection. 😉

Still, in the absence of operators, you might try giving it a shot, shouldn't take more than few minutes to setup several rules. 🤷‍♂️

6 hours ago, GrimReaper76 said:

First of all, thanks for the great plugin, having lots of fun with it. Contrary to some ppl that prefer their posters as clean as possible (and have issues even with watched status indicator), I like as much info as posssible presented on mine (granted, it came to the point that I can barely see the poster beneath 🤭), so your plugin is a given, for my tastes. 

Besides subtitles icons, discussed in another thread, I was wondering do you have any plans to expand Iconic to eventually incorporate TV Shows as well? I guess on episode level that would be quite straightforward, not so much on Series/Season posters? I suppose propagation should work well enough for those, i.e. if ANY episode underneath matches selected rule, propagate it to Season/Series poster? Again, with great visual clues Iconic provides, it would be pretty easy to pinpoint exact episode, literally 2 clicks? Just throwing some ideas around. Anyway, thanks again, excellent work. 👍

Cheers

Thanks for trying it out and I'm glad it's working out for you.

I do have plans to add TV shows and Collections after the initial release.

But I'll have to sit down and figure out what rule options make sense and how to present them in a manageable way through the UI, then figure out whatever differences and quirks there are for each of them. It's a whole thing.

2 hours ago, GrimReaper76 said:

What would also be sweet is different-colored badges, i.e. Rule icon pop-up window to contain color picker as well. 

If that ends up being a common request, I'll add an option for per rule colors. But that will lead to requests for per rule shape. And size. And opacity. And...

Personally, I like the consistent look. :)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

GrimReaper
3 minutes ago, roaku said:

If that ends up being a common request, I'll add an option for per rule colors. But that will lead to requests for per rule shape. And size. And opacity. And...

Personally, I like the consistent look. :)

Yeah, it is a matter of taste, I suppose, maybe I'm just used to my CoverArt's setup, in which I have, for example, yellow=4K, orange=1080p, silver=720p etc. Looks great and all is clear at a glance, no need to read, self-explanatory. But yeah, I'm sure more suggestions will come along the way (and possibly be accommodated eventually?). Anyway, keep doin' the great work. 👍

Cheers

5 hours ago, crusher11 said:

Got it.

Separate Opacity options for the icon and the background would be awesome.

Thanks for trying it out.

Separately controls for the opacities of the badge and the icons is on the way and planned for the initial release.

1 hour ago, crusher11 said:

Not yet, but more matching operators will be planned out and added some time after the initial release.

Is there a way to rule in movies with different cuts, but rule out movies with different resolutions? I don't use "cut" every time in the name, unfortunately, but all my different-resolution stuff has its own folder. So any multi-version film, where all versions are in Movies and no versions are in 4K Movies, for example.

Sorry, no.

I can add a 'is multi-version' rule type pretty easily and that seems broadly useful.

But there's no way right now to say THIS but *not* THAT.

I may be able to add 'Rule Groups' some time in the unspecified future, so multiple rule types and operators could be used together to make a decision for a single icon. But things get too complicated fast, both for users and developers. I already want to stop thinking about how that would work.

I do plan to look at adding the ability to specify a folder(s) before adding rules, but again, I'm not sure when this would happen.

arrbee99
7 hours ago, GrimReaper76 said:

You might try with Type:audio, DisplayTitle:AC3, had similar issue with 1080p HEVC, that setup sorted it. 

Thank you. That does indeed seem to work.

• Like 1