Plugin - Iconic Image Enhancer

roaku

cochize1

in the meantime I thought about giving it another try and set a Tag Rule for LoTR movies and the badge was only displayed for the same one as with Filename Rule so there is something fishy going on around here. Will try to report back with updated plugin tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

While playing, if I pick Type for Property Key, what kind of thing do I put in Property Value (if anything) to just see if it works ?

'Video' or 'Audio' will work. They should match just about everything...

You can narrow it down by using Type 'Audio' then adding another property to match "Codec" to "H264" or "AAC", for example.

MediaStream works, but is a bit of a free for all right now that needs more documentation. You can experiment and the worst that will happen is that Iconic will fail and you'll just get back the unmodified image.

Edited by roaku

6 minutes ago, cochize1 said:

in the meantime I thought about giving it another try and set a Tag Rule for LoTR movies and the badge was only displayed for the same one as with Filename Rule so there is something fishy going on around here. Will try to report back with updated plugin tomorrow.

Thanks. Ya, there seems to be something Iconic is checking during the rules analysis that doesn't exist for those Items and causing it to fail. That modified plugin file should tell me which line is the culprit and hopefully I can fix it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

So you reckon something like this -

1622973619_EmbyIconictesting.JPG.4b5cf2269585c3d7137bf2591ebaa156.JPG

Ya, that should work for TRUEHD, if you have some.

arrbee99

Far as I can tell, I do and it doesn't, unless they're there but invisible somehow (possible) or I don't know what I'm doing (very possible).

e.g. - War of the Worlds -

448076557_EmbyIconictesting1.thumb.JPG.c8ceb2e8fc6e462f3a7f1dd83bbd0cd3.JPG

and

1857682532_EmbyIconictesting2.JPG.26bfefe518e761bb16d7ad7576738fc5.JPG

Can't see an icon (not that I've picked a very good colour to test it on...)

arrbee99

Just changed TRUEHD to AAC and still no sign after pressing F5 in the browser. It should appear on any poster / thumb with AAC ?

1 hour ago, arrbee99 said:

So I'm at Add Media Stream Rule, where does Video and 3840 go ? The only box that has a drop down list is Property Key and that only has (among others) Type and Video Range. Does Property Value come into it somewhere ?

If you download the updated Beta in the link below, you should now get the Resolution property option in the dropdown I thought was already there and it should work like I thought it already did. :)

Just a reminder though, for the betas, if you match more than one rule, you'll only see the Icon for the first matched rule on all badges.

1 hour ago, arrbee99 said:

So you reckon something like this -

1622973619_EmbyIconictesting.JPG.4b5cf2269585c3d7137bf2591ebaa156.JPG

Looking more closely at this, you should have one rule here, and click 'add property' under it to add the second property to it.

Also, make sure Iconic is 'active' at the top of the configuration.

Can I ask how you have Emby configured/where in the UI you are to get the images landscaped like that so I can verify the behavior?

Iconic does add icons to the landscaped images in places like Continue Watching (although the badges are too big and I need to work on that).

Finally, you can search your log for 'Running Iconic Enhancements' to see if it's at least trying to generate the enhanced images and if there's an error right after.

Edited by roaku

cochize1

ok, so I restarted my server and send you an emby log in PM

from what I briefly saw there the plugin is listing only the movies from the recently added lists but I can see that it works like beofre, adding badges to the same movies (not listed in the log). Of course I might be wrong. Hope you can figure this out.

arrbee99

When in doubt, go for the obvious eh ? I saw the 'Active' thing when I first opened the plugin, told myself to remember to activate it, and didn't think of it since. So with just activating, and remembering to save, looks like things are working with the existing plugin (and with leaving it at 2 rules).

As mentioned - bit of a size thing (also have browser set to 110% zoom if it matters) -

97305053_EmbyIconictesting3.thumb.JPG.55e83c7cec3e1a17611ba4c127b1a644.JPG

I set things to portrait for most items i.e. Movies, TV, Documentaries - wherever its allowed really. I set under Movies (or TV or...) and the three dots menu next too Filter.

I'll try the new version with Resolution in a bit.

3 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

When in doubt, go for the obvious eh ? I saw the 'Active' thing when I first opened the plugin, told myself to remember to activate it, and didn't think of it since. So with just activating, and remembering to save, looks like things are working with the existing plugin (and with leaving it at 2 rules).

As mentioned - bit of a size thing (also have browser set to 110% zoom if it matters) -

97305053_EmbyIconictesting3.thumb.JPG.55e83c7cec3e1a17611ba4c127b1a644.JPG

I set things to portrait for most items i.e. Movies, TV, Documentaries - wherever its allowed really. I set under Movies (or TV or...) and the three dots menu next too Filter.

I'll try the new version with Resolution in a bit.

Ok, glad we're making progress.

Shrinking the overlay size in landscape is on my to do list.

So, it looks like your system isn't rendering the icon correctly. You're getting the rectangle instead?

May I ask what platform you're running Emby on, so I can see if I can correct that?

6 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

Just Windows 10 64 bit. And Firefox.

Ok. Windows should definitely be working...I'll see if I can break it locally..then fix it.

arrbee99

Actually, looking at AAC audio it seems to miss a lot (assuming I'm looking in the right place) -

1772008636_EmbyIconictesting4.thumb.JPG.a0908a937e5330602762dbe3685feef7.JPG

That view shows Emby filtering to only show items with audio codec AAC, using the modified -

1451746922_EmbyIconictesting5.JPG.7d1fd3ae65ba424dde1836e7ed155e60.JPG

3 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

...but it does seem to pick every TrueHD movie I've got.

I get 100% matches in my library of about 1000 movies, but both you and cochize are getting misses.

He's helping me track down the cause of some null errors his logs are showing when Iconic tries to analyze some of his movies.

Hopefully, you're both experiencing the same error and I'll be able to track it down.

arrbee99

Is that the normal Emby log or is there a Iconic log somewhere ?
I could probably spot some kind of null error thingy, but as for the actual cause...

Edit - maybe we're both on the Emby beta server ?

Edited by arrbee99

5 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

Is that the normal Emby log or is there a Iconic log somewhere ?
I could probably spot some kind of null error thingy, but as for the actual cause...

Edit - maybe we're both on the Emby beta server ?

Ya, embyserver.txt would have the errors.

He's on 4.5.4.

I'm hoping that there's just something on Items that my code assumes is always there because it's always there in my library and I'll be able to protect against it once I know what's missing.

4 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

Well if there's anything I should look for...

A search for 'error' should turn them up if they're there. Then those errors should mention Iconic a bunch if they're relevant.

arrbee99

The only thing I could find that said error was 'Error Server: Access token is invalid or expired' which seemed to be associated with our Nvidia Shield being in use or something to do with NextPVR.

Ok. That's too bad.

I'll add a debug mode soon so Iconic will explain the rule analysis it's doing on each Item and what the results are.

And I'll see if I can recreate the missing icons on Windows 10 and Emby Beta.