Plugin - Iconic Image Enhancer

roaku

roaku
54 minutes ago, chander421 said:

Thanks for this great plugin! Would like to registrate for unlocking the full app but my premiere key is linked to an old email that'not my paypal email... How could this be resolved?

Glad you like it, and thanks for using.

I can't help with the administrative side of things, but @ebrshould be able to fix what needs fixing for you.

• 2 weeks later...
roaku

Has anyone on Emby 4.7 beta had a chance to try out the Iconic 2.1 beta?

Old features stop working? New features never started working? Everything just fine?

I'd like to have any Iconic issues addressed before 4.7 is officially released, so please let me know if you find anything bad in the 2.1 beta.

MangoMC

Installed the server beta right now and added an Ended Tag to all my series. Works fine

No issues detected so far with the updated plugin. Ubuntu Server 18.04

• Thanks 1

roaku
55 minutes ago, MangoMC said:

Installed the server beta right now and added an Ended Tag to all my series. Works fine

No issues detected so far with the updated plugin. Ubuntu Server 18.04

Great to hear. Thanks for testing.

• 2 weeks later...
tmb4016

Hi Roaku - I've just installed 4.7.0.38 on Windows and now the plugin seems to have issues in the config section. Although it has installed and looks to be running when I go into the config area of the plugin I just get the spinning disk and the config does not load.

The icons are being generated it just seems to be the configuration.

I will do some digging into the logs and try removing the config when I get chance and try to give you more details.

It was working ok at 4.7.0.36.

roaku
1 hour ago, tmb4016 said:

Hi Roaku - I've just installed 4.7.0.38 on Windows and now the plugin seems to have issues in the config section. Although it has installed and looks to be running when I go into the config area of the plugin I just get the spinning disk and the config does not load.

The icons are being generated it just seems to be the configuration.

I will do some digging into the logs and try removing the config when I get chance and try to give you more details.

It was working ok at 4.7.0.36.

Ok, thanks for the info. 👍

I probably won't address this until 4.7 is officially released, though.

The betas are such a moving target I normally don't support them at all, but 4.7 was going to be released 'any day now' a month ago, but here we are today with a new breaking beta... 😅

tmb4016

no problem. As you say it may change again yet ... It is only on the config page so far. I'll let you know if I find anything when dig into the log files later.

• Thanks 1

tmb4016

Hi Roaku,

Just a heads up for the issue for the config page loading on windwws Beta 4.7.0.38

It seems to be a follow on from the comment detailed earlier in (page 19) - the config loading issue I am seeing is connected to the changes in the font file names in the beta server... 

from my log file the code seemed to be looking for the file ... - LDItaoyNOAY6Uewc665JcIzCKsKc_M9flwmJ_2.woff however in 4.7.0.38 these appear to have been replaced by the LDItaoyNOAY6Uewc665JcIzCKsKc_M9flwmJ_3.woff file. Manually copying the file to the old name allows the config page to load correctly.

Copying the file manually however does not always have the correct icons referenced I assume due to changes in the font definition....

Thanks for the Status rule on the Series ... It works fine from the basic testing I've done. Wanting to test this was how I discovered the config page issue. 

Thanks again for a great plugin.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
roaku

Ok, with the release of Emby 4.7 being imminent once again, I've added a BETA 2.1.0.1 to the catalog with the required font update.

Thanks to @tmb4016 for bringing my attention to it.

There are no known issues with this BETA (jinx). Once Emby 4.7 is finalized and released, I'll finalize 2.1.0 for official release.

• Thanks 1

horstepipe

Hey @roaku

As you mentioned reloading of images doesn’t really work on Android TV. So if one changes some icons it doesn’t apply on Android tv unless you do an image metadata refresh.

is that something the core/atv devs could look into?

Best regards

roaku
4 hours ago, horstepipe said:

Hey @roaku

As you mentioned reloading of images doesn’t really work on Android TV. So if one changes some icons it doesn’t apply on Android tv unless you do an image metadata refresh.

is that something the core/atv devs could look into?

Best regards

It shouldn't be that bad unless this is a new issue.

Just navigating to a new screen and back should cause the new image to load.

The only exception is the collection/playlist rule type, but even that should be up to date within a minute.

tmb4016

Hi Roaku,

Just tested the new version with 4.7.0.40 - Files are as previously stated for the fonts and the config page loads fine with no errors.

However I am not getting all the images displaying correctly on the covers ... The icon display correctly in the config page but if I select some icons - ones I think are new ... the treatment does not show correctly. So with New Status Rules for TV...

image.png.70c3af72f30adc5231c1fd8ee03c6950.png

the icon is correctly displayed as below.

image.png.c6c16ae17f5bd459bf01de8d1dcc1b84.png

However if I pick the icon 10k / e951 for instance - whilst it displays ok for the config page.

image.png.5dd0a1ef2bd821d01d7baacb948b7b04.png

The icon is not displayed fully on the cover ...

image.png.f04901fc18b0bb7a90965b4be589e7b4.png

I am not sure if this is something to do with your override of the class workaround now not working for the current files.

Not sure if anybody else has seen this ?

roaku
5 minutes ago, tmb4016 said:

Hi Roaku,

Just tested the new version with 4.7.0.40 - Files are as previously stated for the fonts and the config page loads fine with no errors.

However I am not getting all the images displaying correctly on the covers ... The icon display correctly in the config page but if I select some icons - ones I think are new ... the treatment does not show correctly. So with New Status Rules for TV...

However if I pick the icon 10k / e951 for instance - whilst it displays ok for the config page.

I am not sure if this is something to do with your override of the class workaround now not working for the current files.

Hmm. What OS is your Emby Server running on?

The CSS workaround was only needed for the front end display. The back end font rendering was working fine for all icons as of BETA .36, I think it was.

tmb4016

Windows 10 - 21H2 Build 19044.1645

I've checked the logs and there do not seem to be any errors - it just does not render correctly.

Log extract for the cover shown previously...

2022-05-18 18:38:37.514 Info CoverArt: image enhance of Star Trek: Discovery took 0.088 seconds.
2022-05-18 18:38:37.527 Info CoverArt: image enhance of Moon Knight took 0.076 seconds.
2022-05-18 18:38:37.592 Info CoverArt: image enhance of The Split took 0.062 seconds.
2022-05-18 18:38:37.618 Info App: Running Iconic Enhancements on Euphoria (US)
2022-05-18 18:38:37.641 Info App: Running Iconic Enhancements on Moon Knight
2022-05-18 18:38:37.843 Info App: Running Iconic Enhancements on Star Trek: Picard
2022-05-18 18:38:37.847 Info App: Running Iconic Enhancements on Sanditon

Let me know if you need anything else ...

Edited by tmb4016

roaku
2 minutes ago, tmb4016 said:

Windows 10 - 21H2 Build 19044.1645

Ok. I think I know what it is then.

I always forget I have to do special handling for Windows because it can't read the (popular and established) woff font format in the context of the image library for some reason, and that's the format Emby provides.

That means I have to pack the plugin with a fallback font for Windows, and I forgot to update it with a newer version to match what Emby is now providing.

So, I just need to grab the newer version of the font from the Google repository in non woff format to replace the fallback font.

It's a quick fix (assuming this is the issue), but I won't be able to implement it until tonight (+8 hours or so from now).

• Thanks 1

horstepipe
7 hours ago, roaku said:

It shouldn't be that bad unless this is a new issue.

Just navigating to a new screen and back should cause the new image to load.

The only exception is the collection/playlist rule type, but even that should be up to date within a minute.

Thanks!

ok I will check in the next days wheter cloudflare caching might be the problem here. But it worked on emby Theater directly; although I am aware that that client might have requested a different resolution than ATV so that might be the point.

will write back here.

roaku
5 hours ago, tmb4016 said:

Hi Roaku,

I just pushed BETA 2.1.0.2 to hopefully fix this issue for Windows users. Let me know if you still have the problem after updating.

• Thanks 1

tmb4016

Hi Roaku,

All good with 2.1.02 on Windows. The missing icons are now visible in all areas - configuration and enhancement.

Thanks.

• Like 1

lardners

I'm on server ver 4.7.0.60 and iconic ver 2.1.0.2 (paid)

I can only get a tag based rule to work

MediaStream rules are not working

This rule here for example for HDR, won't display an icon:

image.png

image.png

roaku
9 minutes ago, lardners said:

I'm on server ver 4.7.0.60 and iconic ver 2.1.0.2 (paid)

I can only get a tag based rule to work

MediaStream rules are not working

This rule here for example for HDR, won't display an icon:

image.png

image.png

Ok, I'll take a look.

ferzal

Any news on an OR or NOT operator? Or am I missing something?  I tried reading all 21 pages carefully I promise. :)

Can't actually get icons to display at all with the emby update (which I just got today) at the moment but I think that might a cache issue so not going to make a deal of that yet.

Edited by ferzal

roaku
38 minutes ago, ferzal said:

Any news on an OR or NOT operator? Or am I missing something?  I tried reading all 21 pages carefully I promise. :)

Can't actually get icons to display at all with the emby update (which I just got today) at the moment but I think that might a cache issue so not going to make a deal of that yet.

Rule negation isn't here yet. Here's what will be in the next release (currently in beta):

There isn't a final release of Iconic for 4.7 yet, so you'll need to go to the catalog page for Iconic and install the Beta 2.1.0.2 version and restart Emby to use Iconic on 4.7.

Edited by roaku

ferzal
3 hours ago, roaku said:

here isn't a final release of Iconic for 4.7 yet, so you'll need to go to the catalog page for Iconic and install the Beta 2.1.0.2 version and restart Emby to use Iconic on 4.7.

I have that but can't get any icons to show up still.  Have restarted Emby and tried a different device.  I'll fiddle around more as a new user playing with an in-development plugin before I declare issues beyond my end.

roaku
8 minutes ago, ferzal said:

I have that but can't get any icons to show up still.  Have restarted Emby and tried a different device.  I'll fiddle around more as a new user playing with an in-development plugin before I declare issues beyond my end.

Let me know if you're seeing this error in your logs: