Plugin - Iconic Image Enhancer

roaku

Diedrich
15 minutes ago, roaku said:

It looks like I have the tag matching as a little fuzzy instead of an exact equals match.

That was it, THANKS! Donation made. :)

image.thumb.png.14fc7716cbcab1afeb5cd0cb500867b0.png

16 minutes ago, roaku said:

For the additional icons, it's currently a fixed set that I don't control. I'm working on a user customizable font set for a future update.

I figured. That sounds like a good solution!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
MagicDoubleM

Got the problem that the UI isn't loading, I just get the hypnotizing loading circle doing it's circling thing forever... Tried 4.7.0.20 and .19 and a different browser where there was nothing cached from emby.

1 hour ago, MagicDoubleM said:

Got the problem that the UI isn't loading, I just get the hypnotizing loading circle doing it's circling thing forever... Tried 4.7.0.20 and .19 and a different browser where there was nothing cached from emby.

The latest stable release is 4.6.7.0 and that's as far as my support can go.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CyberPoison said:

Any chance to get a Dolby Vision  banner like this ones... 

https://github.com/jkirkcaldy/plex-utills/blob/master/app/img/chk_dolby_vision.png

That repo have some useful icons / banners. Btw this need us to able to add Codec Tag as a mediastream option. 

Kind regards any hope for a open source code of this plugin? 

Iconic uses the predefined font set from Google that Emby includes and uses. It doesn't use images at all. I'd like to eventually allow users to provide their own font sets.

Emby defines the MediaStream options. I can't add any.

I have no plans to release the source for this plugin.

CyberPoison

Usually DV movies have a Codec Tag displayed on the media info on the Movie on Emby.
image.thumb.png.865b938b5593af9b379bb8d8e557f8c5.png

Also we can use Embeded Title (Contains  = Dolby Vison | DV | DoVi | ....) as a option since i have some of the embeded titles show that on it.

23 minutes ago, CyberPoison said:

Usually DV movies have a Codec Tag displayed on the media info on the Movie on Emby.
image.thumb.png.865b938b5593af9b379bb8d8e557f8c5.png

Also we can use Embeded Title (Contains  = Dolby Vison | DV | DoVi | ....) as a option since i have some of the embeded titles show that on it.

Ok, I've created an issue for the Codec Tag. It will get added at some point, if it's possible from the plugin side.

• 3 weeks later...
horstepipe

hey @roaku

I know, server beta... 🙂

but since some weeks I am not able to access the configuration page anymore, I'm just getting a spinning circle on WebUI.

The log shows that error:

2022-02-05 16:01:44.638 Error Server: Error processing request
        *** Error Report ***
        Version: 4.7.0.22
        Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
        Operating system: Linux version 5.4.0-91-generic (buildd@lcy01-amd64-017) (gcc version 9.3.0 (Ubuntu 9.3.0-17ubuntu1~20.04)) #102-Ubuntu SMP Fri Nov 5 16:31:28 UTC 2021
        Framework: .NET 6.0.0-rtm.21522.10
        OS/Process: x64/x64
        Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
        Processor count: 8
        Data path: /var/lib/emby
        Application path: /opt/emby-server/system
        System.IO.FileNotFoundException: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file '/opt/emby-server/system/dashboard-ui/modules/fonts/material-icons/LDItaoyNOAY6Uewc665JcIzCKsKc_M9flwmJ_1.woff'.
        File name: '/opt/emby-server/system/dashboard-ui/modules/fonts/material-icons/LDItaoyNOAY6Uewc665JcIzCKsKc_M9flwmJ_1.woff'
           at Interop.ThrowExceptionForIoErrno(ErrorInfo errorInfo, String path, Boolean isDirectory, Func`2 errorRewriter)
           at Interop.CheckIo(Error error, String path, Boolean isDirectory, Func`2 errorRewriter)
           at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.Open(String path, OpenFlags flags, Int32 mode)
           at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.Open(String fullPath, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options, Int64 preallocationSize)
           at System.IO.Strategies.OSFileStreamStrategy..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options, Int64 preallocationSize)
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.GetFileStream(String path, FileOpenMode mode, FileAccessMode access, FileShareMode share, FileOpenOptions fileOpenOptions)
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.IOManager.GetResponse(HttpRequestOptions options, MediaProtocol protocol)
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.IOManager.GetResponse(HttpRequestOptions options)
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpResultFactory.GetContent(StaticFileResultOptions options, Int64 offset, Int64 length, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.FileWriter.SetContentResponseHeaders(Nullable`1 reportedTotalContentLength, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpResultFactory.GetStaticResult(IRequest requestContext, StaticResultOptions options)
           at Emby.Web.Api.DashboardService.Get(GetDashboardResource request)
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.GetTaskResult(Task task)
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
           at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
        Source: System.Private.CoreLib
        TargetSite: Void ThrowExceptionForIoErrno(ErrorInfo, System.String, Boolean, System.Func`2[Interop+ErrorInfo,Interop+ErrorInfo])

I checked the folder, there is not the expected file, but these ones:

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 184480 Aug 22  2017 LDItaoyNOAY6Uewc665JcIzCKsKc_M9flwmJ_2.woff
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 156580 Aug 22  2017 LDItaoyNOAY6Uewc665JcIzCKsKc_M9flwmP_2.woff2
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root    732 Aug 22  2017 style.css

So from my point of view this looks like easy to fix if you don't mind.

Best regards

Thanks for looking into it, but the answer doesn't change: Iconic is actively supported on the current stable release of Emby.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, redhalo said:

Does this plugin not work with mixed content libraries?

Iconic currently works with Libraries of Movie, TV or Collection types.

Edited by roaku

Shidapu

Made a purchase, got 2 emails, one from paypal, and one from emby team about Emby Premiere. 
I already have lifetime on my account, so i wont be using that key i got supplied.

But it's still saying that im on a trial period, and it keeps nagging that im unregistered. What to do?

6 minutes ago, Shidapu said:

Made a purchase, got 2 emails, one from paypal, and one from emby team about Emby Premiere. 
I already have lifetime on my account, so i wont be using that key i got supplied.

But it's still saying that im on a trial period, and it keeps nagging that im unregistered. What to do?

Thanks for registering.

Unfortunately, new registrations can take up to 24 hours before they fully activate. If you still don't have full access after that time period, please let me know.

I've gone over this with the Emby team a few times, and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it from the plugin side.

• Like 1

Shidapu
2 minutes ago, roaku said:

Thanks for registering.

Unfortunately, new registrations can take up to 24 hours before they fully activate. If you still don't have full access after that time period, please let me know.

I've gone over this with the Emby team a few times, and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it from the plugin side.

Alright, will wait. :) Thanks for the quick reply.

• Thanks 1

Shidapu
On 2/15/2022 at 11:13 PM, roaku said:

Thanks for registering.

24 hours, and still the same. How to escalate this further? 

On 2/15/2022 at 5:13 PM, roaku said:

Hi. Did you purchase with a different email than your Premiere key?  If so, we need to fix that.  Please send a PM to me with the emails involved.

Thanks.

Shidapu
5 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi. Did you purchase with a different email than your Premiere key?  If so, we need to fix that.  Please send a PM to me with the emails involved.

Thanks.

Used the same email. Will send the emails to you. 

1 hour ago, Shidapu said:

24 hours, and still the same. How to escalate this further? 

Try restarting the server if you haven't yet, and I see ebr is checking for other possible issues.

Shidapu
11 hours ago, roaku said:

Try restarting the server if you haven't yet, and I see ebr is checking for other possible issues.

yeah ebr fixed it for me. my emby premiere was registred to anorher email address, so i got that fixed, and the plugin linked correctly.

The plugin now says its registered. But still mention about the limitation to unregistered in settings, and i still only get 1 icon, tried disabling, save, enable, save. Also tried restarting emby server. 

yeah ebr fixed it for me. my emby premiere was registred to anorher email address, so i got that fixed, and the plugin linked correctly.

The plugin now says its registered. But still mention about the limitation to unregistered in settings, and i still only get 1 icon, tried disabling, save, enable, save. Also tried restarting emby server. 

Ok, the green text is good. I mistakenly thought you were seeing that originally. I think you are within the 24 hour now that your email issue is resolved.

• Thanks 1

Shidapu
32 minutes ago, roaku said:

Ok, the green text is good. I mistakenly thought you were seeing that originally. I think you are within the 24 hour now that your email issue is resolved.

Alright. I'll wait. 😊 Thanks

Shidapu

It seems to be working great now. 
Thanks for creating this, it's a really nice addition.

But I noticed one thing with the covers, once generated, and browsing the library via web or app, the covers sometimes doesn't load in, and requires a refresh to show. Happens randomly, once loaded they keep showing correctly. Not sure if it had to do with an issue I had earlier, with my main drive got full accidently.

Wish there were some way to add Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision as icons somehow. Also Country specific icons, like ENG, SWE or flags, etc for subtitle icons.

It seems to be working great now. 
Thanks for creating this, it's a really nice addition.

But I noticed one thing with the covers, once generated, and browsing the library via web or app, the covers sometimes doesn't load in, and requires a refresh to show. Happens randomly, once loaded they keep showing correctly. Not sure if it had to do with an issue I had earlier, with my main drive got full accidently.

Wish there were some way to add Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision as icons somehow. Also Country specific icons, like ENG, SWE or flags, etc for subtitle icons.

Well, I'm glad it's working for you now.

With the way Emby works, my plugin can't add icons to an image until that image is requested from the image api. That means the images can take a bit longer to load the first time, but should be cached by Emby after that. I've optimized the plugin both on the rules checking and image generation sides, but it still takes time to create the new image.

In my experience, the Roku app and Android Mobile apps are happy to wait on the image, but the Android TV app will only allow for a couple of seconds delay before it shows a placeholder image. In those cases you have to scroll away like you described to get ATV to re-request the now cached version of the image. It was improved recently , but I still see the behavior when a lot of image requests come in at once to the Emby api.

For the flags and Dolby logos, one of the goals of the next release is the ability to add custom icons, so that would help there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...