Plugin - Iconic Image Enhancer

roaku

1 minute ago, cayars said:

Yes .14 beta.
Is it not compatible with the beta?

Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't.

I don't try to code to the very fast moving, un-roadmapped targets that are Emby betas.

If you wanted to check the log and share what you see I might be able to provide some insight into what's wrong, but I won't try to fix it until the problem is in a stable release.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, horstepipe said:

hey

any chance adding an option like "filename does NOT contain" ? 🙂

It's been requested and will happen eventually. Sorry I haven't gotten to it yet.

• Like 1

horstepipe
On 10/22/2021 at 5:56 PM, roaku said:

It's been requested and will happen eventually. Sorry I haven't gotten to it yet.

nice to hear, thank you very much for the plugin at all, it is very handy!

GrimReaper

Is there a way to make plugin not automatically update to v2

Could you post modified v1 dll with "Do not update" switch maybe? 

I rather like apply-to-all approach, recreating each rule per library gets old pretty quickly with no rule-duplication capability, and I grew somewhat tired of replacing updated version with v1 dll on a regular basis each time upon going online for Premiere verification. 

21 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Is there a way to make plugin not automatically update to v2

Could you post modified v1 dll with "Do not update" switch maybe? 

I rather like apply-to-all approach, recreating each rule per library gets old pretty quickly with no rule-duplication capability, and I grew somewhat tired of replacing updated version with v1 dll on a regular basis each time upon going online for Premiere verification. 

I thought users could select the plugin version they wanted to use from a dropdown selector in the catalog entry for a plugin.

If that's not the case, I'd make a feature request to Emby to add that feature.

The plugin version updating isn't in my control.

In the immediate term with 2x, if you're comfortable editing xml, you could activate each library you want, then open iconic.xml and copy/paste the rules section from the library you're happy with to the new ones.

Edited by roaku

GrimReaper
18 minutes ago, roaku said:

I thought users could select the plugin version they wanted to use from a dropdown selector in the catalog entry for a plugin.

If that's not the case, I'd make a feature request to Emby to add that feature.

The plugin version updating isn't in my control.

Tbh have no idea, I never installed it from Catalogue but been always doing it manually since the early beta days, likely there is a version dropdown, as with any other plugin. However, mine gets updated upon every going online (regardless of server Auto-updates off), as with any other plugin pushed-update.

20 minutes ago, roaku said:

In the immediate term with 2x, if you're comfortable editing xml, you could activate each library you want, then open iconic.xml and copy/paste the rules section from the library you're happy with to the new ones.

Thanks, will do. 

5 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Tbh have no idea, I never installed it from Catalogue but been always doing it manually since the early beta days, likely there is a version dropdown, as with any other plugin. However, mine gets updated upon every going online (regardless of server Auto-updates off), as with any other plugin pushed-update.

You should try using the catalog to install the version you want and see if Emby will stick with that.

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, roaku said:

You should try using the catalog to install the version you want and see if Emby will stick with that.

Will try and see what gives. 

horstepipe
On 10/22/2021 at 5:56 PM, roaku said:

Hey

can you give a rough ETA about that? I was just seeing that the original request is some time ago. If you say that it is more low prio and that it will probably take months, I‘ll take a look into renaming my files to „German“ and „English“

best regards

2 hours ago, horstepipe said:

Hey

can you give a rough ETA about that? I was just seeing that the original request is some time ago. If you say that it is more low prio and that it will probably take months, I‘ll take a look into renaming my files to „German“ and „English“

best regards

Yes, it will be awhile, so looking into alternatives is a good idea.

• Thanks 1

horstepipe
On 10/27/2021 at 11:49 PM, roaku said:

Yes, it will be awhile, so looking into alternatives is a good idea.

thanks!

do you have any solution in mind for episodes which do not have an image? E.g. :

bobs.thumb.PNG.1fc6d7b16768e213eed834b68609796d.PNG

here you see directly that episode 4 is english, but you don't see it for episode 5 as there's no picture yet.

I know that's most likely something you can't do anything about 🙂

2 hours ago, horstepipe said:

thanks!

do you have any solution in mind for episodes which do not have an image? E.g. :

bobs.thumb.PNG.1fc6d7b16768e213eed834b68609796d.PNG

here you see directly that episode 4 is english, but you don't see it for episode 5 as there's no picture yet.

I know that's most likely something you can't do anything about 🙂

Ya, sorry. The only solution there is to add the missing episode images.

• Agree 1

horstepipe

would it be posible to add ["average bitrate" is higher / lower than "value"] as a rule? We could mark high bitrate movie with that option so people are directly aware.

Edited by horstepipe

1 hour ago, horstepipe said:

would it be posible to add ["average bitrate" is higher / lower than "value"] as a rule? We could mark high bitrate movie with that option so people are directly aware.

If 'average bitrate' is a property Emby gives me access to, then you should get this when I implement the Operators feature (=,!=,<,>,etc.).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
horstepipe

hey @roaku

another request if you don't mind 🙂

It would be really handy to setup multiple "rules" for one rule, so e.g.

if file name contains 2021
and
if file name contains .ac3dubbed.

use that icon

best regards

• 2 weeks later...

@roakuhow to you register after you buy the plugin? It still says "Unregistered versions of Iconic are limited to one rule match/badge per Movie." and I still only see one icon

24 minutes ago, Ribesg said:

@roakuhow to you register after you buy the plugin? It still says "Unregistered versions of Iconic are limited to one rule match/badge per Movie." and I still only see one icon

Thanks for registering.

Unfortunately, new registrations can take up to 24 hours before they fully activate. If you still don't have full access after that time period, please let me know.

I've gone over this with the Emby team a few times and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it from the plugin side.

It took more than 24h but now it works.

What features do you plan on adding in the future? I already feel like it's missing things like:

- More than just "contains" filters: does not contain, exact match, greater than and smaller than for numbers, and ability to combine multiple matches, even on the same field, with both and and or

- Parse some of the fields like Resolution as 2 numbers that you could filter on

- Add more meaningful icons (FHD, 1080p, 720p, 8K, SDR...)

- Probably remove 90% of all the useless icons

- Maybe add ability to make simple custom icons with text (would look like the HDR icons)

Thanks for this plugin

33 minutes ago, Ribesg said:

It took more than 24h but now it works.

What features do you plan on adding in the future? I already feel like it's missing things like:

- More than just "contains" filters: does not contain, exact match, greater than and smaller than for numbers, and ability to combine multiple matches, even on the same field, with both and and or

- Parse some of the fields like Resolution as 2 numbers that you could filter on

- Add more meaningful icons (FHD, 1080p, 720p, 8K, SDR...)

- Probably remove 90% of all the useless icons

- Maybe add ability to make simple custom icons with text (would look like the HDR icons)

Thanks for this plugin

Here are the goals for the next release:

• 2 weeks later...
Diedrich

Loving this plugin and thanks for suggesting it @roaku in my feature request post, the plugin is doing what I was hoping for (visual indication that a movie has an extra scene (or two) during or after the credits).

I'm seeing an issue though. I have a tag for "ExtraScene", "2ExtraScenes", and "4ExtraScenes". These each have their own Iconic tag rule within the Movies Library section. Unfortunately, the 2ExtraScenes and 4ExtraScenes tag rules are not showing their unique icon and are using the ExtraScene icon instead. In this screenshot you can see that the movies Captain Marvel and The Avengers are showing the ExtraScene icon rather than the 2ExtraScenes icon as they are tagged accordingly and they both have two extra scenes during/after the credits. (they should both have a +2 badge/icon)

921632941_Screenshot2022-01-05at09-33-23Emby.thumb.png.e8ede3e4c15d617a32bac3bfbee383e5.png

Here are my rules - they were created by clicking the "Add Tag Rule" under the "Movies" label, I'm not sure why they are listed at the bottom under the "Extras" section.

534779551_Screenshot2022-01-05at09-32-38Emby.png.5e11a136abe5e346c2480fbbbb3c0915.png

Here is what the metadata looks like for Captain Marvel

image.png.e189619b3e667eda0336dd721df374f9.png

Feature Request: Could you add a +3 and +4 icon, please? That would be awesome!

roaku

@Diedrich

It looks like I have the tag matching as a little fuzzy instead of an exact equals match.

So, the first rule is matching for all the tags because all three contain the string 'ExtraScene'.

I don't think I intended to do that for the tag rule; it likely got copied and pasted from the logic for a different rule that needed non exact matching.

Restructuring your rules so that the 2 and 4 rules come before the 'ExtraScene' rule should fix it for you now as opposed to waiting on me to do an update.

For the additional icons, it's currently a fixed set that I don't control. I'm working on a user customizable font set for a future update.

• Thanks 1