Plugin - Iconic Image Enhancer

roaku

8 hours ago, luundblad said:

And does it still take a looong time to load the icons first time? if so, why can it not work as Cover Art icons?

This is still the current state:

8 hours ago, luundblad said:

I want a icon on every movie poster that has .swe sub. How to do it the best way? 

Assuming the subtitle are embedded in your movie file, something like this should work:

Adrifresh

Hi!

Is there a way to use this for television episodes?

I'm re-ripping my DVDs and leaving them uncompressed. This would really help me see my new vs my older rips.

It works perfect for movies.

12 minutes ago, Adrifresh said:

Hi!

Is there a way to use this for television episodes?

I'm re-ripping my DVDs and leaving them uncompressed. This would really help me see my new vs my older rips.

It works perfect for movies.

I'll be releasing a new version to the catalog very soon that will do what you need.

If you don't want to wait for the official release, you can manually install the beta attached to this post (be sure to read the post itself first):

Edited by roaku

• 2 weeks later...

Iconic 2.0 is now available through the catalog.

New in 2.0:

- Support for per Library configuration
- Initial support for TV: Show, Season, Episode
- Initial support for Collections
- Adds support for Movie Extras
- Optimizations to improve image load times  @luundblad

**Existing 1.x users will need to recreate their configurations in 2.0.
   [emby-path]/plugins/configurations/Iconic.xml can be used as a reference to more easily recreate 1.x configurations in the 2.x UI.

Edited by roaku
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

@roaku just discovered and purchased today, pretty awesome .

I have a feature requests please :)

Can you show the icons on the continue watching strip/section on the home screen. When you have a 4k tv library and a normal tv library it would be useful to see the icons as emby shows both the 1080p version and 4k version in that continue watching section and you cant see which is which without the icons :).

57 minutes ago, KoteZA said:

Can you show the icons on the continue watching strip/section on the home screen. When you have a 4k tv library and a normal tv library it would be useful to see the icons as emby shows both the 1080p version and 4k version in that continue watching section and you cant see which is which without the icons :).

I'll look into it, but I think the continue watching image is from the show level instead of the episode level, which is where the resolution info lives. So, you might have to add 4k/HD tags to your shows for this to work.

And thanks for registering!

horstepipe
2 hours ago, KoteZA said:

For now you can use CoverArt for this purpose, that's at least what I'm currently doing.

@roaku Cool would be great if you could look into it. On the home screen it shows the specific episode/movie and if you click it it goes to that specific episode or movie, however it uses the season image as per below
image.png.be749585d41ebcee592396248ec74c3a.png

@horstepipe coverart doesn't display there?

horstepipe
3 minutes ago, KoteZA said:

@roaku Cool would be great if you could look into it. On the home screen it shows the specific episode/movie and if you click it it goes to that specific episode or movie, however it uses the season image as per below
image.png.be749585d41ebcee592396248ec74c3a.png

@horstepipe coverart doesn't display there?

you also have to configure the "episode" or "thumb" Treatments in CoverArt. And you have to apply a "Specific Covers" rule for your 4k library "all other items will use the UHD cover"

horstepipe

so @roaku
I'm just trying out the plugin again. But for now it doesn't work as expected. I'm having an "international movies" libary where I want to be a icon placed on each movie. As I do not need any rules as the icons shall be on all movies on this libary, I do not need to setup a rule. Is this possible at all?

Second issue I'm having is that the options I made within the plugin do not save. So I choose a symbol, adjust size etc. and hit save. But if I go to another menu and back there, the options I chose are not there anymore.

horstepipe

okay as I'm only having .strm files, I bypassed problem #1 with a file name rule containing "strm" in its file name.

Now icons are being shown on each movie, but not the one I chose. I tried choosing the item another time without luck.

MagicDoubleM
20 hours ago, roaku said:

Iconic 2.0 is now available through the catalog.

New in 2.0:

- Support for per Library configuration
- Initial support for TV: Show, Season, Episode
- Initial support for Collections
- Adds support for Movie Extras
- Optimizations to improve image load times  @luundblad

**Existing 1.x users will need to recreate their configurations in 2.0.
   [emby-path]/plugins/configurations/Iconic.xml can be used as a reference to more easily recreate 1.x configurations in the 2.x UI.

Very nice progress. Thank you very much.

• Thanks 1

horstepipe

Another question: from what I see the plug-in works different to coverart as it doesn’t seem to create and save the images, but adding the icons on the fly, is this correct? I‘m wondering how much this will Stress the Server in bigger databases when multiple rules are being created…?

19 minutes ago, horstepipe said:

Now icons are being shown on each movie, but not the one I chose. I tried choosing the item another time without luck.

Where are you 'choosing' the icon for a rule?

The icon selector at the top is just a preview.

Each rule has its own icon selector in its row in the rule section.

icon-selector.png

horstepipe
2 minutes ago, roaku said:

Where are you 'choosing' the icon for a rule?

The icon selector at the top is just a preview.

Each rule has its own icon selector in its row in the rule section.

icon-selector.png

Ahh sorry that was the problem for sure!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, horstepipe said:

Another question: from what I see the plug-in works different to coverart as it doesn’t seem to create and save the images, but adding the icons on the fly, is this correct? I‘m wondering how much this will Stress the Server in bigger databases when multiple rules are being created…?

It doesn't. Drawing shapes on a bitmap is trivial and instantaneous.

To the extent there's any 'stress', it's in writing the final product to disk in the cache, which is happening whether you use any image enhancers or not.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, horstepipe said:

you also have to configure the "episode" or "thumb" Treatments in CoverArt. And you have to apply a "Specific Covers" rule for your 4k library "all other items will use the UHD cover"

I didn't even know I could do this. lol. That's pretty much sorted my issue- thanks my dude. Would still be cool to get it with icons though :)

• Agree 1

horstepipe

roaku, is it planned expanding the feature to other image types? As KoteZA mentioned, that would be really handy for things like the continue watching row.

3 hours ago, horstepipe said:

roaku, is it planned expanding the feature to other image types? As KoteZA mentioned, that would be really handy for things like the continue watching row.

Let me try to clarify some things.

'Continue watching' isn't an image type. Images in the continue watching row already have the badges they would have anywhere else.

Right now, you can add a tag rule to a Show and see that rule's badge on the show image when it appears in the continue watching row.

What's causing some confusion is that Emby displays the *Show* image for TV shows in the continue watching row, even though it provides *Episode* level text underneath.

Your expectation seems to be that Iconic should show the Episode's badges on the Show's image when in the continue watching row.

That can't happen.

What might be able to happen and what I'll be looking into at KoteZA's request, is finding a way to determine the resolution of a *Show*. If that's the case, I'll add a Show level rule for resolution.

Hope that makes sense.

Edited by roaku
  • Thanks 1

GrimReaper
21 minutes ago, roaku said:

What might be able to happen and what I'll be looking into at KoteZA's request, is finding a way to determine the resolution of a *Show*. If that's the case, I'll add a Show level rule for resolution.

Here's something I posted in the beginnings, few months ago regarding that:

As a season can have multiple episode resolutions, and different seasons different ones, could simply propagating those resolutions one level up suffice, i.e. multiple badges on Season level with all children items (episodes) resolutions (1,2,3 badges?) and multiple badges of Show level with all children resultions (again 1,2,3,4 badges?)? Most users would have 1-2, more extreme cases upwards of that. 

Edited by GrimReaper
Typo

crusher11

It uses the backdrop image for TV shows in Continue Watching. Backdrops don't exist for episodes by default.

They are, however, supported by Emby, and if you add a backdrop image to an episode Continue Watching will now use that image. 

7 hours ago, crusher11 said:

It uses the backdrop image for TV shows in Continue Watching. Backdrops don't exist for episodes by default.

They are, however, supported by Emby, and if you add a backdrop image to an episode Continue Watching will now use that image. 

This is true, but what Emby really wants for the continue watching row is a thumb/landscape image added to the episode. Providing that is the best option if going this route.

Here are the current goals for the next release:

Enable User Fonts

Add New release/Newly Added Time Rule

This would allow for showing icons based on when an item was added to a library or release date.

Any collection rule option

Apply to Folder specifier

And to be clear:

• Work hasn't started on any of these yet.
  • I don't know when the next release will be published.
  • Any given feature might not end up in the next release.
  • The final outcome for a feature could be 'no'.
Edited by roaku
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1