Plugin - Iconic Image Enhancer

roaku

MangoMC

Hi. For me it doesn't really work. The icon I choose is not saved. I need to edit the xml to get the correct icon

After the edit the config Site doesn't show the correct icon. But the covers have the correct one 

E072 

roaku
2 minutes ago, MangoMC said:

Hi. For me it doesn't really work. The icon I choose is not saved. I need to edit the xml to get the correct icon

After the edit the config Site doesn't show the correct icon. But the covers have the correct one 

E072 

Where in the config UI are you expecting to see the 'correct icon'?

MangoMC
19 minutes ago, roaku said:

Where in the config UI are you expecting to see the 'correct icon'?

When I want to edit the current config 

roaku
11 minutes ago, MangoMC said:

When I want to edit the current config 

I'm asking you for details about this.

When you're editing...

Which one of your Libraries is selected for editing?

Are you looking at the rules section or the badge configuration section?

Edited by roaku

MangoMC

Ok. I try to explain. What I did now was I select the movies library. Config the icon. Add the rule (filename) and save. After that when I open the config page some of my things I saved are not saved. Active is always off and the icon is not that one I selected.

The settings for where the icon should be or the opacity. Or color. Everything is saved. But not the icon

That's why I opened the xml and changed the line for the icon to e072

The plugin now works like I want. But when I enter the config page its the same. Wrong icon. Active again off

roaku
8 minutes ago, MangoMC said:

Ok. I try to explain. What I did now was I select the movies library. Config the icon. Add the rule (filename) and save. After that when I open the config page some of my things I saved are not saved. Active is always off and the icon is not that one I selected.

The settings for where the icon should be or the opacity. Or color. Everything is saved. But not the icon

That's why I opened the xml and changed the line for the icon to e072

The plugin now works like I want. But when I enter the config page its the same. Wrong icon. Active again off

It sounds to me like, when you return to the config screen, you aren't re-selecting your movies library from the library selector at the top. Which would mean you're probably seeing the configuration for a different library than the one you're expecting to see. Make sure you use the library selector at the top to load the configuration for the particular library you want to edit.

It also sounds like you're looking at the badge preview section instead of the rules section to see which icons you've chosen. The icon for a rule is selected in the rules section by clicking the icon in the row for that rule and using the icon selector that pops up.

Edited by roaku

MangoMC

Ok. That explains the icon. Great

But active is everywhere off. No matter which library I select at the top. But my movies have the badge

roaku
5 minutes ago, MangoMC said:

But active is everywhere off. No matter which library I select at the top. But my movies have the badge

Did you have the previous 1.x version of the plugin installed before installing this 2.0 beta?

If so, try clearing your browser's html/javascript cache.

Also, it's possible you're seeing badges from the previous version. Have you confirmed that the badges on your covers match your new rules/icons?

MangoMC

Im using the plugin with dev console open and no cache to see everything i change.

But yes i used v1 before, deleted the dll and config

roaku
42 minutes ago, MangoMC said:

added a new rule for Series now, works like i want, but not active :D

What browser are you using?

roaku
8 minutes ago, MangoMC said:

Chrome

Alright, thanks. I'll take a look.

MangoMC

I sadly found another bug. Sometimes the icons have a different size. See the attached picture. And sometimes they are completely missing

I only found that bug in the Android Beta app. Atv it's the same size everywhere what I tested. Maybe something @Lukeneeds to look at

Already cleared the app storage and cache 

Screenshot_20210831-202818_Emby.png

Edited by MangoMC

roaku
11 minutes ago, MangoMC said:

I sadly found another bug. Sometimes the icons have a different size. See the attached picture. And sometimes they are completely missing

I only found that bug in the Android Beta app. Atv it's the same size everywhere what I tested. Maybe something @Lukeneeds to look at

Already cleared the app storage and cache 

Screenshot_20210831-202818_Emby.png

What OS are you running Emby on?

This looks like a behavior I've already fixed for the image processor most Emby builds use, but haven't gotten to yet for the less common one.

roaku
33 minutes ago, MangoMC said:

Ubuntu x64 18.04 LTS

Docker image 

And 4.6.4.0

Hmm, that could be a case where the client is resizing the image after server processing, then. Iconic wouldn't be able to do anything about that.

If you can attach the source images for that row to a post, I can do some further testing.

Edit:

Looks like those episode images are straight from TVDB and have consistent aspect ratios and even resolution, so I'm not sure what would cause what you're seeing, other than an outdated image sticking around due to caching somewhere on the client or server.

Did you have the badge configured at both of those sizes at different points in time?

60a7be6714d25.jpg

612d9b402dfe6.jpg

Edited by roaku

roaku
On 8/30/2021 at 1:05 PM, MangoMC said:

I've tracked this one down and fixed it. Thanks for spotting it.

MangoMC

I removed the rule in series for testing right now. Both the small and big icon disappeared. 

After setting the rule again. Both reappear. 

So no other rule or setting that makes that icon in small 

Removed the whole cache directory. No changes

MangoMC

I guess i found the reason, dont know why, but emby used a much bigger image for that episode 1920x1080

When i choose the 640x360 one everyhting is ok

Dont know why emby grabbed the big image

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, MangoMC said:

I guess i found the reason, dont know why, but emby used a much bigger image for that episode 1920x1080

Hm, that could present a lot of issues on my collection, as I have various-resolution thumbs, depending where they were scraped from  (or even screen-grabbed), ranging from TVDB's 640x360 to own 1080p to TMDB's 4K. Don't know at which point Iconic applies badges, I sincerely hope it's on cached ones per device. 

3 hours ago, MangoMC said:

2 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

Hm, that could present a lot of issues on my collection, as I have various-resolution thumbs, depending where they were scraped from  (or even screen-grabbed), ranging from TVDB's 640x360 to own 1080p to TMDB's 4K. Don't know at which point Iconic applies badges, I sincerely hope it's on cached ones per device. 

*Normally*, that's not an issue, as Iconic resizes each image to a common size *before* drawing the badges to avoid this specific situation.

The question is why it's managing to happen here anyway.

Edited by roaku

Ok, I've tracked down and hopefully fixed the badge sizing inconsistency.

I have some compensation in place to keep the badge sizes proportionate across the different source image aspect ratios (poster,4:3,16:9, etc). I had left in a scale factor derived from the *original* resolution of a source image before resizing. This was imperceptible in most cases, but there were situations (very low/very high resolution source image) that caused the badge size to be scaled incorrectly due to math being hard.

I've attached an updated beta build here:

I

MangoMC
3 hours ago, roaku said:

Ok, I've tracked down and hopefully fixed the badge sizing inconsistency.

I have some compensation in place to keep the badge sizes proportionate across the different source image aspect ratios (poster,4:3,16:9, etc). I had left in a scale factor derived from the *original* resolution of a source image before resizing. This was imperceptible in most cases, but there were situations (very low/very high resolution source image) that caused the badge size to be scaled incorrectly due to math being hard.

I've attached an updated beta build here:

I

Both bugs are fixed for me, changed the poster again to the big one and the 4k icon is the size i want :D

Perfect. Thx :)

• Like 1