Plugin - Iconic Image Enhancer

roaku

Asdepique777

Hi roaku

Regarding the collection rule, is it possible to have a "any" condition ? I would like to have a commun icon if any movie is in a collection (but not a specific one) 

Thanks 👍

roaku
4 minutes ago, Asdepique777 said:

Hi roaku

Regarding the collection rule, is it possible to have a "any" condition ? I would like to have a commun icon if any movie is in a collection (but not a specific one) 

Thanks 👍

Possibly. I'll add it to the list to investigate.

• Like 1

horstepipe

hopefully I am not blind, but it looks like the option isn't there. There is a FileName rule, but it looks like I can't setup a rule depending on the folder the media is in as I can do in CoverArt? Is there another way to set this up or would you please mind adding it into a later version?

roaku
23 minutes ago, horstepipe said:

hopefully I am not blind, but it looks like the option isn't there. There is a FileName rule, but it looks like I can't setup a rule depending on the folder the media is in as I can do in CoverArt? Is there another way to set this up or would you please mind adding it into a later version?

I'm not familiar with what you're trying to do or what the other plugin does, so please describe exactly what you're wanting Iconic to do.

horstepipe
7 minutes ago, roaku said:

I'm not familiar with what you're trying to do or what the other plugin does, so please describe exactly what you're wanting Iconic to do.

sorry.

basically I have three pathes with movies in it.

/A/...

/B/...

/C/...

I just want to apply rule 1 to A, rule 2 to B and rule 3 to C directories

Edited by horstepipe

roaku
1 minute ago, horstepipe said:

sorry.

basically I have three pathes with movies in it.

/A/...

/B/...

/C/...

I just want to apply rule 1 to A, rule 2 to B and rule 3 to C

Ok, thanks. I plan to add some sort of folder based grouping, but I was thinking users would create a separate group of rules for each library folder they select.

Library Folder 1 -> Rule 1a, Rule 2a, Rule 3a

Library Folder 2 -> Rule 1b, Rule 2b, Rule 3b

Would that work for you?

• Thanks 1

horstepipe

with my current setup it won't work but I can set it up with ease to make it work, thanks!

• 1 month later...
roaku
3 hours ago, horstepipe said:

Hey @roaku

don‘t want to rush, would just like to know if it is still on your list?

Yes.

• Thanks 1

atomicmoon

Wanted to say thank you for such a great plugin!

I'm currently using it to indicate foreign languages and eagerly awaiting the ability to add more icons to tag movies I have on streaming services, Google, Vudu, iTunes, etc.

Thanks again for your time and efforts in this!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
roaku

An update on the current state of Iconic development:

I've been working on making the configuration Library driven. That means the ability to have different badge styling and rules per library and the ability to activate/deactivate per library.

Right now, movie and TV Show type libraries are functional.

iconic-library-selector.thumb.png.ed47639dd17caf05bc82da40533ebcea.png

Speaking of TV shows, initial support for Show level icons is functional. I still need to build a UI mechanism to filter the New Rule list based on type. Once that's in place, I'll be working on adding support for Collections, TV Seasons, and TV Episodes:

iconic-tv.png.3dee18b236bf28d0bc75bca92fb3cbc1.png

As soon as all that's finished and mostly bug free, I'll package these features up as a new release.

After that, there will be a sincere attempt to implement the custom font set idea.

I can't offer any specific time frame for delivering any of this, but it is happening. :)

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
horstepipe
On 6/1/2021 at 6:45 PM, roaku said:

Ok, thanks. I plan to add some sort of folder based grouping, but I was thinking users would create a separate group of rules for each library folder they select.

Library Folder 1 -> Rule 1a, Rule 2a, Rule 3a

Library Folder 2 -> Rule 1b, Rule 2b, Rule 3b

Would that work for you?

On 7/18/2021 at 6:12 AM, roaku said:

An update on the current state of Iconic development:

I've been working on making the configuration Library driven. That means the ability to have different badge styling and rules per library and the ability to activate/deactivate per library.

Right now, movie and TV Show type libraries are functional.

iconic-library-selector.thumb.png.ed47639dd17caf05bc82da40533ebcea.png

Speaking of TV shows, initial support for Show level icons is functional. I still need to build a UI mechanism to filter the New Rule list based on type. Once that's in place, I'll be working on adding support for Collections, TV Seasons, and TV Episodes:

iconic-tv.png.3dee18b236bf28d0bc75bca92fb3cbc1.png

As soon as all that's finished and mostly bug free, I'll package these features up as a new release.

After that, there will be a sincere attempt to implement the custom font set idea.

I can't offer any specific time frame for delivering any of this, but it is happening. :)

hey

if I understand your plans right, this won’t work at my situation. Before we were talking about library FOLDERS, so different folders WITHIN one library. That’s the way how you can set it up with CoverArt.

but from your recent post it looks like you only plan these rules on different libraries, not on library folders…?

Best regards!

roaku
23 minutes ago, horstepipe said:

hey

if I understand your plans right, this won’t work at my situation. Before we were talking about library FOLDERS, so different folders WITHIN one library. That’s the way how you can set it up with CoverArt.

but from your recent post it looks like you only plan these rules on different libraries, not on library folders…?

Best regards!

Yes, I understand that the library selector feature itself is not the solution to your request.

But it does need to be implemented before I can add the feature you're requesting.

• Thanks 1

horstepipe
6 minutes ago, roaku said:

Yes, I understand that the library selector feature itself is not the solution to your request.

But it does need to be implemented before I can add the feature you're requesting.

thanks for clarification!

tomnjerry74

Really awesome plugin, thanks! Unfortunately It never saves the icon I choose, always defaulting back to "mode_comment / e253". I've saved multiple times, turned plugin on and off, refreshed metadata, cleared cache, but it always resets back to that icon. All of the other input settings are saved successfully.

Running 1.1.1.0

GrimReaper
6 hours ago, tomnjerry74 said:

Really awesome plugin, thanks! Unfortunately It never saves the icon I choose, always defaulting back to "mode_comment / e253". I've saved multiple times, turned plugin on and off, refreshed metadata, cleared cache, but it always resets back to that icon. All of the other input settings are saved successfully.

Running 1.1.1.0

Where are you selecting the icons? You should do that by clicking on the icon just in front of the Rule name, the big one in the interface is just sample type. 

GrimReaper

Hey up, @roaku

Does the PropertyValue field accept multiple entries? 

If yes, what's the relation between them? What's the expression to be used? Does it support conditional logical operators?

If not, could we get a CLO-type rule, where a single PropertyType could be weighed against multiple Values, with AND OR NOT between them? 

An example of the desired outcome, what the unregistered version actually does in one of the specificic-use cases (although by different logic, but the end-result is what matters): I've got three separate rules for localized subtitles (Croatian, Serbian, Bosnian); all three rules have same PropertyType and icon/color, hence - by limitation of the unregistered version, where only first applicable rule returns an icon - a single icon would show if ANY of those is present, i.e. single language, combination of any two of them or all three, only single icon was returned as an indicator there's local subtitles present. Which is simply great, as there's no need for two or three of them. Could same be achieved in the registered version? 

Thanks. 

tomnjerry74
3 hours ago, GrimReaper76 said:

Where are you selecting the icons? You should do that by clicking on the icon just in front of the Rule name, the big one in the interface is just sample type. 

Let's see if I can win dumbest person of the year 😂. Thank you LOL. I think I kept skipping over that because it's the tag icon I'm used to seeing all over emby IDK.

• Haha 1

GrimReaper
5 minutes ago, tomnjerry74 said:

Let's see if I can win dumbest person of the year 😂. Thank you LOL. I think I kept skipping over that because it's the tag icon I'm used to seeing all over emby IDK.

Maybe some helper text would be beneficial there, to prevent possible future re-occurrences. 

roaku
3 hours ago, GrimReaper76 said:

Hey up, @roaku

Does the PropertyValue field accept multiple entries? 

If yes, what's the relation between them? What's the expression to be used? Does it support conditional logical operators?

If not, could we get a CLO-type rule, where a single PropertyType could be weighed against multiple Values, with AND OR NOT between them?

It doesn't currently exist, but it was discussed somewhere in this thread and I have an open issue in my tracker covering it.

An example of the desired outcome, what the unregistered version actually does in one of the specificic-use cases (although by different logic, but the end-result is what matters): I've got three separate rules for localized subtitles (Croatian, Serbian, Bosnian); all three rules have same PropertyType and icon/color, hence - by limitation of the unregistered version, where only first applicable rule returns an icon - a single icon would show if ANY of those is present, i.e. single language, combination of any two of them or all three, only single icon was returned as an indicator there's local subtitles present. Which is simply great, as there's no need for two or three of them. Could same be achieved in the registered version?

The registered version should work the same way for you in this case.

The reason is that when there's more than one rule with the same icon, there's no way to tell visually which one matched, so Iconic just displays a single badge/icon for those cases to avoid wasting image real estate.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
roaku

Update update:

I've removed the beta attachment because 2.0 is now available through the catalog. Thanks to everyone who helped with the testing.

Update:

I've attached a new build with bug fixes for:

• The config UI wasn't updating the display of the Library active state after initial page load
  • Badges could sometimes be sized incorrectly due to a bug in the aspect ratio compensation

Thanks to @MangoMC for spotting these.

----------------------------------------

Here's a beta for Iconic 2.0, for anyone who'd like to test and/or get a taste of the new features.

The 2.0 release *will not* be compatible with existing Iconic 1.x configuration files, so it's important to back up your [emby-path]/plugins/configurations/Iconic.xml
file if you will want to revert to 1.0 and/or use it as a reference to more easily recreate your existing configuration in the 2.0 UI.

The reason for the incompatibility and big version jump is purely a technical requirement of implementing the new feature set. All existing Iconic 1.0 registrations will apply to Iconic 2.0.

On to the new features, which hopefully make the extra upgrade work worth it.

• First, Iconic configurations now apply per Library. This means you can create badge styles and rules independently for each of your Libraries. You can also activate/deactivate Iconic per library.
  • Second, Iconic now has *initial* support for TV Libraries.
           - Series and Seasons support Tags rules while Episodes support MediaStream, Tags, FileName, and MultiVersion rules.
  • Third, Iconic now has *initial* support for Collection (Boxset) Libraries with the Tags rule.
  • Lastly, Movie Library support has been expanded to support applying MediaStream, Tags, Filename, and Collection/Playlist rules to Extras associated with that movie.

As for this beta release, everything is working for me, but this is a big expansion of functionality and UI complexity, so there's a decent chance many bugs and surprises are lurking just around the corner. I appreciate your help and patience in tracking them down.

Edited by roaku
  • Like 3

tmb4016

Hi roaku - Thanks for the update - this seems like some major improvements to what was already a great plugin.

It is all looking good from my initial testing of the version 2.0 - Not done huge numbers of rules yet but so far so good.

Initial testing ...

Existing functionality

• upgrade to new version - all good no issues having backed up old config. This helped as a reference for the initial setup of new version.
  • reproduced current setup on two different movie libraries - all good including TAG, File name, Collection and multi-version rules.

New Functionality

• modified rules on different movie libraries to change icon colour and setup - all good so far with the correct differences being applied.
  • added tag rule to Movie extra's - all worked fine.
  • added tag rules to collection library - successfully applied the rules no problem on both Movie, TV and Music Collection types
  • added tag rules to tv shows - all works as expected.
  • added tag rules to tv seasons -all works fine
  • added tag rules to shows - all works fine

Observations

• if you have lots of rules setting up on multiple libraries with the same rules can take a bit of time if using the UI (I edited the xml but is obviously prone to errors)- an option to copy a ruleset from one library to another would be useful -although only for initial setup.
  • I've only done basic testing particularly on the TV side of things as I don't have many tags configured but will now look at what icons would be good to display now the functionality is available. One idea that comes to mind for the future if it is possible is to be able to read the standard attribute Status for an Series so their can be a rule for the broadcast status - like Ended, Continuing - currently this is not displayed in the web UI so an icon would be great.
  • One slight anomaly comes about from the collection rules when used with the option 'Group Items by Collection' is ticked ... If you use different colours for the item library and Collection library then the badges show a colour difference in the same view. In the screenshot of the 'Movies' Library - the badge colour for Movies is blue. The Collection library is Green. so when viewing the Movies library I see a mixed colour palette from the two rulesets. Not sure it is an issue in general and not a problem for me but just so you are aware...

mixed.png.bd38690de63b0eb21f78d45209e2b39d.png

Will do some more testing particularly with the TV side of things.

Thanks again for some great enhancements and continued work.

Edited by tmb4016
typo correction
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

roaku

@tmb4016 thanks for the thorough write up!

- The show status is a great idea for a TV rule. I'll look into whether or not that info is readily available from Iconic's point of view.

- The collection images in the movie library context is expected behavior since the Emby image api doesn't know anything about the UI context of the image requests. I don't think there's any way around that behavior other than configuring to avoid it or color coordinating so that it looks awesome.

- I've got a library configuration 'clone' option on my to do list. I hope to get to it someday. :)

Thanks again for testing.

tmb4016

No problems.

with regard to the collections - it is not a problem for me - I only noticed it because I was artificially changing the config to see the functionality. It was just to make you aware. It is a very specific use case anyway and probable one of those where you can not please everybody anyway.

Thanks again