Plugin - Iconic Image Enhancer

roaku

roaku
24 minutes ago, luundblad said:

What is ImageMagickSharp? :)

It's a low level library that makes it easier to work with the even lower level ImageMagick library that some Emby builds depend on.

It's not interesting for end users, and it doesn't add anything for users that were already using the plugin.

I should have just said 'add limited support for additional Emby server platforms'.

Edited by roaku

tmb4016

With the risk of asking a silly question - What is the Collections Rule type supposed to do...

I cannot get it to process anything.

roaku
2 hours ago, tmb4016 said:

With the risk of asking a silly question - What is the Collections Rule type supposed to do...

I cannot get it to process anything.

You give the rule the name of a collection or playlist that you've created, then any movies that are in that collection/playlist will get the assigned icon for that rule.

tmb4016

Hi roaku,

OK - I was expecting an icon on the actual collection so that explains my error... However on testing the rule I had been playing with I still do not see any processing on the individual movies... I do not see any errors in the log file and it does appear as if the plugin is triggering but no icon displayed... 

image.png.6baa608a5cfbebc50a4e8a943ed7fe59.png

image.png.5275bb67e92bd4ea020aad7a0453f922.png

image.thumb.png.192eb21a0da2eeeae9e54a191cd708ae.png

It is not critical for me but it would be interesting to find the issue. I am more interested in having icons appear on Collection posters for things like tags etc. I am nmot sure if this is on you roadmap.

Thanks again for the explanation and the great plugin so far.

roaku

@tmb4016

Hmm...

Iconic is working for your other rules? It's just this one rule that's failing?

When you go to the main list of movies and scroll to the 8MM movies, is the icon missing there, too?

-------

And yes, rules for Collections and TV will be coming in the future.

roaku
1 hour ago, MangoMC said:

Hey,

would it possible to add a 4k icon where the 4k is not transparent, Maybe just white or black font

Right now, only icons from Google's Material Design Icon Rounded font set are available.

I do hope to offer users the ability to add their own icons in the future.

This is how that feature would work:

• Like 2

tmb4016

@roaku - Yes iconic is working great on the other rule sets. Mainly tag but one filestream and one filename. It also works on those movies for example if I add an appropriate tag so it is specific to the Collection rule set.

Yes even if I browse those movies from the main Movie library rather than the collections view the icon is missing. I've tried a couple of others as well. The 8 mm one just happened to be the first collection.

Should have pointed out this is on the beta build 4.6.0.37 and it was a new library build so all collections have been built from scratch using the new methodology rather than migrated.

Edited by tmb4016
corrected

roaku
7 hours ago, tmb4016 said:

@roaku - Yes iconic is working great on the other rule sets. Mainly tag but one filestream and one filename. It also works on those movies for example if I add an appropriate tag so it is specific to the Collection rule set.

Yes even if I browse those movies from the main Movie library rather than the collections view the icon is missing. I've tried a couple of others as well. The 8 mm one just happened to be the first collection.

Should have pointed out this is on the beta build 4.6.0.37 and it was a new library build so all collections have been built from scratch using the new methodology rather than migrated.

Ok, ya, the beta is likely the answer here.

I'll update the plugin as needed to support the changes the next release brings, but I don't try to support the beta builds.

crusher11

Any chance this could be added to the thumbnails that are generated for movie extras? Some extras have audio commentaries, but unlike movies there's no way to show that at present.

roaku
38 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

Any chance this could be added to the thumbnails that are generated for movie extras? Some extras have audio commentaries, but unlike movies there's no way to show that at present.

I've made a note to look into it when I refactor to support Collections and TV shows.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
crusher11

Good to know. Updates used to be pretty frequent, but it's been over a month since you even posted about it and I know there were things you at least wanted to work on, so I wasn't sure.

roaku

I haven't run into any issues yet with Iconic on Emby Server 4.6.0.50. 😅

Please let me know if any of you find an upgrade problem that needs my attention.

15 minutes ago, roaku said:

I haven't run into any issues yet with Iconic on Emby Server 4.6.0.50. 😅

Oh man, I hope you don't jinx yourself. LOL

roaku
11 minutes ago, cayars said:

Oh man, I hope you don't jinx yourself. LOL

Knock on silicon...

• Haha 1

tmb4016

I still am not seeing the Collections rule working.

I've added some movies to a collection called 100 Poster - When I check the movie library the image for movies included in the Collection do not display the iconic image.

image.thumb.png.ce0372ae9cea1845f5d062036e8cfcdd.png

However from the Movie Library ... 

image.png.cd206c11863c7ddea1c8d7e53db92a68.png

There is no enhancement.

The configuration is shown below....

image.png.2dfa0962c57fd5669a89cbb0dcc99147.png

All other rules seem to be fine.

Running 4.6.0.52

Initial though this was beta related but still there...

roaku
2 hours ago, tmb4016 said:

I still am not seeing the Collections rule working.

I've added some movies to a collection called 100 Poster - When I check the movie library the image for movies included in the Collection do not display the iconic image.

image.thumb.png.ce0372ae9cea1845f5d062036e8cfcdd.png

However from the Movie Library ... 

image.png.cd206c11863c7ddea1c8d7e53db92a68.png

There is no enhancement.

The configuration is shown below....

image.png.2dfa0962c57fd5669a89cbb0dcc99147.png

All other rules seem to be fine.

Running 4.6.0.52

Initial though this was beta related but still there...

I'm taking a look at this now.

The two "Three idiots" images look identical to me.  What am I missing...?

roaku
1 minute ago, ebr said:

The two "Three idiots" images look identical to me.  What am I missing...?

I think they're saying that the Collections rule isn't working in any view, but the 'however' phrasing is misleading.

That's the behavior I'm seeing, anyway, for *newly created* collections in 4.6.x.

I had only checked that my existing collections and playlists were still having their icons generated after upgrading to 4.6.x.

I suspect my query to retrieve a collection/playlist's items needs attention.

tmb4016

@roaku - yep apologies for the confusion. 

The movie image should show an iconic treatment because it is in a collection that is covered by the rule. No treatment is happening though hence the image does not include the icon. When I check the logs the iconic plugin is not being triggered for this item only the coverart.

@ebr  - yes you are correct they are identical and should be but they should include an iconic icon in the bottom left...

Cheers

Edited by tmb4016

roaku
6 minutes ago, tmb4016 said:

@roaku - yep apologies for the confusion. 

The movie image should show an iconic treatment because it is in a collection that is covered by the rule. No treatment is happening though hence the image does not include the icon. When I check the logs the iconic plugin is not being triggered for this item only the coverart.

@ebr  - yes you are correct they are identical and should be but they should include an iconic icon in the bottom left...

Cheers

No problem.

Please install Iconic version 1.1.1 from your Plugin - Catalog view, restart, and let me know if that solves the Collection rule problem for you.

• Thanks 1

tmb4016

Hi roaku - Upgraded to 1.1.1 and I can confirm the Collection Rules now show correctly for Collections created in the latest version.

image.png.d606c3fb655404ed3f6e26a093469d2c.png

Thanks for the speedy response and the great plugin again.

• Like 1