Live Tv icons/images on Home Screen

jordy

I have recently changed from curating my own TV Guide to using an xmltv file produced by IceTv.

Since then I am having an issue where the LiveTV images - "On Now" are not presented correctly on first opening the Home Page - see 1st image below. Notice that the images are portrait but the surrounded are landscape. I have contacted IceTV and they assure me that their images are all portrait and should display properly.

If I refresh the Home Page when images look like this, the presentation is corrected every time - as 2nd image below.

Could you guys have a look at it thanks. It could be a FF (v85.0 (64-bit)) issue as Chrome seems to be OK.

image.thumb.png.87522aac0a8524d25efa1b9a3744d8ac.png

image.thumb.png.6f88f753a366c44d7ef02828067c406c.png

It has been like that for a very long time in every app then after you come back it fixes it self. I reported it few times in ATV forums but never fixed.

@Luke and @Ebr is there anything we can do to assist in getting this display issue fixed as it has been there since day 1. 

3 hours ago, denz said:

@Luke and @Ebr is there anything we can do to assist in getting this display issue fixed as it has been there since day 1. 

@denzThanks for chiming in on this, it appears that your voice carries more weight with the dev team than mine does ;)

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, denz said:

I am just surprised that there is only us too. 

Maybe it's an aussie thing...

BTW, hope you are safe from the fires over there. it looks awful.

@luke, the home page is not the only page with this issue. The "Programmes" tab also has it, but only on a couple of the rows, also the "Schedules" tab

image.thumb.png.f874bfe0b90ded70170fb9ff9cfa9463.pngimage.thumb.png.7e4d0aea147f6bf3544269a9465fead0.png

I only get is the smoke. It is terrible what is happening first we are in lockdown and now the fires so far no deaths or major injuries hopefully it stays that way.   

• Like 1

In Android tv when you go back it fixes it a bit but far from perfect 

picture 3 is first time you go to live tv picture 2 and 1 is after you go from another tab. After couple of times going to different tabs and back all are displayed properly’ if you look a the last picture tanked is proper size.

DB158B17-0AE7-4F5B-804D-16FAD4862ED2.jpeg

4431FA35-C9F8-4BCE-B7E5-05726025E3C5.jpeg

F2395710-45EB-4785-BF7E-0B13001843C7.jpeg

image.jpg

Edited by denz

@denz@Luke,

Not sure if you've done anything Luke, but it seems to be fixed for me in the WebUI. However, its still an issue with ATV on my 2017 Shield with the latest nVidia update (8.2.2).

I'll keep checking on both.

EDIT: I'll have to rescind that "fixed" statement for the WebUI.

Not sure what the page is called but, Go to the LiveTV / Channels page, select a channel, select a program from the listing and...

image.thumb.png.095df87f7b54a3bccd41e10a2ba2bf26.png

Edited by jordy
additional info

This all sounds like the images are just being very slow to load and, perhaps, timing out in some situations.  The ATV app tries multiple times when images fail to load.

I need to fix the fact that all the images are not the same height in that first view though so I'll do that.

57 minutes ago, ebr said:

This all sounds like the images are just being very slow to load and, perhaps, timing out in some situations.  The ATV app tries multiple times when images fail to load.

I need to fix the fact that all the images are not the same height in that first view though so I'll do that.

My first thought on reading this: If all of these images (slow to load or not) end up being displayed in poster view (which they do), why not make the image placeholder a matching poster instead of the current landscape style rectangle? I think that would look much better even if the images are slow to load - at least the blank placeholders would match the populated posters and not look really out of place.

The weird image heights may be related to you having that old option to show the cards turned on.  If you turn that off, does that problem go away (the varying heights in your first image)?

8 hours ago, ebr said:

The weird image heights may be related to you having that old option to show the cards turned on.  If you turn that off, does that problem go away (the varying heights in your first image)?

the 'weird' image heights were presented by @denz. Mine are all  the same size just the wrong orientation :)

Well if you're on the beta channel then please try the next one. It's an odd one because I can't reproduce with Emby guide data, however I also can't see why it would be different for any other guide data source. I've made one adjustment that I think that might help though.

If I disable the cards it seems to fix it much quicker you only need to go to another screen and back to get them all displayed properly. I like the card display hopefully that doesn't get taken away to fix this issue. 

3 hours ago, Luke said:

Well if you're on the beta channel then please try the next one. It's an odd one because I can't reproduce with Emby guide data, however I also can't see why it would be different for any other guide data source. I've made one adjustment that I think that might help though.

i'm currently on beta .22 - no sign of .23 yet

11 hours ago, denz said:

If I disable the cards it seems to fix it much quicker you only need to go to another screen and back to get them all displayed properly. I like the card display hopefully that doesn't get taken away to fix this issue. 

But what about the image sizes?  Even when some don't load, are they all the same height without the card option enabled?

@denz to me this looks like a guide issue where you get different size posters for Movies vs Series.
Does that sound correct?

1 hour ago, cayars said:

@denz to me this looks like a guide issue where you get different size posters for Movies vs Series.
Does that sound correct?

I don't think so. @denz and I use the same Guide Source - IceTV and my Images are all the same size. It's just the image placeholders that appear to be incorrectly orientated.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cayars said:

Does that sound correct?

Not really.  If there is no image (or it fails to load) the app will choose a thumb layout in order to fit more of the title of the item into the image (see: Tennis: ATP Cup).  This is all fine.  The only issue I'm trying to figure out is why that thumb is not the same height as the poster next to it.  I don't see how that is happening...

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ebr said:

Not really.  If there is no image (or it fails to load) the app will choose a thumb layout in order to fit more of the title of the item into the image (see: Tennis: ATP Cup).  This is all fine.  The only issue I'm trying to figure out is why that thumb is not the same height as the poster next to it.  I don't see how that is happening...

Ok, that sounds good, but in practice it doesn't work very well. see the "NFL Season" image. that is if fact a poster provided by IceTV where there is no "Official" series image - it looks as ugly as it gets

• Like 1

If you need the icetv xml file I or Jordy can PM you the file for testing it would be good to get it correctly displayed.

• Like 1