Get recorded Films into Films Folder automatically

riverboat2001

riverboat2001

When I record a film, they end up in the Recorded TV folder.

Then I have to find them in the Recoded TV folder, delete the nfo (As this will always try to "attach/write?" a tv series to the name) Then drag the film and its folder to the Films folder.

Should i edit the categories fields to make this happen automatically?

If not, is it possible to have a switch that will move the file if it is over 90mins long?

rbjtech

Have you tried the 'Auto Organise' plugin as it works for Films as well.  I believe you can specify to record TV and Films in separate folders, and then set Auto Organise to pick up from the relevant folder only (if you don't want recorded TV added).

As always - have a backup of files before you start to experiment - but I believe this could work for you.

• Like 1

riverboat2001
7 hours ago, rbjtech said:

Have you tried the 'Auto Organise' plugin as it works for Films as well.  I believe you can specify to record TV and Films in separate folders, and then set Auto Organise to pick up from the relevant folder only (if you don't want recorded TV added).

As always - have a backup of files before you start to experiment - but I believe this could work for you.

No I haven't. I'll have a look tomorrow. Thank You.

How does one find out what a plugin actually does, is there a page on the forums that actually lists them?

Edited by riverboat2001

Ronstang

When I set up my DVR in Emby in December these were the paths that I was asked to choose.

image.png.6e970d9a2c2eb46570f1bc1a8b8765c3.png

Once I did so my TV shows record to their path, each in it own folder and then into season folders within those.  The movies all record into their own folders with the title of the film and the year in parenthesis with the TS file, nfo file, and a poster jpg in each of those individual folders.

I am using the latest Beta version of the server.  What version of the server are you using?  If you don't have these paths as option under the DVR section in the dashboard maybe you should switch to the latest Beta release.

• Like 1

rbjtech

ok great - so all you need to do now is setup the Auto Organise plugin in 'Movie' to point to this Recording Folder.

I would suggest you 'copy' the files to start with and once you are happy with the results, then select to 'move' instead and it will clean up the Recording Movie folder as it goes.

autoorg.PNG

Edited by rbjtech
  • Like 1

No, you can't point auto-organize to a folder that is already in the emby library. It will skip and do nothing.

All you need to do is configure your movie recording path in dvr settings and you're done.

rbjtech

Right - my bad - so set the Movies Recording path in the DVR to 'E:\Films' in the OP's case.

• Like 2