New install but something's gone wrong. Forbidden received when accessing http://localhost:8096

HB3238

I am having an issue. I installed the app v4.5.4 on the gen2 WD MyCloud (firmware 2.41.116). Loaded the wizard page and started to create profile and setup libraries. I got an email asking to Confirm Emby Account Link. Then after clicking something to connect external devices all I get when trying to connect to is Forbidden (when entering localhost:8096, 192.168.1.xx:8096 external IP:8096) or even going into the Android App and trying to add server...We're unable to connect to the selected server right now. Please ensure it is up and running. 

I have uninstalled, deleted Emby directory from NAS using SSH, reinstalled. Turned off server and back on repeatedly. Waited for it to start. Nothing. 8096 is an open port on canyouseeme.org. 

I’ve tried to copy the embyserver.txt log file but it never copies over (to Windows 10 laptop or Linux laptop – which are different devices not dual boot) – probably syntax as I’ve tried scp embyserver.txt ~/Desktop/ from within mnt/HD/HD_a2/emby/logs directory and scp mnt/HD/HD_a2/emby/logs.embeyserver.txt ~/Desktop/ and multiple variations from either Terminal scp root@192.168.1.xx: mnt/HD/HD_a2/emby/logs.emberserver.txt ~/  Sometimes it looks like it’s going to work but when I put the root access password in it just says permission denied

I'm at a total loss as to what is causing the error. I just want to try again from a clean install but when (I think) I do all I get the forbidden error in any Browser on multiple devices when trying to configure this. 

Port forward 8096 HTTP in both WD MyCloud and at Router and both say OK (or Open)

Thank you, Andrew

Uninstalled, re-started server, did another install and the Forbidden problem has gone - still cannot get to the wizard page to set up server and libraries. App will not let me add server either. 

I will keep trying stuff until someone is able to help/suggest stuff.

Thank you

Andy

Just updated to 4.6.0.22, still no joy connecting to 8096 landing page. image.png.14c50562b37a2635a3e22fecd62995ac.png

I know that the firewall and router are set correctly because I installed Emby on my Linux laptop - went to 8096 correctly, skipped the sign in to start the process to create libraries. Need a bit of work to input the paths correctly - looking for answer in the Forums on the Internet. is it \\WDMYCLOUD\Public etc?  

Thanks,

Andy

image.thumb.png.3c02a8cc0642729b5b07ee9bfe379731.png

Well stone the crows. I deleted Gen2 software  from my Gen2 machine (firmware 2.40.116) and installed Gen1 Emby Server Beta 4.6.0.22 and I'm in. Very odd indeed!! Now to set it up. I might be back on another question.

Thanks

Andy

image.png.e749bda08ac3fa8ff5b0db71a7fe8730.png

That's the one I used. It's not very stable and the library does not seem to set up fully - loads of items missing. I will persevere and try and get it working better. I have to keep re-starting the MyCloud

Edited by HB3238

• 3 weeks later...

Just to update you. I've stopped the server running as it's causing issues on the WD - locking up and not updating items - so I've come to the conclusion it is not powerful enough to run Emby as well as the Twonky. I don't want to turn the Twonky off in case it doesn't start up again. Anyway I'm actively looking to get a raspberry pi to act as an intermediary and then be able to run the app other than DLNA and away from home on 4G or WiFi. I might be a few weeks but I will let you know how I get on. Thank you for your help

Andrew

On 2/22/2021 at 9:17 AM, HB3238 said:

Just to update you. I've stopped the server running as it's causing issues on the WD - locking up and not updating items - so I've come to the conclusion it is not powerful enough to run Emby as well as the Twonky. I don't want to turn the Twonky off in case it doesn't start up again. Anyway I'm actively looking to get a raspberry pi to act as an intermediary and then be able to run the app other than DLNA and away from home on 4G or WiFi. I might be a few weeks but I will let you know how I get on. Thank you for your help

Andrew

Thanks for the feedback.