Two Libraries, one source, containing both Mp3 (audio) and Mp4 (videos) files

MarchandMiel

MarchandMiel

Hi,

I use one single source containing both Music and Videos files, organized by Music Styles and then Artists.

I configured two libraries : One for music, the other for the videos. I want to browse by Folders, as my hard disk is well organized.

If I ask Emby to scan one of them, it scans them both at once.

After the scan, I can only see content in the Music library and nothing in the Videos library.

I already tried with two different sources, one for music and one for videos, and it works, but I need Emby to scan one single source and produce two different libraries with different media.

I also tried using a Mixed Content Source, but no result at all.

Is it a bug in Emby ? How can I view videos in the same source ?

Thanks,

Hello MarchandMiel,

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

Hi, you do not want to have multiple libraries pointing at the same folders as that would duplicate content.

Either separate the content out by type of use one library for this content.

MarchandMiel

In theory, content of this source not supposed to be duplicate because the two libraires scan for different sources : one for Music, the other for Videos.

image.png

But you want to avoid having the same path in multiple libraries, hence my recommendation to separate the content or just use the music library.

Using a path in multiple libraries is generally OK as long as the libraries all use the same content type. Since that's not what you're doing, it's not going to work.

We'd like to be able to accommodate what you're doing in the future, but we're not quite there yet.

MarchandMiel

Ok, thanks for quick answer. I will use an old backup for my Music Video as I already merged them into one Folder for my DJ purposes.