Is Xteve Server Down? Why wont Xteve stay on? Keeps Stopping! Help!

test399

So i recently swapped out motherboards which also changed the IP address of my Emby server running on Win 10. It always causes me pain.

My problem is I have xteve running from a file on my pc and it wont stay on. I've tried using programs like Always Up (what i typically use for xteve) and Task Scheduler, and also tried starting from Services.msc but Xteve wont stay on.... It turns on for like 30 seconds then shuts off. I cant get my Emby guide working. My providers Xmltv file is impossible to use without Xteve. Thanks

Is there some cache i have to clear to get Xteve to stay on or something?

Or Are Xteve Servers broken or down? I know there was a big internet outage for Eastern USA yesterday for Verizon Fios.

Edited by test399

Spaceboy

i would check your xteve logs, i dont think xteve not being able to check for updates would cause it to crash

Ok, i think i need to uninstall and reinstall xteve.

How would one go about wiping xteve and its caches etc, and clean installing xteve?

I need to start over but dont know how.

Spaceboy

yeah there doesnt seem to be a way to see xteve logs outside of the web browser

just delete the xteve or the .xteve folder from your user folder (if windows) keeping a backup so you can restore if possible

i run xteve as a service using Non Sucking Service Manager

pwhodges

Indeed not!  It's the preferred way to set up Windows services.  I use it for my web server and such, as well as for Emby.

Paul

so i am going crazy here.

I even did a clean install of windows 10 and still for some reason, always up, my program of choice will start xteve if i click on start, but it doesnt stay on...

Can anyone think of any reason why xteve doesnt want to stay on? (i'm not talking about after a restart, xteve SHUTS DOWN minutes after MANUALLY starting???!!!#$ without reboot!!!) WTH!!!

Did i forget something during setup?  WTH is my XTEVE SHUTTING DOWN MINUTES AFTER STARTING IT !!!!!???????????????????????