Web interface now defaults all libraries with mixed content to open in "Videos" rather then "Folders"?

cd01

Previously when browsing a library setup using the "Home videos & photos" via the webgui it used the "folders" as a default, now for whatever reason it goes with Videos as default. Both "videos" and "photos" are terrible, it takes up so much resources as it runs some very badly written queries that if you have over 100 000 files you can expect emby to competely crash. Using folders works instantly. I personally would love to just completely hide videos and photos browse methods and only use folders, but i haven't been able to figure out how to do this.

How can i setup the library type home videos & photos to always default to Folders rather then what it does now (videos)?

Even better would be to setup all libraries using home videos & photos to default to folders and then completely hide the feature filter by video/photos because these 2 will instantly crash emby if you have a large amount of files. For example, i have over 1 million images in a library, using folders works flawlessly, but if you even touch the photos tab you will more or less crash emby because the query it executes (pretty much queries the entire library then sorts the files) you can imagine when there's over a million objects, its awful.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by cd01

Thomas64

I noticed this as well - and thought it was something I caused!

Any Library that has been setup as "Home Videos & Photos" now defaults to "Videos" when viewed. So, if you go into a library created only for Pictures - since the view now defaults to "Videos" - you initially get "No items found". I've found no way to change it back to defaulting to Folders either.

And I agree - if/since the media is organized by Folders - Folders should be the default landing spot. (I've never found a need to even use the Videos or Photos option - though don't mind it being there.)

Did it previoulsy detect if there was sub-folder structure to decide what to default to? I have one "Home Videos & Photos" Library for a few Videos that actually has no sub-folder in the structure - and it always defaulted to the Videos view. I just assumed it detected there was no sub-folder structure and acted accordingly - since all the other "Home Videos & Photos" Libraries that did have sub-folders previously just defaulted to Folder view..

12 hours ago, Luke said:

The default of folders will be restored for the next release. thanks.

Thank you luke! Sorry to ask a followup question but is there anyway you could include some sort of a way to completely hide the filters Videos / Photos / Folders when viewing a library that is setup as a "Home Videos & Photos" library?

These 2 filters are dangerous to us with large libraries of mixed files, i have a photo section and if someone clicks the filter photos under that share it will more or less crash emby as it queries the entire library and then tries to sort it, the best would be to be able to completely remove or hide these buttons so there are no accidents.

Cheers!

9 hours ago, Luke said:

That shouldn't crash the server. Can you please attach the emby server log from that? Thanks.

well doesn't crash if you wait 5+ minutes for the query to execute. that's not great. put 2 millons image albums in a share and try it yourself :)