Update NextPVR V5 plugin 3.7.0

emveepee

emveepee

There is an updated version of the NextPVR addon for Emby.   You will need to go to settings to activate it by acknowledging that you have read about donating for NextPVR.  How much you donate depends on you but some of you require NextPVR for Live TV via the addon or via an m3u file so the fact you consider Emby subscriptions worthwhile should be motivation enough.

The second change in setup is a new option to pass the filename of recordings to Emby rather than an http link.  If you are on a shared server or if files are recorded to a share with common naming this is the new recommended method compatible with future security enhancements in NextPVR.  The streaming mode is the same as in previous versions and you will need to tweak the server in the next version of NextPVR to continue to use this method.

There is a third potential mode for streaming but I am not sure that Emby supports it and unfortunately the API Developer support sub-forum isn't active these days.

Speaking of support if anyone can tell me how to make Emby rescan the NextPVR recording library that would be useful.  The only method I found was delete the entire library which is not very user friendly.

To install the plugin simple unzip it into you Emby plugins folder.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/wiki/sub3/NextPVR/utilities/downloads/LiveTV.Plugins.NextPVR-3.7.0.zip

Martin

Edited by emveepee
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

arrbee99

Downloaded and installed OK, kept the settings and kept the guide. Updated the guide and it stayed the same, so hopefully thats OK.

Seems to play dvb-s and iptv fine in Firefox so far. Haven't tried other browsers or Shield yet. Haven't tried recording anything yet. Hopefully tomorrow.

arrbee99

Fyi - recorded The Big Bang Theory on one tuner while watching the same thing using the other tuner last night. Worked fine. Just thought I'd mention.

Tested it out, multiple streams seem to be working fine. I was able to start and stop recordings with no issue. These are all IPTV streams, played on IOS, Firefox, and roku.

• 2 weeks later...
arrbee99

Was just asking in Emby and NextPVR forums if you can schedule a recording for something not in the guide.

So far, NextPVR says you can, so I tried it and it gives this in NextPVR -

2077194920_EmbyNextPVRrecordnotinguide.JPG.03d4485b8c15e11f5157c13aed71f8f5.JPG

If I update the Guide in Emby it also takes that item, which looks like this -

1525808891_EmbyNextPVRrecordnotinguide1.thumb.JPG.33a6cbb0f2fc539352250a749170492a.JPG

so I seem to be recording a program called 'All Channels'.

Think that might be a problem ?

arrbee99

And as soon as I post the above, problem solved - I just needed to name it properly in NextPVR. Duh.

muehlberger

Hi & great to see the comeback of the plugin!

I tried it out, but had one problem: playing channels which require the CI slot do not play in emby. 

For example: ORF1HD (which plays well through the NextPVR WebUi) does not start playing in emby. Whereas ZDF HD plays fine. ORF1 needs the CI slot which was integrated experimentally by sub.

The logfiles don't show any errors - so I'm a bit confused on where to start. 

emveepee

You would start with a separate thread for the issue with logs so we can log.  Also in that thread if you tried in Kodi let me know.

Martin

emveepee

From NextPVR you are wrong since the ts streams are stored unfiltered.  Emby might not deal correctly with teletext but again different topic new thread.

Martin

raymondjpg
7 hours ago, emveepee said:

From NextPVR you are wrong since the ts streams are stored unfiltered.  Emby might not deal correctly with teletext but again different topic new thread.

Martin

Yes. My mistake. Teletext is streaming as expected for live TV (both internal player and MPC-BE as external player) and for recordings. I had a misconfigured splitter for MPC-BE.

No need for new thread.

Thanks for the new plugin.

Regards