Create first ever user without going thru the Wizard or having an API key?

flamingostream

flamingostream

I have a use case where I need to create a user without doing it thru the wizard.

I know I can make or add users thru the API, but the API needs a key and to get a key you either need to create an API key or authenticate a user. At the start tho, before the wizard, both does not exist.

Wondering if this is possible.

HI, officially, no. Unofficially, you might be able to use the api's that the startup wizard is using to create users, and then whoever is installing the server can just step through the rest of the wizard manually.

Or you could use the api to do the entire wizard, create users, and then have the user setup libraries after that.

flamingostream
13 hours ago, PenkethBoy said:

it uses the emby api - not a separate api

What I meant was where to get the API key of the wizard.

We don't have any kind of process or documentation for this as it's never come up before. You're going to have to just hack it by looking at what the actual wizard does and sending the same kinds of requests.

flamingostream
5 minutes ago, Luke said:

We don't have any kind of process or documentation for this as it's never come up before. You're going to have to just hack it by looking at what the actual wizard does and sending the same kinds of requests.

Will do. Thanks Luke.