Iphone 8+ ios app unable to stream

trmb

On the the iOS app on a iPhone 8+, my wife has recently become unable to play any streams (either 480p MP4/AAC movie or 720p Live TV recordings). This is true of multiple files on each format--nothing streams at all. Currently at home and streaming locally, but we frequently also use Emby from a second location. The app shows an error of "No compatible streams available".

I tested playback on my iPhone SE and had no problems playing the exact same files. We are both running the latest iOS release (updated roughly last week).

Logs were initially uninformative (just showing it started and then stopped), so I turned on debug logging.  I have attached the relevant log portions, both before I turned on debug logging (has multiple examples, removed a thousand LibraryMonitor lines) and after (but that appears to show an unrelated(?) error). 

Running 4.5.4.0 on a Win7 WMC box. Movies are on a NAS, but Live TV recordings can be stored either on the server or on the NAS (depending on age).

embyserver iphoneError.txt.zip embyserver (no debug logging).txt.zip

Edited by trmb
Added the error message in the app to first paragraph

iOS is 14.3

That is true on both on her iphone 8+ that is failing and my SE(2020) that works fine. Tested against the same mp4 or ts files.

Here's the log file after I restarted the emby server that shows that the Emby app my iphone SE connects and plays fine. I stopped manually after a few seconds. Then I tried the Emby app my wife's phone and saw the same error.

I did note there is a weird Error in GetCodecList error at the top a few seconds before I played a movie. I am still running on an old i3-3240T in my htpc that serves Emby.

I also noted another error around 12:53 pm when I tried the Emby app from an ipad Air2, but movies streamed fine there. That ipad had not yet updated to the ios 14 like the other two devices.

embyserver (working on SE).txt

This was resolved by deleting the iOS app from the phone and the data. Upon reinstallation and relogging in, media appears to play normally again.