Updating EPG and remapping new channels does not show up on Emby?

embyzone

embyzone

Hi All

I cant seem to get the new channels to my Emby server?

(I even removed the tuner but then I couldn't make it recognize the HDHomerun plugin from the enigma2 sat box?, So luckily I had a backup I could restore Emby back)

The EPG by XML is loading fine!

image.png.4149ad267638088ce1f47cb5b5c8e61e.png

And the mapping to the new channels are done in Emby also fine!

image.png.a367219d7f6ed7d756f8a3642a8e9d9e.png

I mapped 48 channels in total:

But the Guide is not refreshed with any of the new channels?

Can anyone tell me what files to delete to force a udate?

The TV channels are in the right order and play perfectly!

But all icons are wrong? and all of the TV guide info is wrong...

Update it looks like it doesn't update after my re-mappings of all the channels?

Refreshing the guide doesn't help either

image.thumb.png.781b59025eef5bd091ef039802960172.png

Hi, You need to wait until the guide is completely finished or what you see is meaningless.

Let us know if you've let the guide refresh before looking at your end results.

I'm not family with that box but notice you have the tuner set to IP:port but then the guide is file based.

Is it supposed to be that way?  Aren't you supposed to pull the guide from the box as well?
If not how are you updating that XML file daily?

Edited by cayars

embyzone

I am running a plugin daily that fetches the TV Guide 7 days in the right format (Emby/PLex) and then I just map the channels to each of the correct guides

The few that are missing I select a not defined and deletes the icon so I can watch them without a TV guide. It works perfectly and I get detailed guide information and re-run info

Spaceboy

yes its freesat. i think you're generally limited in what you can receive via the stream to now/next information

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Spaceboy said:

yes its freesat. i think you're generally limited in what you can receive via the stream to now/next information

Thanks,  handicapped a bit here in the States on this info as we don't have it.

embyzone

Update if anyone else comes by this topic:

If I removed the tuner I could not get it working on my current channels even writing the port like before (BTW: I am Using the Emby official Docker image)

But if I restored my Emby with a backup (Had the tuner working before) I could get it up and working but was back to my first problem reloading the EPG!

After some reboots and reloading the EPG XML file multiple times I could see some of the channels propagating

So I think this works but its just very slow - I can now see all channels with EPG and they all work like before!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, embyzone said:

Update if anyone else comes by this topic:

If I removed the tuner I could not get it working on my current channels even writing the port like before (BTW: I am Using the Emby official Docker image)

But if I restored my Emby with a backup (Had the tuner working before) I could get it up and working but was back to my first problem reloading the EPG!

After some reboots and reloading the EPG XML file multiple times I could see some of the channels propagating

So I think this works but its just very slow - I can now see all channels with EPG and they all work like before!

Hi, simply run the refresh guide scheduled task and wait for that to finish.

embyzone
14 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, simply run the refresh guide scheduled task and wait for that to finish.

Yes But I think the progress bar is a little misleading: - Because its in no way done refreshing after the green status bar is showing done

image.thumb.png.781b59025eef5bd091ef039802960172.png

embyzone

I can confirm that this isn't the case the loading is not visible in the TV Guide before long time after

It slowly repopulates the list (Maybe my XML is bigger than others?)

Yes you can see additions in the list while populating but you won't see things like removals until it's done as it's one of the last steps.

So basically, wait until the guide refresh is done before reporting issues.