accidentally click forget server cant get it back

Garinski42

Garinski42

i`ve tried entering the pc name and ip address. neither worked. i also can`t load the server on my pc with the ip only localhost. tried uninstalling and reinstalling on both pc and tv. can anyone help?

Edited by Garinski42

2 hours ago, Garinski42 said:

i`ve tried entering the pc name and ip address. neither worked. i also can`t load the server on my pc with the ip only localhost. tried uninstalling and reinstalling on both pc and tv. can anyone help?

Have you tried accessing your Emby server from a different computer via web browser using the address showing in he dashboard:

image.png.95a398972cb9658977dd401a29f7ade3.png

What happens when you do that?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Garinski42

I have been unable to connect to the server, running on my desktop, via my laptop or TV using the In-Home (LAN) access IP address shown on my dashboard. The port input is always defaulted to 8096, which is the port shown on my dashboard and URL. 

BobbyCR

Have you checked your Router and make sure the ports are open? if you could provide a screenshot of how are you trying to connect that would help a lot. 

1 hour ago, Garinski42 said:

I have been unable to connect to the server, running on my desktop, via my laptop or TV using the In-Home (LAN) access IP address shown on my dashboard. The port input is always defaulted to 8096, which is the port shown on my dashboard and URL. 

Can you access Emby from another computer, tablet or phone?

Typically if you can't connect in your own LAN it's a firewall or other security software on the server blocking things.

Garinski42

I've just created a new account and it's all working perfectly. Happy to close this issue. Thanks everyone for your responses, really appreciate you all trying to help

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
nunu22

Hi,

i did the same mistake.

In fact, it seems that when you click on "forget", this removes the CONNECT userid from the user profil on the server.

I have reenter the user connect, and it seems OK

regards.

@nunu22 Curious, was this a regular user or an admin user on your system?

Did you actually verify the connect username was removed?

5 hours ago, nunu22 said:

In fact, it seems that when you click on "forget", this removes the CONNECT userid from the user profil on the server.

Yes, that is exactly what the function is for.  The system will show you all servers connected via Connect. 

Forget = delete if you want to think of it that way.  It doesn't actually delete the server (can't do that) but it can delete/remove it's info about the server to basically FORGET about it. 

You can always set that server back up again with new info.