New Plugin - Actor Image Web Scraper

mickle026

BaukeZwart

I tried both plugin versions but unfortunately they don't seem work on a Synology NAS. In the dashboard there is no config for the plugin.

• 2 months later...
scouser1023

Hi Everyone,

I have been with Emby for a lot of years now but man I have to say I absolutely HATE it when something like this goes wrong.  Always some BS command prompt stuff that needs to be done after hours of research.  With core functions we should not have to scour the contacts of the forum for hours with no real do x, y, z to fix the problem. 

Vent over.

Has anyone managed to load this on a Synology NAS?  Clearly its not in the plug in selections so I assume I will need to drop on .dll on a folder somewhere in the NAS that by design will not be easy to access.  Before I jump into putty etc figured I would ask.

Is there an official plug in to handle this?  I took a look and did not see anything.

Thanks!

scouser1023
On 4/26/2021 at 10:50 AM, BaukeZwart said:

I tried both plugin versions but unfortunately they don't seem work on a Synology NAS. In the dashboard there is no config for the plugin.

Hi Bauke,

Did you manually load the plug in and are saying it will not work due to the lack of a config option in the emby server app?

BaukeZwart
16 hours ago, scouser1023 said:

Hi Bauke,

Did you manually load the plug in and are saying it will not work due to the lack of a config option in the emby server app?

Yes, that was what happened.
But I think it was a permission issue. I'm now running Emby in Docker on Synology. I find adding addons much easier when using Docker.
Haven't tried this plugin since moving to Docker, but I have loaded other plugins manually without any issues.

• 3 months later...
gillmacca01

I have installed the custom person provider and selected IMDB as the only scraper,  but although IMDB has an image for an actor, it is not being shown when I search for images. This is running the latest custom person provider on the latest Emby beta

GrimReaper
7 minutes ago, gillmacca01 said:

I have installed the custom person provider and selected IMDB as the only scraper,  but although IMDB has an image for an actor, it is not being shown when I search for images. This is running the latest custom person provider on the latest Emby beta

Not sure plugin has been updated for 4.6.4.0+ and people management changes it brought with. 

Edited by GrimReaper
Typo

• 4 weeks later...
tr0nllam

Any chance of a plugin update that would allow us to sort the scrapers by priority or at least make TMDB the #1 option for scraping actor images?

mickle026

TMDB is not scraped at all by this plugin.  Emby has its own plugin for that.

Any images returned with a tmdb id come from my personal server which I update from time to time.  There will be images on my personal sever that tmdb does NOT have, but also in reverse tmdb may have images that I don't have.

The Emby tmdb plugin will fetch those images on media addition, mine will only *currently* fetch on thumbnail selection. 

DEVi is dev server with imdb id, DEVt is dev server with tmdb id.  Either may not match what tmdb or imdb is offering , its what I offer on my server with those id's

The images in the image below marked TheMovieDb are fetched by the tmdb plugin

Screenshot 2021-11-07 at 00-49-34 Emby.png

Edited by mickle026

mickle026
On 14/10/2021 at 11:15, GrimReaper said:

Not sure plugin has been updated for 4.6.4.0+ and people management changes it brought with. 

Emby should save them where Emby is set to, so it should be compatitble with new releases, although I have not currently checked.

mickle026
On 21/04/2021 at 17:56, Guest said:

any plan for this to do artist/album artist as well at some point?

I cannot say at this point, maybe ...

tr0nllam
19 hours ago, mickle026 said:

TMDB is not scraped at all by this plugin.  Emby has its own plugin for that.

Any images returned with a tmdb id come from my personal server which I update from time to time.  There will be images on my personal sever that tmdb does NOT have, but also in reverse tmdb may have images that I don't have.

The Emby tmdb plugin will fetch those images on media addition, mine will only *currently* fetch on thumbnail selection. 

DEVi is dev server with imdb id, DEVt is dev server with tmdb id.  Either may not match what tmdb or imdb is offering , its what I offer on my server with those id's

The images in the image below marked TheMovieDb are fetched by the tmdb plugin

Screenshot 2021-11-07 at 00-49-34 Emby.png

I was referring to the fact that if a person doesn't have an image downloaded and you click on their profile, this plugin will take priority over the TMDB plugin.

mickle026

You do this in library settings for each library of type movies.  The settings allow you to move the prorities up or down.  You dont do this in the plugin itself.

tr0nllam

Maybe this works differently because I rely on NFOs rather than refreshing metadata from Emby, but this is the scenario I'm referring to:

You have an actor in your library that currently has no image, but there is an image on TMDB that has not been downloaded. If I click on that actor, instead of the TMDB image being downloaded, your plugin downloads an image from one of its sources rather than allowing the TMDB image to download. I was asking if it was possible to prioritize the TMDB plugin download first.

mickle026

As stated this is done in the LIBRARY settings.  There are \/   /\  arrows to move the priorioty of the plugins you have enabled.  This is not done in the plugin itself.  Emby controls priority.

But I see you a kind of right as the Beta Emby App doesn't show for people in movies (I cannot state whether it actually did before or not), but it does for Artists in music (sorry the plugin isnt released yet with the music artist update as its still in progress), There is no Actor Image Fetcher prority settings.

@Lukewill have to interject in this thread to say if the priority can be altered or is planned for movies or tv.

If you click the Magnify glass you can always choose which image is downloaded.

Screenshot 2021-11-08 at 20-59-56 Emby.png

Screenshot 2021-11-08 at 20-59-28 Emby.png

Edited by mickle026

People images come attached with the movies and series metadata they belong to, so that's why there's no prioritization of that.

mickle026

Thanks Luke

tr0nllam

So if you get metadata then your people images should come from whoever provides that,tmdb, tvdb etc
From what you have said it appears this is not happening in your case, so I would check that these plugins are enabledin your library?

If they arent then it will get from this plugin if its turned on

Otherwise it looks like currently you will have to turn the plugin off when you add new movie/tv media if its intererferring and back on when you want to use it.

Edited by mickle026

• 11 months later...
hopphimsdotnet
On 1/24/2021 at 10:05 PM, mickle026 said:

** UPDATE **

There are two seperate plugins on this page - you will need to read the thread to see which one (or both) is best for you.

The original plugin (Actor Web Scraper) works at the server dashboard, it cannot be used or accessed by clients.  This is my first proper working attempt at this.  Its a bit clumsy but works.
I may revisit this one and update it, but for now it is what it is.

The newer plugin (Custom Person Provider) is internal and works when you click an Actor card, it is also triggered by clients. (but configured from the dashboard which they cannot access).
This plugin can quickly be turned on/off in the config page.

-----------------------------------------------------

This is the first working beta release - special thanks to @roaku for their help getting the javascript on the webui working :)

It only scrapes one actor at a time, im not going to do one that hits these websites continuously for the whole lot in one go so don't ask.

Please feel free to try it, test it whatever.

Built with net standard 2.0, so should be compatible with most emby releases.  I have added linux support but have no way to test it - so let me know if it works :)

Feel free to suggest anything it lack or improvements that could be made.

Enjoy :)

There is another plugin lower down in this thread, "custompersonprovider" which uses the internal Actor image system, its in Alpa stage, and it works seperately from this one.  Please read the blub if you are going to try it.

As always the blurb:
I accept no liability for anything - use at your own risk

Custom Poster Provider     ** Updated 5 feb 2021 ***

Added a few more scrapers, but also added the ability to pull images from other Emby servers

Screenshot_2021-01-24 Emby(1).png

Screenshot_2021-01-24 Emby(2).png

** UPDATE 25 JAN 2021 WITH FIXES **

*** NEW 3rd Feb 2021 ***

Added Internal Image Search Scraper Plugin.  This is seperate to the Actor Web Scraper.  This is Called Custom Person Provider because it works when you click the actor image inside Emby.

Try not to use all the scrapers as it will actually slow down load times for your clients who click on Actors that DO NOT have an image already.  I have added a config page so that scrapers can be turned on /off.

Trakt images are webp , they work well but may cause image processing error in the log from emby when it tries to resize it as it acesses it.  I am currently not sure if all "client" app support it either, all of my tests do, but thats not all devices.

Screenshot_2021-02-03 Emby(7).png

Screenshot_2021-02-03 Emby(8).png

Screenshot_2021-02-04 Emby(1).png

Screenshot_2021-02-05 Emby(1).png

Screenshot_2021-02-05 Emby(2).png

ActorWebScraper.zip 57.81 kB · 111 downloads

ActorWebScraper-server 4.6.0.20.zip 57.53 kB · 129 downloads

CustomPersonProvider.zip 33.21 kB · 105 downloads

I have been searching for this plugin for a long time on the internet, due to searching for the wrong keywords, I couldn't get the expected results, and now, I have found it. Thank you for this, it was really helpful for me.