Mediaportal 1 not "talking to" Emby

riverboat2001

riverboat2001

Win10

I've installed Mediaportal 1 (V 127.000.0) (server only) configured my twin tuner card. Checked there is a working channel by previewing the image.

Installed the MediaPortal plugin 1.9.4.0

It has the host name of the PC and the port number of 4322 (port number of MPextended service)

But I don't believe they are correctly configured. I cannot select my TV Channel group in the drop down box. And live channel option in the dashboard is blank.

In Mediaportal under Streaming Server it says auto )although the ip of the pc is there too. And port for RTSP is 554

It doesn't say anywhere that you HAVE to install MPextended, but reading between the lines, should i have installed that too?

As an aside do i need to setup the folders and series naming and epg, or does emby do all that once they are correctly configured?

embyserver.txt

Edited by riverboat2001

riverboat2001

There doesn't seem to be a step by step guide anywhere, so I'm struggling a bit.

I normally read enough posts to fuddle my way through to a Eureka moment, but not this time.

As I posted earlier I don't think it's going to work because?

I've downloaded mpextended-service 0.6.0.4-emby-zip. Extracted it to find MPExtended-installer.Services.msi

When I run the .msi file i can install it okay, and access the configuration page, but when i rightclick on the icon in the tray (to start the TV Server) I get this error

"Windows cannot find C:\program files (x86)\Teammediaportal\mediaportal\mediaportal.exe"

Media Portal v1.27.000.0  is installed though!

The problem is, it (MediaPortal) is actually installed at C:\Program files (x86) Teammeadiportal\Teammediaportal TV Server

pünktchen

Port 4322 is the correct port. It's the default port of the MPExtended service that will communicate with the MediaPortal TVServer. The port can be changed in the MPExtended config app. Just left click on the tray icon to open the configurator.

I can't remember but i think by default MPExtended has a user Admin with password Admin. But also this can be changed in the config app.

If the Emby MediaPortal plugin still cannot connect to the MPExtended service, check the firewall for port 4322.

• Thanks 1

riverboat2001

Bingo!

There was no account in the Authentication settings

I put in a user Admin with a password of Admin.

Up popped TWO users admin and Admin.

The emby plugin now sees my channel setup.

Although the plugin itself does say for authentication "disabled is better"

It's 2am here, so I'll post back tomorrow how i get on.

Thanks so much for your help.

I'll attach my log from mpextended

Just two questions if I may please, with regard to recording folders. Do I ignore the folder and other settings in MediaPortal?

Does emby manage everything except the actual tuner itself?

Cheers

mpextended log.zip

Edited by riverboat2001

pünktchen
13 hours ago, riverboat2001 said:

Does emby manage everything except the actual tuner itself?

No, with the plugin approach Emby does nothing then present you the data. Everthing is then managed through the plugin's backend, MediaPortal TVServer in your case. If you want the tv backend just provide the tuners to Emby, then you need to go the m3u route. But this is easier with NextPVR or DVBViewer.

riverboat2001

But cannot get a working epg. Seems living in the UK with Freesat is just getting harder and harder😔

riverboat2001
3 hours ago, pünktchen said:

But i've read you have a SchedulesDirect account?

The legacy SD-DD (XML) service requires you add a lineup below

When i put in my postcode it only returns American and Canadian listings.

SD-JSON countries include:

GB

I can't see anywhere in mediaPortal TV Server or MPExtended to enter my Schedules direct membership details

riverboat2001

Okay, I have the schedulesdirect plugin installed. (thats a miracle)

(On installation it says i need TV version 1.3, mine is (i thought) the latest 1.2.7)

Where do i get this even later version please?

I stop the TV service, then start it. But nothing is showing in Emby live TV

Do I need any of the other plugins installed to make this work.?

I logged into SD to ensure my password and username are correct.

Where does epg get downloaded  and saved to ?

If I manage to find it, do i have to put it in a folder for your Emby plugin to work.

Sorry for all the questions, but three days and counting with no eg is causing a lot of rows in the house.

I'm actually settig the alarm for 5am trying to get 5 hours in on this before the household wakes up! (yes, really)

There is obviously lots of problems with this installation judging by the error messages here.

Capture 1.PNG

Capture.PNG

mp1 log.zip

pünktchen
26 minutes ago, riverboat2001 said:

Okay, I have the schedulesdirect plugin installed. (thats a miracle)

(On installation it says i need TV version 1.3, mine is (i thought) the latest 1.2.7)

You have version 1.27 which is of course higher than 1.3. Anyway the Schedules Direct plugin doesn't show up in your TVServer configuration. Obviously the MPE Installer copies the files to the wrong location. Please follow these instructions: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/schedulesdirect-and-mp-1-22.139247/post-1264329

riverboat2001

Yep, already done that.

sorry didn't realise that 1.27 was later than 1.3 searching the web, seems a lot of people have problems with this concept.

Capture 2.PNG

pünktchen
26 minutes ago, riverboat2001 said:

Yep, already done that.

But i didn't see the plugin in your screenshot of the TVServer config. Have you really restarted the TVServer service?
The TVServer log will hopefully tell us what's happening: "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\log"

pünktchen
43 minutes ago, riverboat2001 said:

previously used and working in nextpvr

Why do you want to change then? I know there's no Emby plugin for NextPVR 5, but is it really that important for you to create new Timers in the UI of Emby apps?
Or would it also fulfill your needs to just watch live tv and recordings in Emby? Then go the m3u and xmltv route from NextPVR to Emby and set the NextPVR recording folder as a library in Emby.

• Like 1

riverboat2001

I need emby as it runs perfectly on the four Roku's in the house. Plus it just works so well.

I originally had Nextpvr working, but ITV Anglia split into East and West. So i needed to tinker a bit.

I upgraded to Nextpvr 2. Then realised that the epg  is screwed because of Emby being a paid app (my take on it)

So, i uninstalled that and went back to Nextpvr 1. However, somewhere along the way my codecs got messed up, so the picture and sound in nextpvr was skipping dropping in and out every second or so.

I posted on here what my issue was and someone said Mediaportal 1 would work for me and was a breeze to install. And it was, to get a picture up and running and create a channel group, set folders, brilliant. Where it falls down for me is the epg. Searching the internet for solutions show posts with the same issue dating back to 2011.

I'm guessing that the majority of users on here are from America where things are obviously different. DVBT as opposed to DVBS

The trouble is when looking at github, it's not for the faint-hearted, and there's a distinct possibility that it would be easy to download and install the wrong thing.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

I do have a good working m3u solution, but with a flaky internet connection I need a backup. (4g sim in a 4g router) And this is where freesat steps in.

It would be great to be able to "map" the channels from my m3u channel guide. That would solve all the issues. I assume it's impossible otherwise it would have been done.

I really like the look of digiguide and it would be good for planning my recordings, but there is no way of contacting them to see if they provide an xml

I'm not at the server now, i can only tinker in the small hours while everyone is asleep.

Due to covid I have an elderly relative living with me, so it's probably the wrong time to try and get this working right, but they can't grasp why they can't see what's on tv or set any recordings!

Some people would probably wonder why i don't just go for sky or Virgin. But living in the stick's i can't get anything like that anyway.

my 4g router and sim is faster than any "broadband" solutions.

Finally I am going to investigate the cost of having a Freeview (dvbt) aerial fitted, that would cost about £150 Then a hd homerun quatro would be £150.  (about 400$)

It's not something I'll be able to afford for a year or so. (covid = no money!)

pünktchen

Long post, but you didn't answer my questions:

2 hours ago, pünktchen said:

is it really that important for you to create new Timers in the UI of Emby apps?
Or would it also fulfill your needs to just watch live tv and recordings in Emby?

If it's okay for you to create recording schedules in the webinterface, then just use NextPVR5. It doesn't matter for Emby if the tv stream stutters in the NextPVR app, because Emby doesn't use any Windows Directshow codec. With m3u i also didn't meant any iptv service. I've just meant NextPVR can provide it's tv channels and guide data as m3u and xmltv to Emby. It also doesn't matter if the channel source in NextPVR is IPTV, DVB-T or DVB-S. The same goes for the guide data in NextPVR, it doesn't matter if it's DVB-EPG, Schedules Direct or xmltv. So please answer my two questions first, then we can go further.

riverboat2001

1/ Needs to work in Roku app. Can't explain to the family that they have to go upstairs to access the server pc and set something to record.

2/ I thought Nextpvr wasn't happy to provide it's xmltv to emby, but you're right it doesn't matter if it stutters in Nextpvr, but if you want to make sure a channel is working correctly it's better to check it in it's original source yes?

I can remember Windows Media Centre occasionally losing it's epg and investigating xml. Eventually would come back before drastic action was required.

So, I need to bite the bullet and learn to deal with this issue.

I'm probably going to re-install nextpvr, and then dedicate my time to learn to create my own xml for the satellite channels.

And create plenty of restore points and windows images!

This way if something breaks I'll have a better understanding of how to fix it.

Looking at 

xTeVe - Digiguide - tvg - xmltv