Photos: caching seems not to work correctly

bigcookie

bigcookie

Hi,

I am using Emby 4.5.4 on a QNAP NAS. Using FiretV 4K UHD stick to watch photos and movies etc.

I noticed that thumbnails are created when browsing through the photo library -> great. Some take a long time. Somehow on the next day, the cached images seem to be invalid and are being recreated again...

Is somebody else experiencing this issue?

regards,

bigCookie

Hi.  What, exactly, is the issue that you are seeing?

A cache is a temporary store and the items in it will have a varying lifespan so that, in itself, is not necessarily a problem.

bigcookie

Ah, ok. My problem was connected to the thumbnail creation. I assume that the photo thumbnails are created and have a long lifetime (until the original photo is deleted from the library perhaps). We wanted to watch some photos and the thumbnail generation took really long, so I scrolled through the album to generate all thumbs (1000+ - took more than 1 hour) and some days later, the same happened. I assumed the thumbs are generated and kept.

If this is not the case, my issue is with the thumb generation, which takes sometimes 15+ seconds per picture... But that explains. My expectation was different regarding the thumbnails...