When navigating through photo libraries, the backward navigation jumps through the library

bigcookie

bigcookie

Hi,

Emby server 4.5.4 on QNAP, using latest Android app on FireTV stick 4K UHD. Photo gallery with several 10k photos and more than 150 albums.

Issue:

When I navigate through my photo folder structure (each folder an album, some times with "sub albums"), the following happens:

1. Scroll to the desired folder/album under root

2. select album to see thumbnails of album

3. watch some photos

4. click back to get to thumbnail view

5. click back to get to first photo in album/folder

6. click back to get to root folder with all albums

Expected:

Land where the current album is selected, so you can easily pick the next or previous one

What happens:

Randomly I am landing somewhere else - sometimes more than 50 folders away from the current visited one.

Is this a known bug?

regards

BigCookie

Hi.  No, this isn't a known issue but I have an idea of what is happening.

This isn't a problem if you don't watch a slide show, correct?

bigcookie

My tests showed, that the navigation to the upper folder level works as expected when you start a slideshow directly from the root folder, high-lighting the album. Also when navigating into the album and starting a slideshow it seems to work. But if you mix slideshow and manual selection, it doesnt work always.

At the end I cannot conclude, if the glitches can also happen when only using slideshow function, but they definitely show up when using manual selection of photos. Also I noticed that skipping during slideshow (clicking the arrow down and "fast forward", then select the next image to continue the slideshow) is sometimes showring broken pictures: mixed content from old and new image and weird colored lines. Will try to make photos when I see it next time. Happened 3 times only yesterday.

But coming back to navigation: in the web UI it works as expected. When navigating upwards, you end up in the area of the root folder where the original album folder is still visible and you can easily continue selecting the next one.

@ebr as you expected the behavior to be different when using slideshow function, is this a known issue?

bigcookie
21 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  No, this isn't a known issue but I have an idea of what is happening.

This isn't a problem if you don't watch a slide show, correct?

@ebr I read your answer wrongly. Actually it is only the problem when NOT using the slideshow. When using the slideshow in between, it seems ot be fixed for a bit of time also for simple folder navigation and photo watching. But after a bit of jumping back and forth, it happened again in folder view.

Okay, displaying an image full screen would be the same as watching a slide show for this purpose.  I think I know what is going on here.

Thanks.

Okay, what I thought may be happening here isn't so I'm not sure what is happening.  I cannot reproduce any issues but it may be that I don't have a deep enough structure with enough photos.