Guide data dissapeared

sakle2k
Go to solution Solved by sakle2k,

sakle2k

Hi all,

Nothing has changed but suddenly 95% of the listings are missing in the guide (I am using Emby Guide Data). I've tried restarting the server and refreshed the data. Also removed the data source and re-added it. Refreshed the data again. I've also rebooted the PC.

Since I still have an active subscription to Schedules Direct, I removed the Emby Guide Data, added in the Schedules Direct info and refreshed but still no luck. 

I compared a log file from yesterday to today and can see that the guide data isn't being refreshed. Attaching the current log file here.

My provider is Verizon and I have a Ceton InfiniTV 4 PCIe tuner on Win7.

Hoping this is an easy fix. The wife has never been an Emby fan and this isn't helping, lol.

Thanks,

Les

embyserver-63746941006.txt

Hi,

Verizon in the USA?

If so switch over to Emby's built in guide data and let us know if this works for you.

sakle2k

Yes, Verizon FIOS in the US.

I originally had the built in Emby guide data setup which is what I've been using and it was working fine until tonight. I only switched back to the Schedules Direct to see if that worked.

What else can I try?

It looks like you're using the ServerWMC plugin, so you need to setup guide data in WMC and then Emby Server will pull that through the plugin. 

But perhaps @cayars can help you remove the serverwmc plugin altogether and then import the ceton tuner using Ceton tuner proxy which will emulate an HD Homerun.

Oh, didn't realize it worked like that as I've never used ServerWMC plugin.

I'd be happy to give you a hand if needed if you want to try and get CetonProxy running. That would allow you to setup the guide data directly in Emby.
This might be  good time to give this a try since your Live TV is sort of broken right now.

If CetonProxy doesn't work well for you, we could switch you back.
Willing to give it a try?

Edited by cayars

Do you have time to try it now?

If so download and install TeamViewer from www.teamviewer.com.

Send me via PM the ID and one-time use password you get on launch of that program.

I'll connect and open a chat window.

If you want to do it tomorrow same thing, just send me over that info when your ready.

Yes, that's a great time, but don't worry if you want to push it back to afternoon or evening.  Just PM when ready.

That was brutal to say the least but we don't give up and got it fixed.

We first tried setting up the CetonProxy but the firmware on the Tuner was to old for it to work.  A couple of unsuccessful tries at updating the firmware didn't help either and a more drastic approach to a firmware upgrade that I would do personally wasn't in the cards as we didn't want to chance bricking the tuner of a customer.

So then we went back to the original method that had been in use but it hadn't been working correctly since 12/20 and it was hard to figure out what setting(s) changed or wasn't working so we just setup everything from scratch including ServerWMC, EPG123, 3rd party guide data, plugin and Emby along with channel mapping.  I hadn't used this setup before so a bit of learning process to get it all working.  But I know now they work so something learned. :)

Anyway, he's back in business with all previous recording schedules and things work as they should now.

Edited by cayars

32 minutes ago, coatyc said:

my guide data havent been working over a month. is there a solution?

There is no issue with Emby Guide data not working.

Likely it's a configuration issue.

Please upload your server log so we can take a look at it for you.

It's the main server log.

Log menu.

Don't alter it in any way but just upload it as is.

Not a problem at all.

I'm going to need a few of your last server log files since you have so much activity in them.  Give me your last 5 server logs.

From the LOGS menu you can click the download icon and they will save as text files on your system.

In PM click the ATTACH link or just drag all 5 right over the message and let go and they will upload quickly for you.

image.thumb.png.f308e6c69993628bd369aa5aeaab8874.png