Too many errors giving up - Logs show audio bit rate not support

Geeksquad66

Geeksquad66

Could someone help me out with this. I've had and used Emby as my primary entertainment database for years and I just ran the server through an update not long ago. I'm pretty sure the issues started then. The majority of my files that have played for years stopped playing and fail with "Too Many Errors Giving Up". I looked through the logs and it appears that all of them are now showing "TranscodeReasons=DirectPlayError,AudioBitrateNotSupported". I can't figure it out but I'd like to be able to play all my files that I've had working for years. I've attached two of the log files for failed files.

ffmpeg-directstream-bb669737-9428-4b6b-b00d-7e772547a0bb_1.txt ffmpeg-directstream-bf4e53fa-f142-4fd0-a88a-a8d82f71554b_1.txt

Hi.  It looks like your server is missing some required components.  How did you install?  Can you try installing over your current version?

Geeksquad66

Thanks for the answer. I manually installed in a FreeNAS jail about 3 years ago because the current "plugin" was always behind on the updates and I got tired of seeing my TV display that the server was out of date when the plugin couldn't be updated. So I manually installed and it worked great until the most recent update I manually attempted to update which I thought went well. If I remember correctly I used the following commands to update:

pkg add -f https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.5.4.0/emby-server-freebsd12_4.5.4.0_amd64.txz
service emby-server restart

I'm seeing at the fresh installation instructions a bunch of dependencies? Am I missing some of those or components in Emby? I've never ran that portion of the install before when updating but maybe it's required now?

Geeksquad66

As an FYI I may end up having to re-install completely When I try and update the dependencies I'm getting a "/var/db/pkg/FreeBSD.meta has wrong version 2". I have no idea what to do with that so maybe it would be better to make a new jail and fresh install?

On 1/22/2021 at 9:14 AM, Geeksquad66 said:

Thanks for the answer. I manually installed in a FreeNAS jail about 3 years ago because the current "plugin" was always behind on the updates and I got tired of seeing my TV display that the server was out of date when the plugin couldn't be updated. So I manually installed and it worked great until the most recent update I manually attempted to update which I thought went well. If I remember correctly I used the following commands to update:

pkg add -f https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.5.4.0/emby-server-freebsd12_4.5.4.0_amd64.txz
service emby-server restart

I'm seeing at the fresh installation instructions a bunch of dependencies? Am I missing some of those or components in Emby? I've never ran that portion of the install before when updating but maybe it's required now?

Hi, if you're going to do a manual install, then yes, the dependencies and instructions can be found here:

https://emby.media/freebsd-server.html

They are for the beta channel but the same thing will work with the 4.5.4 txz