Transfer and setup of Emby Server Backup from Windows 10 to Terramaster F5-221

STR8

Just got a Terramaster F5-221 nas and installed emby on it but i can't seem to get the emby backup files to upload or transfer over 

Happy2Play

Would need to see server log, but trying to restore a backup from different Platforms/OSes will always be problematic as each Platforms/OSes will have different paths.  No library paths will potentially be the same either.

What exactly are you trying to do?

My windows emby server is great but the problem is that i have to many external hard drives so i got the terramaster to bypass all the external drives to just one unit or place.... so i wanted to just roll the windows backup over to the terramaster. But in regards to the OS... i guess i will need to start the whole prosses over from scratch then is that correct?

Make new users, libraries etc.. 

Happy2Play

You should have no problem restoring local users and userdata, but I believe you will have to relink all Connect userid.

I have not done this but in theory you should be able to copy the users.db for on to another, but this will have nothing to with userdata as that is in the library.db.  You could restore the userdata with the plugin as the userids would still be aligned.

The library paths are changing in this platform change correct?  

Overall there is really no clean way to migrate across platforms.  To some extent Emby-Server\programdata content can be migrated from one to the other but do to paths for items within the library.db, you would have to manually update them for it to be seamless.  But this is all relavent on said library paths.

Manually migrating the folder would/could require manual updating of library option.xml files and library.db Path locations.

Happy2Play

Okay there are some things you could potentially manually migrated but overall a new installation would be the best practice.

I don't know if this is something you have to do now, but if you can wait, I would wait until 4.6 is released but can not give you a time frame on this as there is still a lot of testing going on for the changes coming.

Yes I agree was just coming to terms with a fresh install. I have already stated the process will there be an issue with the auto update?

Happy2Play
11 minutes ago, STR8 said:

Yes I agree was just coming to terms with a fresh install. I have already stated the process will there be an issue with the auto update?

I am not familiar with the platform. Dev or fellow user will have to comment on if platform auto updates or requires manual updates. @Luke

Happy2Play

From the download page.

The version in the TerraMaster app store may sometimes be a little behind the latest due to the TerraMaster review process.

Also where on the terramaster wouldi find the plugins folder so that iI could manually install the new release plugin? 

On the windows desktop it was here C:\Users\Jackie\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\plugins

I don't seem to be able to find a path on the terramaster to the plugins folder this is what I see but it won't take me anywhere.

Paths

Cache:
/home/emby/cache
Logs:
/home/emby/logs
Metadata:
/home/emby/metadata
Transcoding temporary files:
/home/emby/transcoding-temp

Happy2Play
21 minutes ago, STR8 said:

On the windows desktop it was here C:\Users\Jackie\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\metadata\plugins

Actually this is not correct.  They are in  C:\Users\Jackie\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\plugins.  I am not familiar with the navigation of this platform, but will be in /home/emby/plugins.

@Luke so far so good I still can't find the path to the path to the plugin folder etc...

But I was able to use the emby backup plugin on the terramaster and it installed everything just like I had on my windows server so that was great.

I am a little worried about manually installing emby updates and plugins so if you know where I need to go to find those paths it would be greatly appreciated as this is my first time ever using the terramaster.

Thanks gor checking in on my issue and thanks to Happy2Play as well.

Happy2Play

You shouldn't have any issues with auto updating, it just means it will just take a little longer for it to make it into the app store (do to review process).  But if you don't want to wait you can manually update.

Emby for TerraMaster NAS - Page 6 - TerraMaster NAS - Emby Community

As for plugins they will automatically update, at least all of Emby's official plugins that are in the catalog.

A guru on this platform will have to assist on how to navigate to this /home/emby location or you may get a faster result asking this question in a new topic.