Emby Theater on Raspberry Pi User Library Access issues

mygarfield
Go to solution Solved by mygarfield,

mygarfield

I've been using Emby with TV apps for a few months now. This weekend I purchased Emby Premier and setup ET on my RPi4. It works nicely, but when I login on the 'kids' profile, they don't have access to the 'music videos' library. On the web for the same profile, they do have access.

How do I resolve this. I searched Google and the forums here and didn't find anything.

I don't think there are any logs because the icon/button is not displayed.

What should I look for as a reason?

On 1/11/2021 at 8:06 PM, mygarfield said:

I've been using Emby with TV apps for a few months now. This weekend I purchased Emby Premier and setup ET on my RPi4. It works nicely, but when I login on the 'kids' profile, they don't have access to the 'music videos' library. On the web for the same profile, they do have access.

How do I resolve this. I searched Google and the forums here and didn't find anything.

I don't think there are any logs because the icon/button is not displayed.

What should I look for as a reason?

Hi @mygarfield, are you sure you're logged in with the same user in both apps? You really should be seeing the same content in both.

mygarfield
On 1/17/2021 at 8:19 PM, Luke said:

Hi @mygarfield, are you sure you're logged in with the same user in both apps? You really should be seeing the same content in both.

Yes, I'm positive I'm logged in as the same user. That's why I'm questioning this. I have only 4 users/profiles, including myself.

mygarfield

I was wrong about the different between web and client. They both show the same thing, but they both DO NOT show the "Music videos" media button.

Emby - profile - kids - edit - Allow Media - 2021-01-23 12-24-03.png

Emby - profile - kids - TV Client - 2021-01-23-12-31-05.jpg

Emby - profile - kids - Web - My Media - 2021-01-23 12-25-22.png

Can you try giving the user access to all libraries as a test to see if it shows up then?

• Solution
mygarfield

Thank you for the suggestion. However, I just noticed that the above checkbox list said "Allow Media DELETION From".

This is on the Profile tab. The checkbox list for granting access is on the Access tab.

I suggest you move the "Allow Deletion" section to the Access tab, next to the "Allow Access" section. I would have looked at that and asked myself why are there 2 lists and realized.