Android TV adjust audio screen saver activation time

Vinny1967

Vinny1967

Hey there,

Would it be possible to reduce the OSD display time on Android TV.I've been busy putting Fanart in my folders so when I playback I get a nice rotating backdrop,but because the ODI stays on for around 1 minute,I can't see the backdrops.So is there a way to reduce the display time or just disable the cover boxes ?

Cheers

Vinny

Emby_20210121_193702.png

Vinny1967

All I'm asking is if it's possible to shorten the OSD time to 10 seconds or something like it is with video player.As you can see from the screenshot most of the screen is taken up by the OSD.It'll stay like that for 60 seconds.If I bring it up again that's another 60 seconds to wait before I can view the backdrops.

Okay, that is the main interface for the audio player as opposed to a temporary on screen display like in video.  What you see after not pressing a key for 60 seconds is our audio screen saver and what you would like is to be able to adjust the amount of inactive time it takes for that to show, correct?

6 minutes ago, ebr said:

Okay, that is the main interface for the audio player as opposed to a temporary on screen display like in video.  What you see after not pressing a key for 60 seconds is our audio screen saver and what you would like is to be able to adjust the amount of inactive time it takes for that to show, correct?

@ebr, yes I believe that is what he is asking, I would also like to tag on to that request.  Either adjust screensaver start time and/or ability to adjust the size, location and/or display type of the current playing track list.  As it currently is, the issue is that when you first start an album or list of songs playing, the album cover art takes up a good deal of real estate on the screen until the screensaver kicks in. It would be nice to either be able to adjust the size of the cover art in a "now playing" screen or move the items away from center screen or perhaps show the queue list as a smaller list to the left or right of center screen.  As the OP says you have to wait 60secs for the cover art to go away.  It would just be more beneficial for us to be able to adjust these visual settings to taste.

In anticipation of what I hope soon to be the future, it would also help in this case to be able to adjust visualizations parameters at this point too (once we get built in visualizations included with the music player 😃).

Just thinking about how kool it could be in the future.

Thx

Vinny1967
22 minutes ago, ebr said:

Yeah.I think EZEd managed to explain it better than I could.My old brain can't remember all the technical terminology :P

• 9 months later...

@ebr I'm running 2.0.48g of Android TV client and just noticed that when the audio screensaver comes on, the current playing track coverart is displaying in the middle of the screen and remains there for all songs.  The previous version was not like that.  All coverart would go away and you were just left with the artist fanart/backdrops playing as a slideshow.  Can you please place a toggle in the music playing settings so that we can turn album/cover art on or off?  Either that or resize/move the album/cover art away from the middle of the screen while the track is playing? Prior to now it was darn near perfect but this cover art covering up the middle of the screen is killing the experience again.  Please provide a toggle for those of us that do not prefer the cover art and only want to see the backdrop slideshow.  If the toggle already exists, please inform or where it is to make the change.  I can't seem to find it.

I'd also like to take this moment to once again put in a request plug to institute music visualizations into Emby music play.  Switching programs to bring up ProjectM as a separate app while playing music in Emby is inefficient, and inconvenient at the least and down right annoying at the very most.  Please get native use of visualizations into at least the Android TV client as soon as possible.

Thanks bunches