m3u file and guide data matching

MALLINDER

MALLINDER

So created an m3u file and streams work but I can seem to get the m3u to match the channel to the emby guide data I have selected (United Kingdom (extended) - cable (National)). I know I can map the channels myself but as I have find out sometimes a change / reload of the m3u causes emby to rescan and put incorrect listings next to channels.

have tried the tvg-id=""  and the tvg-chno="" , tried both using the number in the emby guide data and the name of the channel in the emby guide data. But cant get them t match up when I reload the m3u file. 

Any Ideas ?

gillmacca01

I would suggest running it through xteve, and assigning the correct channel numbers in there, then Emby will match it correctly

Yes for now I'd probably agree with @gillmacca01 that xTeVe is your best bet.
Using xTeVe you will be able to reprocess the m3u file over and over again while having it do the changes "on the fly" vs manually adjusting your m3u files by hand.

It really depends on your needs.  If you are going to take your list and narrow it down to say 100 channels you will use by removing "fluff" channels then you may want to avoid use of xTeVe and do things manually.

While this doesn't help you right now, the features that xTeVe will provide for you in this situation are built into the new version of Live TV coming soonish and will make your life a lot easier. Also besides that the channel mapping is much more diverse and easier to use as well.

MALLINDER

Only have 50 channels, all I need. So will manually map the ones I need and wait for this new live tv.. But I may bug you once a month because the live tv and having to use m3u becuase emby wont recognise pci tuners (which lots of use in the UK) kinda sucks. But I like the rest of emby

1 hour ago, MALLINDER said:

TBS 6905 quad pci sat tuner

Nice card. Wish we had services in the States that could use this!

MALLINDER

I wish you had these cards in America then emby and other software applications would support them more. Hopefully your new software (TV side) will help us in the UK out.

I was reading the card supports BDA drivers so keep your fingers crossed because the new Live TV version should work with tuners supporting BDA drivers!