4K content is 'loading' in my local network

XDavidT

XDavidT

Seem all my Movies isn't DTS. The issue is now here again, and it's not working, not from samsung tv, or xiaomi mi box, or my laptop. no way to watch the movie.

All the logs are here.

Luke - all the movies is TrueHD.

Edit: capture tv in one time

Edit2: The movie size was about ~60GB, is it related ? My local network is based on CAT5e&CAT6, and routers with 1GBps ports, so there not need to be limit in this level..

embyserver.txt embyserver2.txt ffmpeg-directstream-9c79b645-6822-48ab-aa7a-643c99e09151_1.txt ffmpeg-directstream-effffe8e-1fca-4c19-ad30-8222bdffb767_1.txt ffmpeg-remux-dadff888-8597-438b-b448-3f033d4a0563_1.txt ffmpeg-remux-e372ab26-764f-425e-a5f6-1e44d6683023_1.txt hardware_detection-63750400972.txt

IMG_20210303_212501.jpg

Edited by XDavidT
Add screenshot & Edit2

• 4 weeks later...
XDavidT
3 hours ago, Luke said:

@XDavidT are you still having an issue with this?

Hi Luke, since the last time of getting lags, I start downloading 1080p and not 2160p, so it's going well...
I can try again to play those 4k movies and let you know

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
XDavidT
On 3/30/2021 at 7:46 PM, Luke said:

Great, thanks !

Still

Edit:

Here is some logs trying play Captain MARVEL.
I just want to be clear, all my ethernet cables are CAT5e and higher, and the server is 8 cores, with 16GB ram.
Do I missing something ? What can cause that ?

embyserver.txt hardware_detection-63753685002.txt

Edited by XDavidT
Added logs

• 3 weeks later...

Can you give us a quick overview of your setup?

What version of Emby Server are you running?
What OS you running Emby Server on?

What type of client are you trying to playback 4K media on?

XDavidT
9 hours ago, cayars said:

Can you give us a quick overview of your setup?

What version of Emby Server are you running?
What OS you running Emby Server on?

What type of client are you trying to playback 4K media on?

My emby server version is: 4.5.4.0,
Emby is run on Windows 10 Pro (8 cores cpu, and 16GB ram)

From the start of this post, I did try to run (in this order): Samsung TV, Xiaomi mi box(android), Browser.
In my last comment, I used Samsung TV to watch captain marvel.

yesterday I watched 4K, and it been more smother, maybe you released new version ?

Edited by XDavidT

Do you have a receiver in line at all or devices (other then TV itself) connected directly to tv?

Do you have a problem only when playing DTS or TrueHD audio?

XDavidT
39 minutes ago, cayars said:

Do you have a receiver in line at all or devices (other then TV itself) connected directly to tv?

Do you have a problem only when playing DTS or TrueHD audio?

Yes, I'm using JBL bar 3.1 connected via ARC

Have you tried going from device to soundbar to TV using 2 HDMI cables?

XDavidT
20 minutes ago, cayars said:

Have you tried going from device to soundbar to TV using 2 HDMI cables?

Why do you thing the problem is in my audio ? I have problem in network. In the same way it happen in my laptop. You looking for the client, but the problem in the server.

The only reason I suggested that is because it seemed earlier the issue might be related to the audio track being used.
Is this not the case?

XDavidT
1 hour ago, cayars said:

The only reason I suggested that is because it seemed earlier the issue might be related to the audio track being used.
Is this not the case?

No, here is more details. You can see the video is stuck in that case, and other times, it's loading ongoing, while I watch a movie.

This is likely something a dev will need to check on.

Have you sent in app logs?

XDavidT
Just now, cayars said:

This is likely something a dev will need to check on.

Have you sent in app logs?

Please review this thread from the start, it full of logs, in every comment at least one log file.

I only see server log files.  Is there a post with info for ebr to look at for app logs?

23 minutes ago, cayars said:

I only see server log files.  Is there a post with info for ebr to look at for app logs?

His last test was with the Samsung TV app and he's reporting issues across all apps so this looks a lot like a bandwidth or I/O bottleneck issue to me.

I am going to suggest trying two things.. This is going to sound strange.. LOL

What I see for at least two solid logs are so many UPNP Port Map Errors that it is not funny.. Enough logging and errors of this nature could be effecting server performance.

I had this at one time.. You need to go to the server machine.. and remove the Server Configuration Backup 1.4.5.0 Plugin ( rename extension to .lzo or delete - this is a test so I suggest renaming ).. You can also uninstall/reinstall it as well whichever is easiest for you.. I rip things out LOL probably why I suggested that first..

Restart the server and view log after a full startup and see if the error goes away.

The second thing.. is if you do not need port mapping or UPnP.. disable port mapping/forwarding on the server. AND you can disable the UPnP ability in your router which will block those signals from running through your network... Some devices do this regardless.. But try those in that sequence, one at a time... and restart the server each time ( EMBY )..

ALSO server is best hooked into LAN.. at all times.. should transcode over even WIFI if needed.

Edited by Guest

XDavidT
4 hours ago, Hxemby001 said:

I am going to suggest trying two things.. This is going to sound strange.. LOL

What I see for at least two solid logs are so many UPNP Port Map Errors that it is not funny.. Enough logging and errors of this nature could be effecting server performance.

I had this at one time.. You need to go to the server machine.. and remove the Server Configuration Backup 1.4.5.0 Plugin ( rename extension to .lzo or delete - this is a test so I suggest renaming ).. You can also uninstall/reinstall it as well whichever is easiest for you.. I rip things out LOL probably why I suggested that first..

Restart the server and view log after a full startup and see if the error goes away.

The second thing.. is if you do not need port mapping or UPnP.. disable port mapping/forwarding on the server. AND you can disable the UPnP ability in your router which will block those signals from running through your network... Some devices do this regardless.. But try those in that sequence, one at a time... and restart the server each time ( EMBY )..

ALSO server is best hooked into LAN.. at all times.. should transcode over even WIFI if needed.

I will try disable server config backup, and keep update in few days.
About second - how to disable port mapping ?

2 minutes ago, XDavidT said:

I will try disable server config backup, and keep update in few days.
About second - how to disable port mapping ?

There is an option in Network menu you can disable.
Can can then also remove the plugin.

sooty234

He's already told you that it plays with the different audio, and the screenshot shows picture breakup and not that it doesn't play. He's remuxing HDR HEVC media.... How do you guys still not understand this stuff? It's the same stupid remux issue that is now years old! The container that the server uses to remux this content into DOESN'T SUPPORT IT!

• Like 1

Right.. that may be the case but when you  learn a bit about writing a server and code.. Errors in your log can be obfuscated code interference with proper operation.. in this instance if you had looked at the logs its enough to interfere.. This happens regardless of computing resources.. So eliminating errors in this server and getting a baseline is necessary within the discovery process in order to be sure of the actual cause of the issue.

It would also be safe to say that if this transcoding was not working.. it would not work for anything. Including people with the same devices.. finding out what is causing that issue in particular instances with those devices then in fact enables them to track down the exact thing that needs to be done.. without destroying all other operations.

Not to mention the picture above looks like a corrupt data stream, interference.. or some sort of file corruption... Even a various types of circumvention can cause that result.. in line between the devices.. even coming from the server system.

Edited by Guest

Now that we've established this happens in multiple clients can we focus on logs and testing using only one particular client moving forward until asked to try a different client?
This will help trying to diagnose the issue as far less variables are being introduced with each new test/log set. Choose which client you want to work with first. 

Thanks

Edited by cayars