Issue with Playback/Transcode

stiros

Hi all!

I've been enjoying setting up my server and have been adding media for about a year now and I've run into an issue that I have not been able to solve. I am currently in the process of adding the Star Wars movies to my server and  the 4K version of Episode 1 seems to freeze at about 2 minutes in (not always in the same spot) and will do so for about 5 minutes of the movie then be fine. When I convert the media I use High Quality H265 video and copy the original audio. The 4K version of Episode 2 does not have this problem, neither does the 1080p version, both will play fine. The playback "glitch" (for lack of a better term) happens on my Samsung TV and on web playback. The TV seems to only transcode because of the audio where as the web is transcoding because of the video and audio. It doesn't seem to be a network buffer issue, there is also about 2-3 buffer on the transcode when it happens. I checked to make sure the app on the TV was updated, I even reinstalled it. I have also reconverted the disc with the same settings as what I used for Episode 2. My media is kept on a Synology NAS but Emby is running on my home Linux server that has a GTX 1050ti installed. I'm at a loss now and any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-remux-005f4aab-9246-4bce-8b9d-6521573c0780_1.txt

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
stiros

@Luke Sorry for the late reply, it seems to be working fine now. I made it to 5 minutes in the playback on the web and it didn't freeze where it normally was. I didn't change the file or anything, just pressed play on the original file.