Installing dav1d (0.8.1-1) breaks dependency 'libdav1d.so=4-64' required by emby-server-beta

MediaMogal

MediaMogal

I'm getting the below when I attempt to do a system update. Emby 4.6.010 beta. AcroLinuxD Plasma desktop.

error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: installing dav1d (0.8.1-1) breaks dependency 'libdav1d.so=4-64' required by emby-se
rver-beta

embyserver.txt hardware_detection-63746740891.txt

Edited by MediaMogal

MediaMogal

[alienprober@TheMothership ~]$ sudo pacman -Syu --ignore=dav1d
.:: Synchronizing package databases...
core is up to date
extra                 1652.4 KiB  10.8 MiB/s 00:00 [---------------------------] 100%
community                5.3 MiB  75.9 MiB/s 00:00 [---------------------------] 100%
multilib is up to date
arcolinux_repo is up to date
arcolinux_repo_3party is up to date
arcolinux_repo_xlarge is up to date
:: Starting full system upgrade...
warning: dav1d: ignoring package upgrade (0.7.1-1 => 0.8.1-1)
resolving dependencies...
warning: ignoring package dav1d-0.8.1-1
warning: cannot resolve "libdav1d.so=5-64", a dependency of "ffmpeg"
:: The following package cannot be upgraded due to unresolvable dependencies:
     ffmpeg

:: Do you want to skip the above package for this upgrade? [y/N] y
looking for conflicting packages...
there is nothing to do
[alienprober@TheMothership ~]$

Hi, the beta arch Linux package is put together by a community contributor, so I'm afraid I don't have a solution for you at this time.

Perhaps at some point we may look at producing it ourselves down the line, but we're not there right now.

• Like 1

MediaMogal

@Luke do you think or know if I can just uninstall the beta and replace with the official version with little to no issues?  At this point If I have to resetup Emby that's fine, cause yesterday I removed EndeavourOS and it's boot partition, booted back into Arco without issue, did a couple more reboots without issue, did another and Grub was missing. Rather than reinstall Grub I just did a fresh install giving the entire drive over to Acro. At this point in Emby I only have TV Series setup, so having to reset it up wouldn't bother me. Thanks

MediaMogal

Found the fix.

Emby is built locally on your system, using the locally installed libx264 version. So to compile emby with libx264.so=160, ideally you should first update the x264 package (which is a hassle because of the dependency complaints).

What you should do is first temporarily remove the emby-server-beta package (pacman -R emby-server-beta), then update x264 (pacman -Syu), and finally install emby-server-beta again.

5 hours ago, MediaMogal said:

Can you please ping him in the thread? Thanks

I'm digging through emails to try and remember who it is, but if i find it then yes I will.

1 hour ago, MediaMogal said:

Found the fix.

Emby is built locally on your system, using the locally installed libx264 version. So to compile emby with libx264.so=160, ideally you should first update the x264 package (which is a hassle because of the dependency complaints).

What you should do is first temporarily remove the emby-server-beta package (pacman -R emby-server-beta), then update x264 (pacman -Syu), and finally install emby-server-beta again.

That's great to hear. Thanks for the info.

• Like 1

MediaMogal

I should add that when you go to reinstall the beta you need to use yay -S emby-server-beta. For some reason pacman -S emby-server-beta doesn't want to work. 

4 hours ago, MediaMogal said:

I should add that when you go to reinstall the beta you need to use yay -S emby-server-beta. For some reason pacman -S emby-server-beta doesn't want to work. 

Thanks for the info.