Playback & subtitle issue, only in Samsung client

XDavidT
Go to solution Solved by SamES,

XDavidT

My Samsung tv model is: UE55TU8000UXSQ
Tizen version is: 1460
Emby for Samsung 1.0.88
I have a lot of issues that different my android/web browser-
Today something happen to the video after few minutes, here is video: https://gofile.io/d/1ae7P3 (I can't explain in words, so there is a video)
And also the subtitles (und is the local Hebrew subtitles) showed in other language, not sure why.
Other movies run ok, but subtitles isn't sync right in all the movies..

Media info attached.

Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 12.02.15.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-19 at 12.02.32.png

XDavidT
On 1/20/2021 at 5:12 AM, Luke said:

Hi there, can you please attach the emby server log from when you played this? Thanks.

Here you go

Edit:

I just now found, some of subtitles is working OK in Samsung tv, and some not.
But when I play the same movie in my xiaomi mi box with emby, it's work great.

embyserver-2.txt

Edited by XDavidT

If you are playing the TrueHD track then it will be DirectStreaming. In this case, some users have experienced an issue where the subtitles play the previous sub. ie: you pick sub 6 but it plays sub 5. I expect that is what is happening with the und sub. I need to fix this soon.  If you are selecting a PGS sub then it will need a full transcode, and the performance will be dependent on your server. 

if you select the AC3 track then it will DirectPlay and the Hebrew track should work correctly. PGS subs will always need transcoding. 

Trying to play the TrueHD track is pretty much pointless unless it is the only 5.1 track that you have as it cannot be played directly and will always be converted to AC3 by the server anyway. 

XDavidT
10 hours ago, SamES said:

If you are playing the TrueHD track then it will be DirectStreaming. In this case, some users have experienced an issue where the subtitles play the previous sub. ie: you pick sub 6 but it plays sub 5. I expect that is what is happening with the und sub. I need to fix this soon.  If you are selecting a PGS sub then it will need a full transcode, and the performance will be dependent on your server. 

if you select the AC3 track then it will DirectPlay and the Hebrew track should work correctly. PGS subs will always need transcoding. 

Trying to play the TrueHD track is pretty much pointless unless it is the only 5.1 track that you have as it cannot be played directly and will always be converted to AC3 by the server anyway. 

So that mean you suggest me to use AC3 next time ?
After few checks, the buffer problem is happen also in other clients, so the main issue is playback colors, and the subtitiles..

• Solution
1 hour ago, XDavidT said:

So that mean you suggest me to use AC3 next time ?

Correct, this is your best option

XDavidT

In the middle of the movie, the audio wasn't synced to video, and trying to change to xiaomi mi box wasn't solve the problem, so I go back to Samsung tv, but still the issue is going on..

embyserver-4.txt

5 hours ago, XDavidT said:

In the middle of the movie, the audio wasn't synced to video, and trying to change to xiaomi mi box wasn't solve the problem, so I go back to Samsung tv, but still the issue is going on..

embyserver-4.txt 2.9 MB · 0 downloads

What did you play on the samsung during the time of this log, and at what time?

XDavidT
On 1/25/2021 at 4:21 AM, Luke said:

What did you play on the samsung during the time of this log, and at what time?

Guardians.of.the.Galaxy.Vol.2.2017.HebSub

hours or two before take the log

On 19/01/2021 at 21:04, XDavidT said:

Today something happen to the video after few minutes, here is video: https://gofile.io/d/1ae7P3 (I can't explain in words, so there is a video)

The problem in your video is a common issue when DirectStream is used for 4K/HEVC videos.  They do not segment correctly and break-up during playback.  

Again, the only solution is to avoid the TrueHD and DTS audio tracks as they are not supported by Samsung and will cause the video to DirectStream resulting in this problem (which also occurs on LG TV's, it's not unique to Samsung)

My Samsung tv model is: Ue40mu6125 

Tizen version is: 1290.3 

Emby for Samsung 1.0.89

Some files in Samsung tv Access local is playback freezing 1 to 2 seconds. Remote playing ok because the system transcode de file. 

I have 2 tvs one Samsung and one LG and LG is ok the play file, in my 2 mi box s its ok.

Only Samsung tv not. 

Media info attached.

Screenshot_20210129_053315_com.mb.android.jpg

Screenshot_20210129_053311_com.mb.android.jpg

embyserver.txt

Edited by dmtg

XDavidT
On 1/29/2021 at 11:52 AM, SamES said:

Is it better if you play without any subtitles?

It's playing good with or without, but subtitle isn't fit in some media.

Like Homeland, it work fine in other clients, but in samsung tv, the external subtitle and the local, both not working in my local language, here is video: http://dood.to/d/p0wg4invh69o

11 hours ago, XDavidT said:

It's playing good with or without, but subtitle isn't fit in some media.

Like Homeland, it work fine in other clients, but in samsung tv, the external subtitle and the local, both not working in my local language, here is video: http://dood.to/d/p0wg4invh69o

What is this link? Can you please attach to the forum post? Thanks.

psxlover

I think the subtitle issue here may be the same as I had reported some time ago. Subtitles go out of sync (and the video time on the player) if you fast forward or rewind , or if you resume the file instead of starting from the beginning, when audio is being transcoded:

Edited by psxlover