[SOLVED] Unable to download (so unable to install) Emby Server

adelphiaUK

adelphiaUK

I have been trying for the last few hours to reinstall Emby Server on my fresh installed system (Win 10 x64 Pro) but every time I try I get the following error and can go no further.

MediaBrowser.Server.Installer_qSYE2KOhrJ.png.2702cfcf6162e69dbe20cc1662effd79.png

Could anyone assist please as I would like to get my movies back on line. I am a Premiere user.

Thanks for the assistance!.

Edited by adelphiaUK
Mark as solved

Hi, we need to improve the error message, but this means the installer is unable to contact the github api to download the latest server package. Could something on your system be blocking that connection from happening? That is the most likely cause.

adelphiaUK

Well, I've just turned off my firewall and disabled my AV but it still refuses to connect / download. Is there any dependencies required that I may need to install first? I never had this issue pre refresh.

adelphiaUK

Hmmm. Have you just done something? It's just downloaded it and I've done nothing. One thing I DID notice is that this time it downloaded a version 4 of the server rather than trying to download a version 3!

adelphiaUK

OK. I think I've found the culprit and it's MalwearBytes. Turning off all the protection doesn't work, you have to completely exit the program, install and then reload MWB. Something I may need to report to MWB if it causes other issues with Emby.

Nope. It's started to do it again. Weird!

Edited by adelphiaUK
Update

The github releases api is having problems right now, so that's the reason for the trouble. I would try it again later.

adelphiaUK

Just kept trying and eventually it worked. Still unsure why it showed it was trying to download version 3 of Emby Server (which always failed) but when it showed version 4 it successfully downloaded. Is there possibly an old link referenced somewhere in the installer?

The github releases api was having problems yesterday which prevented it from getting the latest version information.